P3Dv.5 Checking for updates

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

P3Dv.5 Checking for updates

Post by DHenriques_ »

With version 5 installed is there a way to check that what you have includes all updating and check if you are missing an update?
DH

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3Dv.5 Checking for updates

Post by Lewis - A2A »

For the A2A Products so long as you installed the v5 versions you are all updated at the point of install so you will be good right now.

For P3D itself, you just gotta keep an eye out for the updates as they come and download and install as required either full or in the parts as normal.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 07:06 For the A2A Products so long as you installed the v5 versions you are all updated at the point of install so you will be good right now.

For P3D itself, you just gotta keep an eye out for the updates as they come and download and install as required either full or in the parts as normal.

cheers,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis.
D

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Dudley

please go to P3D site as linked. So, in this instance, scroll down and you'll see that there is a HOT Fix 2 for V5 to download.

https://www.prepar3d.com/

I guess most of the time you "only need" to install the update for the 'client' and not bother updating the whole thing inc. 'content' and 'scenery'. (Sometimes it might be wise to uninstall 'n reinstall the lot; to have a good 'ol clear-out)

AND just in case it's helpful to you, Dudley I've attached Poppet's guide to updating:

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120861

Rod (EGBB, currently T-6 in Oban, land of the proud Scots)

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

rod321 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 11:29 Hi Dudley

please go to P3D site as linked. So, in this instance, scroll down and you'll see that there is a HOT Fix 2 for V5 to download.

https://www.prepar3d.com/

I guess most of the time you "only need" to install the update for the 'client' and not bother updating the whole thing inc. 'content' and 'scenery'. (Sometimes it might be wise to uninstall 'n reinstall the lot; to have a good 'ol clear-out)

AND just in case it's helpful to you, Dudley I've attached Poppet's guide to updating:

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120861

Rod (EGBB, currently T-6 in Oban, land of the proud Scots)

Thank you much. This guide will be helpful as I take it I must uninstall the client then execute the hot fix.
DH

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 14:08

please go to P3D site as linked. So, in this instance, scroll down and you'll see that there is a HOT Fix 2 for V5 to download......
Thank you much. This guide will be helpful as I take it I must uninstall the client then execute the hot fix.
DH
Hi Dudley,

Also note that if you downloaded your P3Dv5 from the LM site after the date of Hotfix2 (June 23rd), that it is included in the download, per the note below:

"The newly posted Prepar3D v5.0 (5.0.31.35253) Full Download on the Purchased Downloads page includes Hotfix 2 and Hotfix 1."
https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcem ... 06/116953/

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 15:13
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 14:08

please go to P3D site as linked. So, in this instance, scroll down and you'll see that there is a HOT Fix 2 for V5 to download......
DH
Hi Dudley,

Also note that if you downloaded your P3Dv5 from the LM site after the date of Hotfix2 (June 23rd), that it is included in the download, per the note below:

"The newly posted Prepar3D v5.0 (5.0.31.35253) Full Download on the Purchased Downloads page includes Hotfix 2 and Hotfix 1."
https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcem ... 06/116953/

Cheers,
Rob
Yes I noticed that right away scanning the download page. My purchase of .5 was past the date of the #2 hot fix.
I like what I'm seeing in both P3dv.5 and the new MSFS. I have both installed. I did add the Orbx global, vector, and NA Landclass to my P3D installation to upgrade it to a better standard. I have some of our A2A planes installed in Prepared and so far have only "flown" the little 152 Cessna in the Microsoft edition. The graphics in MSFS are amazing ! It could really use our Accusim planes however. That combination would make it a very powerful simulator based on both the enjoyment and technical sides of the equation.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring? LOL
Dudley

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 15:48 Yes I noticed that right away scanning the download page. My purchase of .5 was past the date of the #2 hot fix.
I like what I'm seeing in both P3dv.5 and the new MSFS. I have both installed. I did add the Orbx global, vector, and NA Landclass to my P3D installation to upgrade it to a better standard. I have some of our A2A planes installed in Prepared and so far have only "flown" the little 152 Cessna in the Microsoft edition. The graphics in MSFS are amazing ! It could really use our Accusim planes however. That combination would make it a very powerful simulator based on both the enjoyment and technical sides of the equation.
Dudley
TOMORROW!!! Is that in insider slip of the lip about upcoming news?? Hmmmm??? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...just kidding...I'm a patient guy and have lots to play with right now!

I'm about where you're at with a new computer, v5 and MSFS and loving both of them. I'm loaded with Orbx to help with scenery, but MSFS is just...real! The thing I've noticed most I think is that the "out of the box" weather depiction in MSFS is absolutely stunning and I think, several levels better than anything we've seen from any (additional cost) addons to date. P3dV5 with Truesky is close but still under development, so will no doubt get better and I'm looking forward to that as that's my go-to A2A sim...unless and until my A2A faves show up in MSFS :mrgreen:

In MSFS I can't bring myself to fly the 152...ick...and there's not much else I'm actually interested in, but recently the Pitts for sightseeing and the Citation CJ4 have grown on me a bit. I don't know how real the Pitts is, but it's challenging enough to be interesting and the Citation which other than feeling kind of heavy on the controls, seems to fly like I'd expect a new gen, entry level Citation to fly.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 17:41
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 15:48 Yes I noticed that right away scanning the download page. My purchase of .5 was past the date of the #2 hot fix.
Dudley
TOMORROW!!! Is that in insider slip of the lip about upcoming news?? Hmmmm??? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...just kidding...I'm a patient guy and have lots to play with right now!

I'm about where you're at with a new computer, v5 and MSFS and loving both of them. I'm loaded with Orbx to help with scenery, but MSFS is just...real! The thing I've noticed most I think is that the "out of the box" weather depiction in MSFS is absolutely stunning and I think, several levels better than anything we've seen from any (additional cost) addons to date. P3dV5 with Truesky is close but still under development, so will no doubt get better and I'm looking forward to that as that's my go-to A2A sim...unless and until my A2A faves show up in MSFS :mrgreen:

In MSFS I can't bring myself to fly the 152...ick...and there's not much else I'm actually interested in, but recently the Pitts for sightseeing and the Citation CJ4 have grown on me a bit. I don't know how real the Pitts is, but it's challenging enough to be interesting and the Citation which other than feeling kind of heavy on the controls, seems to fly like I'd expect a new gen, entry level Citation to fly.

Cheers,
Rob
One thing they absolutely need in all these sims is access to a G1000 tutorial geared for the newbie to glass. Most tutorials are not done very well. They are usually done by people with a fair degree of knowledge and as a result concentrate more on what something does as as opposed to explaining how it does it.
Were I doing these tutorials I would present a sample flight showing what has to be programmed and how to do that step by step. The theory behind this type of instruction is that if a student knows how to program one flight and use the unit through that flight the student will also know how to program the unit for ANY flight after that. It's a simple teaching concept I have used to present written material all through my tenure as an instructor/
D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”