Do you have Guts or Balls?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Do you have Guts or Balls?

Post by Ron Attwood »

There is a medical distinction between Guts and Balls. We've heard colleagues referring to people with Guts, or with Balls. Do they, however, know the difference between them?

Here's the official distinction straight from the British Medical Journal: Volume 323; page 295.

GUTS - Is arriving home late, after a night out with the lads, being met by the wife with a broom and having the guts to ask: "Are you still cleaning or are you flying off somewhere?"

BALLS - Is coming home late, after a night out with the lads, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the arse and having the balls to say "You're next, Chubby"

I trust this clears up any confusion.

Medically speaking there is no difference in the out come. Both are fatal.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Do you have Guts or Balls?

Post by patful »

:shock: :D :mrgreen:

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Dear Ron

you should be totally ashamed of yourself; as I am, to reply that I very nearly meet the criteria on both counts ... after a few regretted but not forgotten trials.

Thanks ... an ace-start to my day!

Rod
EGBB (sun's shining, patchy blue sky, apples to pick AND "mums the word" (please don't define this one!)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I've never had that level of Balls or Guts but I have sailed a bit close to the wind a few times. But that was in a galaxy far, far away...(AKA a long time ago)
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”