This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Assinthewind1
Airman

Re: Newbie

Post by Assinthewind1 »

I've played around with the Goose, Beaver and of course the Cub floatplane and they're great fun, but as I only have ORBX scenery for the UK and can't bear the default stuff I haven't ventured beyond the Lake District very much - we don't seem to operate seaplanes here! At a later date I'll probably upgrade to ORBX Global and then I'll do more flying in the 'States - with thousands of beautiful locations to visit it must be seaplane heaven...

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Assinthewind1 wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 03:39 I've played around with the Goose, Beaver and of course the Cub floatplane and they're great fun, but as I only have ORBX scenery for the UK and can't bear the default stuff I haven't ventured beyond the Lake District very much - we don't seem to operate seaplanes here! At a later date I'll probably upgrade to ORBX Global and then I'll do more flying in the 'States - with thousands of beautiful locations to visit it must be seaplane heaven...
From what I see UK, well, specifically London is very badly represented in FSXI (MFS2020).
I have seen ORBX England and the single thing (Dover Castle) I checked was not present. Last checked 2 years ago so not impressed at all there.
I only use default scenery personally.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Assinthewind1 wrote: 17 Sep 2020, 12:33 Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right place... I don't usually get involved with forums but I felt I had to give some positive feedback on the FSX Cub (my first Accusim plane and in fact my first payware plane) - what a great model! After only a few short flights I'm hooked and can't go back to freeware and default FSX aircraft. The Cubs' ground handling and soundset alone make it well worth the money and I'll be buying the Cessna 172 and Piper 180 for sure in the near future. Just one question: have the A2A team ever considered making a model of that old CoF favourite the Curtiss Jenny? It's actually the only default plane I can't bear to give up. With its cantankerous OX-5 engine, singing rigging wires and imperceptible rate of climb it would make a really great seat-of-the-pants Accusim experience. Thanks to all for producing these wonderful models...
The P-40 was set for free because of the pandemic. I do not know if this is the case though now. If it is, it's a no brainer as to which one to get next. :)
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”