Topic pollution...overly long threads??

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Topic pollution...overly long threads??

Post by Gypsy Baron »

The post below is strictly my opinion !

Could you please move the topic "Learning to fly the Connie" into the Flight Academy. The daily 'hand holding' there really doesn't belong in the current location, IMO. When I go to check the 'unread topics' several times a day I wing up opening the COTs, L-o49 thread only to find just more hand holding entries in this ongoing thread, already 30 pages in length.

I encourage folks to ask questions or post tips but the type of exchange going on in that thread is way beyond that sort of thing.

It seems to me that the exchanges taking place there fall more under the Flight Academy heading.

viewtopic.php?f=133&t=71309

Paul

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Topic pollution...overly long threads??

Post by TreeTops »

Paul, you do realise that shifting the thread to Flight Academy will still appear in the list of unread posts.
And surely after reading the post a few times you get to understand the flavour of it and can choose to continue reading or not.
I will also add, that the learning is specific to the Connie, so I believe it should stay were it is.
I apologise for the concept of learning, practising A2A aircraft.
Cheers
Trev

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I think we are good with where it is in the relevant aircraft sub-section and not in the tech support area. And if a thread is pages long and at the top, then it means its being posted in, which is all good from a community pov.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yep, we've already split that thread off from its root in the Connie tech support forum Paul, and as it's specific to this add-on, it's already in the right place. I'd also like to repeat what I posted at the time, which is a bit thank you to Trev ('TreeTops') for his generosity in helping Patricio with the Connie simulation. That sort of thing is exactly what the forums are for.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I realize the thread was split and moved but what urks me is that the 'new post' little yellow airplane is on almost forever. That is the indicator I use to open the forum to read the 'new posts' and it is almost always that same 'hand holding' thread which interests me not at all.

I skim the forums several times a day looking for that little yellow aircraft indicator and go to those topics to see if there is anything that interests me or that I can contribute to. The slowness of the 'Mark topics read' message already increases the time it takes to get through the whole forum as it is. I almost always skip the 'Flight Academy' and 'Repainters forum and all the non-Accu-Sim forums so I have pretty much pruned the time I spend looking into other topics that may interest me.

The couple of posts I made in that thread concerning L-049 Cabin Altitude settings was rebuffed as it was deemed not pertinent to the current 'lesson'. At that point I ceased to read that topic but still must 'Mark it read' several times a day!

Paul

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Paul,
I have my A2A forum bookmarked on the 'Unread posts" so everytime I open the forum I can just scan down the list and catch any topic that interests me.
Last edited by TreeTops on 01 Sep 2020, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Trev

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Gypsy Baron wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 20:31 I realize the thread was split and moved but what urks me is that the 'new post' little yellow airplane is on almost forever. That is the indicator I use to open the forum to read the 'new posts' and it is almost always that same 'hand holding' thread which interests me not at all.

I skim the forums several times a day looking for that little yellow aircraft indicator and go to those topics to see if there is anything that interests me or that I can contribute to. The slowness of the 'Mark topics read' message already increases the time it takes to get through the whole forum as it is. I almost always skip the 'Flight Academy' and 'Repainters forum and all the non-Accu-Sim forums so I have pretty much pruned the time I spend looking into other topics that may interest me.

The couple of posts I made in that thread concerning L-049 Cabin Altitude settings was rebuffed as it was deemed not pertinent to the current 'lesson'. At that point I ceased to read that topic but still must 'Mark it read' several times a day!

Paul
Hi Paul',

Don't know if this will work for you but what I have done for years is to bring up "NEW POSTS" and open that. Then I make a shortcut for that and stick that in my favorites in the browser. Then all I need to do is click that and go directly to new postings. Works well for me.
DH

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Thanks Dudley, I may have to give that a try.

Paul

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

When I go to unread post I just don't click on the ones I'm not interested in then mark them read. Poof they are gone until next time. :D
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

It's a tough old world teh interwebs. :roll: The hardships one has to put up with. It's hard to sleep some nights. For instance, I have an epileptic fit whenever I see one of Gypsy Baron's posts
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Ron, your posts always make having to endure the pain of the interweb thingy worth it. I'll even give you five smileys for that one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

patful wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 09:24 Ron, your posts always make having to endure the pain of the interweb thingy worth it. I'll even give you five smileys for that one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Five! You're too kind. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Too bad those fits aren't 'final' !!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's enough of that thank you gents.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”