This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Assinthewind1
Airman

Post by Assinthewind1 »

Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right place... I don't usually get involved with forums but I felt I had to give some positive feedback on the FSX Cub (my first Accusim plane and in fact my first payware plane) - what a great model! After only a few short flights I'm hooked and can't go back to freeware and default FSX aircraft. The Cubs' ground handling and soundset alone make it well worth the money and I'll be buying the Cessna 172 and Piper 180 for sure in the near future. Just one question: have the A2A team ever considered making a model of that old CoF favourite the Curtiss Jenny? It's actually the only default plane I can't bear to give up. With its cantankerous OX-5 engine, singing rigging wires and imperceptible rate of climb it would make a really great seat-of-the-pants Accusim experience. Thanks to all for producing these wonderful models...

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Re: Newbie

Post by twsharp12 »

Oh man, prepare yourself. You may end up buying every one of their planes.

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

I think all us A2A long timers own all their planes. I do for both FSX and P3D. Still can't wait to see the B17 in my P3D :D That is the one that got me started with A2A back in 2010.

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

I'm a relative newbie too. Started with the piper Comanche. Absolutely love it, planning which to buy next :D

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

I have to agree with all other comments, once you own one A2A plane you will end up collecting them all.

I have nearly all of them apart from the 182 as I felt I was satisfied with the 172. I also don't have the P51, as I'm a Spitfire flyer.

If you want my opinion on which plane to grab next, I would 100% say the Comanche. It's my all time favourite.

Enjoy the Cub with the low and slow, any questions post on here as the community is very friendly and helpful.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Welcome to the A2A Community forums and thanks for posting the kind words. I hope the cub gives you many many hours of fun in the virtual skies 8)

cheers,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Assinthewind1
Airman

Post by Assinthewind1 »

Thanks Lewis and everyone else. I've just bought the Accu-Feel pack to see if it can spice up some of my old favourites enough for me to hang on to them and downloaded the free ( :D ) P-40, so I think the above comments may hold a good deal of truth.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you have been enjoying the Jenny and a few others like that Accu-feel should add a bit of spice for them and keep them in your hangar for a long time to come :)

cheers,
Lewis

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Assinthewind1 wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 12:33 Just one question: have the A2A team ever considered making a model of that old CoF favourite the Curtiss Jenny? It's actually the only default plane I can't bear to give up. With its cantankerous OX-5 engine, singing rigging wires and imperceptible rate of climb it would make a really great seat-of-the-pants Accusim experience..
It's not the Jenny (and its not AccuSim) but do you have the Aircraft Factory Avro 504K?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Assinthewind1
Airman

Post by Assinthewind1 »

Update: The Accu-Feel pack has added a whole new dimension to the sim - much more immersive and I like the way that it can be configured for each individual aircraft or turned on and off with a couple of mouse clicks - more time flying and less time buggering about with config files! I'll be taking a closer look at the 504 in the near future. Along with the Jenny and the Standard J-1 it was one of the go-to machines of the barnstorming era. Thanks guys...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I would also suggest the Albatross be on your radar. WW1 Kite, mucho fun to fly and beautiful cockpit 8) Of course I am bias, but have a good look at it, I think you'll like it.

cheers,
Lewis

Assinthewind1
Airman

Post by Assinthewind1 »

Will do Lewis, but there's a huge void between the Cub and the kindly-made-freeware P-40 which I'm going to have to fill with the T-6 first - don't want to crash and burn whilst fiddling with levers that I don't yet fully understand. I know you can't bend a simulator but for the sake of realism (I haven't bent the Cub yet!)... Anyway, the Texan will live nicely with the Warhawk and the ACG Duxford scenery that I have, whilst the Jenny resides at ORBX Old Warden and I have one Cub at Earls Colne and another floating on Lake Windemere - happy days! 8)

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Yep I started with the C172 after seeing it on what I believe are the best flight simulation videos on youtube by Doofer911.
I hardly fly the default after flying the A2A C172, there is just no comparison, the A2A C172 is so "floaty". Then I printed all the manuals to every plane they had and when they had their annual sales bought up big. I also bought all their aircraft factory planes they are amazing too.

There is just nothing like A2A and Accusim. Hope you enjoy and you will, in fact you will find it hard to fly anything NON A2A.

May I also take this opportunity to recommend Accu-Feel it does an AMAZING job at give you a little taste of accu-sim would be for yoru default and non A2A planes. If you're a fan of sea planes as I am, then Accu-feeil is an absolute MUST what it does for Sea Planes is nothing short of amazing. Check out A2A's Youtube videos on accu-feel. Fantastic price and great value.

Enjoy all things A2A.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Assinthewind1
Airman

Post by Assinthewind1 »

Yes Styggron, I recently bought Accu-Feel and as you say it makes a big difference to any non-Accu-Sim plane. Being able to adjust ground and air handling as well as sounds 'on the fly' means you can quickly and easily set up any aircraft just how you like, or just how you imagine it should be. Using it alongside some aircraft.cfg mods I was able to tweak the handling of the FS2004 Jenny so that it's now a real handful in the air and demands your total concentration to keep straight and level - just as real pilots report it to be. The only way to trim that old bird was to throw a mail bag over the side so it should never be a 'look no hands' type of flight and Accu-Feel has enabled me to replicate that. The Jenny lives on - at least until the A2A guys do an Accu-Sim model. :?: :?: :?: :wink:

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Absolutely.

For me I am very keen on Sea planes, the Grumman Goose and Mallards and the Dehavilland Beaver. Accu-Feel is a MUST for sea planes, it is the unsing hero. Everyone on FSX really should have accu-feel.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”