FSX: Cursor weird behavior

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
boilerhead
Airman

FSX: Cursor weird behavior

Post by boilerhead »

Hello friends.
I have a very odd problem. Everything was fine before. I didn't change anything and no problem with cursor in game. I recently turned on FSX and cursor was normal as before. After idle (moving again with mouse) cursor starts doing weird things in cockpit when looking around the cockpit. It's so laggy, so flattened and small. After ESC and continue flying is cursor again normal and after idle again weird. Just watch the video on that link. I don't know what happened. The problem starts with "awakening" mouse. I tried everything. New cfg, in-game settings, FSX compatibility, my 4K TV screen resolution or Nvidia panel but no change :cry: The last things I did was trying UTX Terrain Europe and MeshX but I had to uninstall it after bad fps. I remember Windows 10 updates. Maybe? But what should I look for now? Mouse is wireless, with sleep mode after idle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g4aImg ... e=youtu.be LINK :fsx:

Thanks for replies and help to solving my problem :a2a:

SAMSUNG 4K (3840x2160x16)
Win 10, stock FSX, 60hz rr. FPS is acceptable before problem

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSX: Cursor weird behavior

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
When the mouse goes to cross shape , the mouse is acting like a joystick , it happens if you right click at the wrong time , it is a pain in the hind quarters , some switches require right click to operate , and you need to be positioned correctly before right click or you get flight stick mode instead of a switch changing in the VC, i have tried finding a way of stopping it going into that flight mode , but not found a way yet .
As for the funny graphics , it could be a driver update done by win 10 , i use win 7 myself so not sure about win 10 , you might also look at controller conflicts.
my controls go through FSUIPC , but the mouse as controller is part of the default FSX .
Have you tried a different mouse , just in case the one you are using has gone faulty.
regards alan. 8)

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

alan CXA651 wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 17:18 Hi.
When the mouse goes to cross shape , the mouse is acting like a joystick , it happens if you right click at the wrong time , it is a pain in the hind quarters , some switches require right click to operate , and you need to be positioned correctly before right click or you get flight stick mode instead of a switch changing in the VC, i have tried finding a way of stopping it going into that flight mode , but not found a way yet .
As for the funny graphics , it could be a driver update done by win 10 , i use win 7 myself so not sure about win 10 , you might also look at controller conflicts.
my controls go through FSUIPC , but the mouse as controller is part of the default FSX .
Have you tried a different mouse , just in case the one you are using has gone faulty.
regards alan. 8)
Hi, thanks for info. Maybe trying different mouse is good idea. I try it asap. :D The cross is by holding space bar and looking with mouse (free look) here. BTW thanks :fsx:

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

Still don't work. It's the same with non-wireless mouse :cry: Maybe disabling auto-hiding cursor after idle temporary helps. Is there a option or something in cfg?

Snoober
Airman

Post by Snoober »

Check your video drivers are updated?

Maybe try windowed mode instead of fullscreen? (alt + enter)
FSX Aircraft:
  • Cessna 182 Skylane
  • Piper Comanche 250
  • Beechcraft Bonanza V-tail
  • Curtiss P-40 Warhawk
  • North American P-51 Mustang
  • North American P-51 Civilian Mustang
  • Piper J-3 Cub

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

Yes, everything is updated. I try window mode

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Boiler,

I had the same thing and didn‘t find a solution online. I‘ve tried a few things and suddenly it was resolved... I‘ll tell you what I did and you can check it out:

Right click at the fsx logo, properties, deactivate full screen optimizatin

Nvidia control panel - 3d settings - select FSX and make sure texture filtering quality is set to high performance

I can‘t remember further changed out of my head but it was something like that. I‘ll tell you if I have another idea what I did

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

adding (I don't want to edit in case you've already read and replied)

the texture filtering is probably not the solution, I typed this because it's the only setting I have activated for P3D. Rather than that I suppose it's something I HAD set and deactivated while I was searching for the culprit. I had several things set and activated and turned all of them off except this setting.

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

MarcE wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 07:41 Boiler,

I had the same thing and didn‘t find a solution online. I‘ve tried a few things and suddenly it was resolved... I‘ll tell you what I did and you can check it out:

Right click at the fsx logo, properties, deactivate full screen optimizatin

Nvidia control panel - 3d settings - select FSX and make sure texture filtering quality is set to high performance

I can‘t remember further changed out of my head but it was something like that. I‘ll tell you if I have another idea what I did
Hi,
for me doesn't work. Weird mouse is still here. :(
Full screen opt. DEACTIVATED & Texture filtering quality was on high quality but it change it to high performance and nothing. My nVidia settings for fsx.exe is:
Anisotropic filtering 16x
Texture filtering - an. opt. ON
Texture filtering - high quality (perf. not works)
Texture filtering - negative LOD ALLOWED
Texture filtering - trillinear opt. ON
Triple cache storage ON
Opt. at the fiber level AUTOMATIC
Power management mode PREFER MAX. PERFORMANCE
VSync USE 3D app. settings
FXAA smoothing ON
Smoothing - transparency 2x (excellen sample)
Smoothing - mode controlled by app.

I have it in slovak language so maybe I translated something wrong, sorry about that. :fsx: I try turn off all settings in nVidia panel and see if problem dissapear.

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

Not work. Now Texture filtering - anisotropic opt. is OFF and greyed out and trillinear opt. ON and greyed out (can't change).

EDIT: now it's back. I can change it

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

I tried lower resolution in FSX like 1920x1080 or 2056 and the mouse is NORMAL. But graphics is bad. I don't like that. My TV is 3840x2160 and FSX was on 3840x2160 too and there wasn't this problem before. It started few weeks ago. It was always on 3840x2160. :|

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

It has nothing to do with the sim itself and I also just played around as I didn't find the cause. But it was a setting like these.. It's been a while so I don't remember the setting anymore :/

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

boilerhead wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 11:51 I tried lower resolution in FSX like 1920x1080 or 2056 and the mouse is NORMAL. But graphics is bad. I don't like that. My TV is 3840x2160 and FSX was on 3840x2160 too and there wasn't this problem before. It started few weeks ago. It was always on 3840x2160. :|
found it here: on my system it's VSync. On flattens the cursor and makes it flicker, off and everything is fine. 3840x2160 too.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”