A pleasant afternoon with a couple of old friends...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Assinthewind1
Airman

A pleasant afternoon with a couple of old friends...

Post by Assinthewind1 »

I thought I'd share this: I was running the Cub at a little over half-throttle (!) in order to keep station on the JN-4 on a leisurely flight from Earls Colne to Cambridge in the east of England. This is, of course, the default FS9 Jenny converted to FSX. I can't stop flying the old girl as she's even more of a 'stick and rudder' experience than the Cub. No brakes, no ASI, no trim - just the sound of the wind to guide you. With the weather set to light turbulence and Accu-Feel looking after the open-cockpit sounds and ground handling she's a VFR delight. I wanted to check her out as an AI aircraft (hence this flight) as many of the made-for-FS9 models act very strangely on the ground, but I'm happy to report that the Jenny behaves very well and taxis and parks as expected. She'll now become part of the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden and will make regular trips between there and IWM Duxford where I base my AT-6 and P-40. Happy Days!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A pleasant afternoon with a couple of old friends...

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very cool, my FS flights tend to be Humberside, Norwich and Duxford 8) 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”