A2A wow!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
russellwwest
Airman First Class

A2A wow!

Post by russellwwest »

Hey,
Just a massive shout out to you guys at A2A. Just bought my first A2A product, the Comanche. And all I can say is, wow! It's awesome, I've just done some circuits to get used to it, and I'm already addicted and want to fly more!

Quick question, after I've flown this for a while, would going to the Cherokee feel like a downgrade? I understand it's slower, but I think after the Comanche I want to look for an aircraft that's a bit slower, and I think I prefer pipers over Cessna?

Thanks,
Russ

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: A2A wow!

Post by DHenriques_ »

russellwwest wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 17:06 Hey,
Just a massive shout out to you guys at A2A. Just bought my first A2A product, the Comanche. And all I can say is, wow! It's awesome, I've just done some circuits to get used to it, and I'm already addicted and want to fly more!

Quick question, after I've flown this for a while, would going to the Cherokee feel like a downgrade? I understand it's slower, but I think after the Comanche I want to look for an aircraft that's a bit slower, and I think I prefer pipers over Cessna?

Thanks,
Russ
Trust me on this. I've worked on just about every single engine aircraft we have done here at A2A. When Scott first sent me a screenshot of our 180 Cherokee cockpit he spent 15 minutes on the phone convincing me it wasn't the real airplane. :-)
I still consider our 180 one of the finest planes we have ever done at A2A.
You will NOT be disappointed !
Dudley Henriques

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Thanks Dudley,
I'll have to forgo the Starbucks coffee and lunches out this month, to get my next A2A 😂

This is an addiction!

Cheers,
Russ

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

The Cherokee 180C is one of the few airplanes in which I have real-world time, and A2A got it so right. If I could only have one sim aircraft, their Cherokee is the one.

And welcome to A2A'ers Anonymous!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

ratty wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 19:50
And welcome to A2A'ers Anonymous!
And if joining A2A'ers Anonymous, remember that the Merlin qualifies as a "higher power' ;)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Out of all the aircraft I've flown in FSX/P3D/MSFS, the Cherokee is the one I'd be most likely to own as a real aircraft. It's not the biggest, it's not the fastest, but it is very pleasant to fly and fulfills all my requirements. I really enjoy the Cherokee in P3D.

Of course if money were no object I'd be looking at a Beaver. :D

Hook

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Russell

many thanks for your message with all your positivity and enthusiasm. This spirit is exactly what's needed to combat damn Covid-19!

2 absolute rules: "if it looks good, then it flies good"; "if Dudley says it's good, then it bloomin' well is definitely good!"

I agree with you Russell; for my taste, CESSNAs tend to have a "sit up and beg ...2-D or flatness about the control panel ... you're just there looking at it" whereas PIPERs are, to my eye, "more 3-D, shapely and attractive and draw you in to engage with the machine ..... you're really IN THERE, amongst the controls".

Now your addiction is well established and your gonna forget about COSTA etc for a month or three, I also agree with you that the "smaller/and slower" airplanes (if you call cruise 130 mph slow) have this gift of immersing you in actually doing the work rather than the plane "just flying itself". That's one of the reasons I'm a T-6 Texan/Harvard fan.

A2A is purely brilliant. Just in case this link adds to my viewpoint:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=a2 ... &FORM=VIRE

Rod (EGBB; mid sunny morn, been on the rowing machine and now for coffee, toast 'n lemon curd dripping off sides)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the kind words Russ,

The Cherokee though it isnt the quickest or most glamorous aircraft in the world its certainly got its own cult following and the sim is no different. Jammed with character and its own quirks and what not, its a blast to fly and learn and master.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”