every day it hurts more and more to launch msfs2020 and not find an opportunity to get on the mustang

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
einherz
Master Sergeant

every day it hurts more and more to launch msfs2020 and not find an opportunity to get on the mustang

Post by einherz »

I'm on the verge of insanity(next stage of insanity, for be correct)... how do you find, guys, crysis remastered?
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Hobart Escin

Re: every day it hurts more and more to launch msfs2020 and not find an opportunity to get on the mustang

Post by Hobart Escin »

Bittersweet bro, bittersweet. FS2020 is a whole new breed of cat programming-wise, at least in terms of aircraft development. If I understand correctly, however, the good news is that A2A have already begun the process of developing for FS2020, starting with the upcoming Piper Aerostar.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Re: every day it hurts more and more to launch msfs2020 and not find an opportunity to get on the mustang

Post by Styggron »

I'm wondering if they will finish (if started) any last FSX planes.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

everything will, i think, but now, without a2a p-51 - sad, and sad, and sad... but i can glad for guys, who waiting aerostar more than mustang, and i think aerostar can be perfect ga, but for me :( i just need something like lancair legacy, or spitfire, or thunderbolt, warhawk, viper, hornet, or bird dog if talking about not fighters or aerobatic(fighter's formfactor)... so i will get aerostar first, and will weep, fly and cry, fly and cry, fly and cry, till first a2a fighter will out

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

It's extremely painful to load up MS2020, which is why I don't anymore. The world is stunning, the clouds are beautiful, but the planes are impossible for me to use after A2A, Majestic, or PMDG. yuck yuck yuck!

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

I have a different experience / perspective.

I have about 22 hours in MSFS2020 now and have finally uninstalled P3D3 and 4 (a mighty collection of mods and addons) and so no way back. Despite the lack of my A2A collection, I find MSFS way more engaging to fly and now P3D seems like a bucket of hassle and very silly licences that nobody understands with fly on rails, flat runways, no sense of height or location or weather...I wouldn't have said that a year ago and I would have gone P3D5....but which licence? If I was a student at P3D3 am I still one at P3D5 and do I buy my A2A all over again to match etc....and how to reinstall everytime I upgrade my PC? I even bought XPlane11 but strewth more work again to get it up to standard. And then MSFS2020. Job done.

If A2A never release for MSFS2020 the world will not end. But they will and then up another step we go.....so long as the CPU can cope :-) Strewth, another PC Upgrade.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

pilot37 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 10:50 I have a different experience / perspective.

I have about 22 hours in MSFS2020 now and have finally uninstalled P3D3 and 4 (a mighty collection of mods and addons) and so no way back. Despite the lack of my A2A collection, I find MSFS way more engaging to fly and now P3D seems like a bucket of hassle and very silly licences that nobody understands with fly on rails, flat runways, no sense of height or location or weather...I wouldn't have said that a year ago and I would have gone P3D5....but which licence? If I was a student at P3D3 am I still one at P3D5 and do I buy my A2A all over again to match etc....and how to reinstall everytime I upgrade my PC? I even bought XPlane11 but strewth more work again to get it up to standard. And then MSFS2020. Job done.

If A2A never release for MSFS2020 the world will not end. But they will and then up another step we go.....so long as the CPU can cope :-) Strewth, another PC Upgrade.
I fly the Majestic Q400 a TON and 95% of my time is spent in the cockpit, checking systems, messing with the AP, running checklist with the FO, etc... etc... Nighttime or bad weather even more so. IFR flying is still king in P3D, in my opinion of course. That is too much to give up for eye candy.

MS2020 VFR is great, but like I said, the airplanes are not good compared to what A2A offers on P3D and FSX. I'm not saying it isn't fun to boot it up and get in their 172 and putter around and breathe in the scenery, but it feels like a hollow experience. I'm really excited for the Aerostar, then it will be complete.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Since the latest MSFS patch, I have no intention of ever going back to P3D. The stuttering, pauses, levitating houses, random crashes to desktop, not to mention having to fly with crash detection off? Never again. Right now MSFS is perfect, just needs a decent aircraft. I will patiently wait for A2A to release whatever single prop they have in the pipeline. If they don't have one, then...well...

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Yeah, it was a one-way trip to MSFS for me, too. GA flying is so much nicer and the whole world is availble to fly and with really high quality. \o/

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

as i tell before, for me all simulators gone, after first time i see msfs in youtube, i juste felt it not only graphic, i seen all perspective, then found creators with interview video, then they just confirm i was right, but!!!! i need broken clouds form rex simulation, i need cirrus clouds from rex simulations, i need trails at high alt and big aoa, i need sea traffic, and i need mustang of a2a and all other fighters from the command, i need vrs f/a-18e(looks like in msfs will "f" double sit fighter :(((( ) but... i'm really ok without this, sure it's all above hyperbola, irony, etc. but in any way my self really need all that things, what we leave in p3d... i love all that little devils as vl-3, virus, different cub's models, new moony carenado, all the light aviation is not bad at all for me there, but as i missed p-47 in p3dv4 i miss all a2a fighters and vrs f/a-18, and aerosoft tomcat in msfs, and this missing for be truely more hopeful than painful, msfs for me not the best, it's only one possible, psychologicaly possible to flight
p.s. what i forget to mention, this sim too good for all bugs and lacks, all the referred and not referred creates super contrast, that comparatively with cognitive dissonance

Drizzle
Airman

Post by Drizzle »

I am encouraged to hear the rumor that A2A has a path toward providing their planes to MSFS2020. When the 2nd (I think it was) update came out for P3D V5, my 980Ti no longer seemed to have enough VRAM to fly for more than just a few minutes (at most). So I have been biding my time waiting for the 30-series cards to come out (it was too close to spend the coin for a new card that would be obsolete in short order) -- and the pain of simply not flying has been EXCRUCIATING!

When I first heard about MSFS2020, I scoffed. After the insult to actual simmers that "Flight" was, I was more than a little skeptical! But having been watching the reviews and videos, I am simply staggered! Still waiting for a few more pieces of hardware, as well as waiting for MSFS2020 to support VR -- but I cannot wait to finally plunge into all this delicious eye-candy I've been watching others enjoy -- from the sidelines...

But a reason the eye candy appeals so much is that I only care about flying low and slow. Piston singles almost entirely. (I probably have more than 1,000 hours in the A2A Cub, and perhaps 500 each in the other two Pipers.) So while I believe I can endure merely Carenado-quality planes for a while, I sure am hoping I can return to my addiction to A2A's GA aircraft sooner than later. And if I can, I have a feeling I'll possibly never launch my P3D again -- which is kind of a hard concept for me to reckon with, having a pretty heavy five-figures invested in my P3D-based sim collection!

Anyway -- good to see a ray of light at the end of the tunnel!
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Except the expensive and extensive storage requiring ORBX true earth regions I can‘t stand flying VFR in P3D anymore. I do some pretended IFR (without ATC) with the Bonanza and Cessnas but that‘s it. GA in MSFS. The planes are not comparable but there are some mods for the 152, the VL-3, the Caravan and I was told the Carenado Mooney wasn‘t bad, whatever that means. And the Katana is amazing for a 1$ airplane. All of them behave wrong when you drop the flaps and all of them make a wheelie when you pull the stick back with full throttle on the ground but apart from that they are really nice to fly. Also there are people working on the Diamond Star and the DA-62. The community is amazing and the pretty nice fligvt dynamic engine makes a lot possible. I‘m totally in love with MSFS. However I think with regards on the money and my effort to get my CPL I think it will be mainly an A2A hangar for me and the PMDGs etc remain in P3D, at least until I‘ve got my licenses done.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hey Drizzle. It's not just you and your 980Ti that can't cope. My 2080TI with 11GB of RAM only lasted a few minutes too. It's the new OOM for a new generation. You have to turn your sliders down and almost cripple the sim to run v5. Evidently memory management in v5 is FUBAR. Maybe they will sort it maybe they won't. As for MFS, I'll wait and see what develops, warbird wise. It's just taking up space on my SSD at the moment.

Steve

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

I gather the upcoming aerostar will not be released for FSX will it?
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

This is interesting and maybe I'm a rare case. But I'm just not convinced by MSFS. Granted, the scenery is very impressive for default. But for some reason, I've never been a fan of photo real scenery. In some ways I found MSFS too real 😂

I was a longtime FSX user, and only recently made the switch to p3d v4 (not v5 due to system constraints and lack of support for my existing addons).

I'm afraid to say it, but I think I prefer my simulated environment and textures from orbx and FreeMeshX over the life-like MSFS..... maybe I am just a perculiar breed

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”