Is there a specific forum location for MSFS 2020?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Is there a specific forum location for MSFS 2020?

Post by Styggron »

Hello everyone,
I had a look around but could not seem to find a specific forum to chat about FSXI (as I call it because it is flight sim 11) ie MSFS 2020 (and I mean a thread/subforum here on the A2A Community not an external one)

I was just wondering what people think the flight models and plane behaviour of the build in GA aircraft are like.
I don't have FSXI so I can't comment.
Last edited by Styggron on 23 Sep 2020, 20:38, edited 2 times in total.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Is there a specific forum location for MSFS 2020?

Post by Skycat »

Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Oh dear.
Apologies if I didn't make it clear I thought it was obvious.
I was asking for a thread here on the A2A forum.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

There is no official specific place, but there are at least six other threads in the list below yours.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Oh hell let’s not start calling the new Microsoft Flight Simulator released in 2020 FSXI. It’s too confusing and looks too close to FSX.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Yup you won‘t make yourself many friends if you try to start a new abbreviation :mrgreen: :D

Microsoft talked about it when it was announced and they said they didn‘t name it FS11 because it wasn‘t, they use a totally new approach and that is what they do. So it‘s a new sim but none of the old row of numbers. Let‘s not start such confusing names, it‘s either just MSFS or FS2020 or something like that.

If there was a new story of Lara Croft who suddenly became a pilot and they named it Big Props it wouldn‘t be Tomb Raider xyz anymore 😝

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

Styggron wrote: 23 Sep 2020, 17:43 Hello everyone,
I had a look around but could not seem to find a specific forum to chat about FSXI (as I call it because it is flight sim 11) ie MSFS 2020 (and I mean a thread/subforum here on the A2A Community not an external one)

I was just wondering what people think the flight models and plane behaviour of the build in GA aircraft are like.
I don't have FSXI so I can't comment.
There is no specific place here, yet, but I am hoping that in the next few weeks there will be an update on the Piper Aerostar. Eventually, one would wager, a forum will follow and that will act as the first "official home" for general FS2020 discussion here.

To answer your second question, it is a bit of a mixed bag. There is tremendous potential in the sim, but it seems to have been released a bit prematurely. There are numerous bugs of varying severity, especially with the larger aircraft. The latest patch, released last week, introduced some new and "creative" bugs as well. These are growing pains that will hopefully be cleaned up in the coming weeks.

For GA aircraft, the general consensus I've gathered is that they fly fairly well. The one issue I've encountered is overly sensitive rudder. This applies to basically every plane - I haven't gotten any 3rd party planes yet (there's only 3 out there so far that I know of) so can't comment on those. You can adjust this in the settings (well you could until the latest patch screwed that up), but even that only goes so far as the input just feels way too strong, and after a point it kind of becomes sluggish for bigger aircraft. Ground handling can be a bit difficult but it doesn't ruin the overall experience. The community has already started producing mods to bring the stock aircraft closer in performance to their real-life counterparts. Why Asobo couldn't do this in the first place is beyond me, but it's great that the platform allows for this and the community has the passion to do it.

I would suggest if GA is your thing then go for it. If you want to do airliners then perhaps wait till more of the bugs are fixed. If you have other games/content you've been wanting to play then it might be best to do that and get into FS2020 once it's a little more polished and has more 3rd party aircraft.
ImageImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

MarcE wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 04:09 If there was a new story of Lara Croft who suddenly became a pilot and they named it Big Props it wouldn‘t be Tomb Raider xyz anymore 😝
MSFS continues to be about piloting airplanes though, and has enough FSX code within it that it could be considered the eleventh entry in the Microsoft series. Also, "Tomb Raider" continued to use that franchise name across several developers and new game engines, including the ill-fated "Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness" proposed trilogy that was supposed to launch the supernatural demon-hunter protagonist Kurtis Trent.

I'm not a fan of calling the new MSFS "FSXI" though, for the reasons posted in this thread.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

There isn't any specific forum for FSX or any of the P3D versions that I see. I don't know why there would be one for FS2020

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I thought it was all about displacement :?

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

twsharp12 wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 08:09 There isn't any specific forum for FSX or any of the P3D versions that I see. I don't know why there would be one for FS2020
and being away from the forums for around 2 years I thought I'd ask as I couldn't find one. :)

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

"Other sim news" it shall be then :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”