A2A Aerostar flights

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: A2A Aerostar flights

Post by Medtner »

TreeTops wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 14:16 Ahhhh. Nimble and Stratocruiser in the same sentence. Something I never thought I would write.
I see what you did there, and I am drooling... :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

avduarri wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 16:40 Hi Scott,

Is there any clip recorded before the accident day you can share with us? Your videos were very interesting to watch.

Thanks
Yes, we have about 6 hours of recorded test flights that will be used to demonstrate various things about the airplane. But some of the cameras weren't working well and these all have to be laid out, lined up, etc. so sync sound with video. It will be better to do this when we're actively using these to build the physics.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Scott - A2A wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 13:57 We are committed to Prepar3D as this is the best commercial training platform available. FS2020 is what we see / hope is the future for the public, just like FSX was. We're building even more of our Accu-Sim technology outside the host simulator (P3D, FS2020, etc.) so starting with our next release we will be even more platform independent than ever. This way, regardless of where the winds blow in terms of the platform of choice, A2A's entire library will be nimble and moveable without compromising the core aircraft.

Scott
I am VERY glad to hear that! I had almost despaired seeing all those new sceneries, airplanes only for MS2020...
I bought the first version of MS2020, tried to install it twice on my P3D PC: no success. Help from aerosoft was not very encouraging. I de-installed again, am now patiently waiting for a version that installs easily and has most of the reported bugs/deficiencies removed.
Looking forward to the next aircraft from A2A for P3D!
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Absolutely great to hear, yes.

Unfortunately
It will be better to do this when we're actively using these to build the physics.
the future tense here sounds like the whole project would still be a long way out.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

MarcE wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 15:08 Absolutely great to hear, yes.

Unfortunately
It will be better to do this when we're actively using these to build the physics.
the future tense here sounds like the whole project would still be a long way out.
Yep, I'm starting to worry it'll be quite a while before we see A2A birds in MSFS. That's a shame, really, because I no longer have the patience to deal with P3D...

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are having to write all new physics and code for FS2020 which has taken us into uncharted waters. It has taken us a longer than we would have ever expected but we are continuing to progress forward towards completion of the new system. We expect to see you in FS2020 at some point but still are unable to predict exactly when.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott - A2A wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 04:26 We are having to write all new physics and code for FS2020 which has taken us into uncharted waters. It has taken us a longer than we would have ever expected but we are continuing to progress forward towards completion of the new system. We expect to see you in FS2020 at some point but still are unable to predict exactly when.

Scott
You can be sure that we are (im)patiently waiting :D

The day that A2A will enter MSFS will make several yaws drop of those who avoided P3D in the past because of the bad flight physics *cough*

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”