Can I ask some talented person to make me a sign for P3D v.5

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Can I ask some talented person to make me a sign for P3D v.5

Post by DHenriques_ »

Hi everybody;
I tried asking this question in the repainter's forum with no answers.

I have just set up P3D.5 as my preferred sim on a new Jetline system. I have added Orbx Global, Vector, and LC for North America.
For years I parked our real planes on a specific ramp at KILG (New Castle Airport New Castle Delaware). There is a specific hangar on this ramp that holds very special memories for me. It is the old Delaware Air National Guard Hangar where I spent time as a boy.
Can I possibly ask someone who likes to do things like this to make me a sign (lighted at night) that will go on the side of that hangar?
I have provided a map of KILG that has an arrow pointing directly to the exact building, a screenshot facing the side of the hangar where the sign would go and it's size (It was a large sign :-) and a copy of the exact text for the sign as it once was years ago.
I would greatly appreciate someone taking a look at what I want to do, assess if it can be done and possibly do it for me. I would probably need as well a simple path for entering what was needed to make the sign appear on the top outside wall of the hangar.

Here is a link to view and download the files I made up for you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Many thanks if this can be done.
Dudley Henriques

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Re: Can I ask some talented person to make me a sign for P3D v.5

Post by WB_FlashOver »

That's a great idea Dudley. Back in the days of CFS I could have done it. I built a lot of sceneries back then. Building signs and custom objects was fun and satisfying. However, that was a few moons ago and I don't have the capabilities anymore. I'm sure there is someone here that can get you set. Good luck

Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

WB_FlashOver wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 08:39 That's a great idea Dudley. Back in the days of CFS I could have done it. I built a lot of sceneries back then. Building signs and custom objects was fun and satisfying. However, that was a few moons ago and I don't have the capabilities anymore. I'm sure there is someone here that can get you set. Good luck

Roger
I had this sign in FSX that someone made up for me. It was great fun to taxi in after a cross country from somewhere and park in the exact spot I parked the real plane in real life. Had great fun doing that with some of the old Guard people who came to visit. They couldn't get over the old hangar being there with the sign on it.
D

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Bump
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hi,
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 08:56 I had this sign in FSX that someone made up for me. It was great fun to taxi in after a cross country from somewhere and park in the exact spot I parked the real plane in real life. Had great fun doing that with some of the old Guard people who came to visit. They couldn't get over the old hangar being there with the sign on it.
Do you still have this scenery and texture-file? There is a big change it still works in P3D.

Marcel

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

mgr wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 04:12 Hi,
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 08:56 I had this sign in FSX that someone made up for me. It was great fun to taxi in after a cross country from somewhere and park in the exact spot I parked the real plane in real life. Had great fun doing that with some of the old Guard people who came to visit. They couldn't get over the old hangar being there with the sign on it.
Do you still have this scenery and texture-file? There is a big change it still works in P3D.

Marcel
I have the files but the hangar shape is different in P3D. There are slight changes all through the scenery from FSX.
DH

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

After reading your request, I looked around on the Internet for how to modify buildings, airports, and such in P3D. I found this great program, free for downloading: Airport Design Editor, from Scruffy Duck Software. Here's the link: https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/air ... ign-editor. I checked out some pretty cool videos on Youtube, and downloaded the program and the manual. It's sort of a CAD program for airport construction and modification. You can download an airport off of P3D or FSX. Then you can download a "photoreal" view of the real airport from Google Earth, and overlay the P3D/FSX airport onto the real airport, and tweak the P3D/FSX airport to get the runways, taxiways, navaids, lighting, buildings (including hangars) to exactly match the Google Earth version. Unfortunately, they I couldn't find the module for custom tweaking a hangar. Maybe it's in there, but the manual is over 300 pages long! Sorry Dudley, but that's a beyond my scope at this point.

Seeya
ATB

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Paughco wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 21:04 After reading your request, I looked around on the Internet for how to modify buildings, airports, and such in P3D. I found this great program, free for downloading: Airport Design Editor, from Scruffy Duck Software. Here's the link: https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/air ... ign-editor. I checked out some pretty cool videos on Youtube, and downloaded the program and the manual. It's sort of a CAD program for airport construction and modification. You can download an airport off of P3D or FSX. Then you can download a "photoreal" view of the real airport from Google Earth, and overlay the P3D/FSX airport onto the real airport, and tweak the P3D/FSX airport to get the runways, taxiways, navaids, lighting, buildings (including hangars) to exactly match the Google Earth version. Unfortunately, they I couldn't find the module for custom tweaking a hangar. Maybe it's in there, but the manual is over 300 pages long! Sorry Dudley, but that's a beyond my scope at this point.

Seeya
ATB
Many thanks for researching this. I'm afraid this might be slightly above my pay grade. I think I'll wait a while as I'm testing both P3Dv.5 and the new Microsoft sim. Both look good and I'm getting pretty impressed with what Asobo has done. Really good so far! I'm sure somebody will come along eventually and be able to make up a sign on the existing hangar wall. That would be ok really. I'm not all that fussy ! :-))
D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”