First A2A product Comanche or Bonanza

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
russellwwest
Airman First Class

First A2A product Comanche or Bonanza

Post by russellwwest »

Hey all.
So excited to finally get my hands on my first A2A accu-sim product! Amazing looking aircraft.

I have a conundrum. I've watched multiple review and flight videos of the Comanche and Bonanza, but cannot decide which to go for. Unfortunately I cannot afford both right now after recently purchasing p3d.

Really looking for a bit of advise on which to go for....even though I know it's pretty subjective!

Cheers
Russell

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: First A2A product Comanche or Bonanza

Post by AviationAtWar »

Bonanza.

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Out of curiosity, why the Bonanza?

Thanks

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It does not matter which you get first , once you get your first A2A aircraft , you will want the rest , its not a case of which do you get , its more of when do you get the rest.
regards alan. 8)

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

I have both, and they're both lots of fun to fly. I think the Bonanza is a bit more fun, being more agile? It also has more modern autopilot, etc, though both can use Flight1 GTN750. I think you'd be happy with either one, really.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I have both and fly both. Buffy's right: the Bonanza is livelier, the Comanche a bit more staid. If I were forced to choose, I'd probably pick the Comanche, just because I like Pipers.

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Thanks all, some interesting thoughts. Think it will be a decide at checkout 🙂

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

If you’re still undecided, the Comanche will be less inclined to try to kill you if you misbehave. My personal preference in the Comanche. It has been my go-to cross country mount for a long time.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

spacejunkee
Staff Sergeant

Post by spacejunkee »

The Comanche is dear to my heart so that's where I 'd go. Such a roomy workhorse and a pleasure to operate and it's modeled after their very own Comanche which I believe they still fly.
PC SPECS: Win 11 PRO | AOC 34" Ultra Wide Curved |
Intel 13700KF CPU | G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 6800 2x16GB 34-45-45-108 |
ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 4070 Ti OC | 2 x Samsung 980 PRO M.2 2TB Gen 4 X4

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Mickel wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 02:28 If you’re still undecided, the Comanche will be less inclined to try to kill you if you misbehave. My personal preference in the Comanche. It has been my go-to cross country mount for a long time.
I'm not a doctor, so I'm safe! \o/

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I had to decide between the Bonanza and the Comanche on the A2A multiplayer flight we just completed. The flight was in Papua New Guinea, and it involved lots of climbing to get over mountains, then descents to get into remote airports, then climbing over more mountains. Which to choose?

> The Bonanza has a 300 hp engine (IO-550), but it's a bit heavier. The Comanche has 250 hp, and maybe it's a bit lighter, so they're pretty close on that score. The Bonanza is a few knots faster in cruise.

> The Bonanza has very responsive, almost fighter-like handling, while the Comanche is more stable. Hmm. The Comanche wins here, for a more comfortable cross-country flight.

> Both airplanes are capable of landing on the strips we had in the flight plan. We were all using ORBX's free airport pack; with none of the hairy jungle strips. Even.

I went with the Comanche and had a great time.

Both aircraft can take the RXP GTN 650 and 750, but the Comanche requires that you do a few extra things to get it working properly. The RXP GTN 750 in my Comanche worked fine on this flight. The autopilot in the Bonanza is a later design, and IMHO it works better on ILS, GPS, and Visual approaches using the GTN. That was not a factor in today's flight, but I can see where it might be useful on a long flight in the USA.

I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. Like Ford or Chevy, of Colt and S&W.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Utter bias post of course, but my personal choice, would be the Comanche.

I just love it, low wing, tip tanks, (so is the Bo) lol :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

While the Bonanza has all the latest AccuSim bells and whistles, the Comanche is still my go to GA plane. There's something very special about this plane and it's been so well captured in this sim. Plus I think I prefer carbureted engines to injected jobs. They're more interesting to fly.

Nothing wrong with the Bonanza though, and as others have suggested, you'll probably finish up with most if not all the A2A fleet.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Some brilliant food for thought, thank you all for offering your thoughts and preferences.

I think I will go for the Comanche.
I'm currently planning a round the world tour where I try to reach as many countries as possible with flights around the 1 hour mark (give or take 30 mins) where possible (obviously some where that's not possible). Each day I've been planning different legs I've been leaning towards the Comanche more and more.

Cheers!

Russell

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

Bonanza!
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”