EULA Question: Recompiling A2A aircraft for FS2020?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Re: EULA Question: Recompiling A2A aircraft for FS2020?

Post by Eric. »

To echo everyone else, it's very exciting to hear porting the existing fleet is being explored. They were clearly among the most advanced aircraft available for FSX/P3D, far beyond what anyone would have imagined possible in the early days of FSX. If they're brought forward to MSFS they'll be enjoyed for years and years to come (assuming the lifecycle of MSFS is another long one).

Best of luck with all of this, Scott and Team.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Eric. wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 01:47 To echo everyone else, it's very exciting to hear porting the existing fleet is being explored. They were clearly among the most advanced aircraft available for FSX/P3D, far beyond what anyone would have imagined possible in the early days of FSX. If they're brought forward to MSFS they'll be enjoyed for years and years to come (assuming the lifecycle of MSFS is another long one).

Around the world flight(s!) with A2A aircraft in MSFS 😍

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

MarcE wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 05:06 Around the world flight(s!) with A2A aircraft in MSFS 😍
It's going to be glorious! \o/

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

MarcE wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 05:06
Eric. wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 01:47 To echo everyone else, it's very exciting to hear porting the existing fleet is being explored. They were clearly among the most advanced aircraft available for FSX/P3D, far beyond what anyone would have imagined possible in the early days of FSX. If they're brought forward to MSFS they'll be enjoyed for years and years to come (assuming the lifecycle of MSFS is another long one).

Around the world flight(s!) with A2A aircraft in MSFS 😍
I'm already planning it for the Aerostar! :mrgreen: 8)
ImageImageImage

fabristunt
Airman

Post by fabristunt »

I am really happy that I might be able to fly the Skylane in MSFS2020, but I hope they'll add visual icing effects. Especially after finding out they were initially planned for the P3D release too, it would be sad not to have visual icing effects!
C182 and Comanche

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

fabristunt wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 17:38 I am really happy that I might be able to fly the Skylane in MSFS2020, but I hope they'll add visual icing effects. Especially after finding out they were initially planned for the P3D release too, it would be sad not to have visual icing effects!
Considering icing is now built into the sim, i imagine all a developer needs to do is provide the adequate textures. So i don't think any developer with any amount of self respect would release airplanes without icing effects.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

So.. As Simconnect has apparently been updated and fixed in MSFS I'm totally ready for Accusim ;P

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

MarcE wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 13:23 So.. As Simconnect has apparently been updated and fixed in MSFS I'm totally ready for Accusim ;P
Yes, but it's still a ways away from being ready for Accusim, i think.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

cristi.neagu wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 13:46
MarcE wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 13:23 So.. As Simconnect has apparently been updated and fixed in MSFS I'm totally ready for Accusim ;P
I‘m not sure if Simconnect needs to be developed to be ready for accusim. A2A built Accusim to wirk with the simmconnect they had and I don‘t think it changed so much on the addon-side. It‘s an API, isn‘t it? Nothing overly fancy.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Around the world flights never appealed to me in the old sims, but with the world recreation in FS2020 and the Aerostar coming out.... it may be the time.

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

fabristunt wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 17:38 I am really happy that I might be able to fly the Skylane in MSFS2020, but I hope they'll add visual icing effects. Especially after finding out they were initially planned for the P3D release too, it would be sad not to have visual icing effects!
Not A2A, but Carenado just released their C-182 Turbo, and it looks very nice! Watched a couple of YouTube videos on it - looks like about $35.

I'll still wait for A2A to enter the market.
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

MarcE wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 07:13
I‘m not sure if Simconnect needs to be developed to be ready for accusim. A2A built Accusim to wirk with the simmconnect they had and I don‘t think it changed so much on the addon-side. It‘s an API, isn‘t it? Nothing overly fancy.
I found a SimConnect package for MSFS this morning at Flightsim.com. Look for "msfs2020-go-master". However, I believe MS are working on the SimConnect so it may be best to see what comes of that.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 00:13
MarcE wrote: 03 Sep 2020, 07:13

I found a SimConnect package for MSFS this morning at Flightsim.com. Look for "msfs2020-go-master". However, I believe MS are working on the SimConnect so it may be best to see what comes of that.

Cheers,
Mike
yup.. I have to wait for A2A anyway and I'm sure they will take the necessary steps :D

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

I just can't take my flying seriously in MSFS without my A2A fleet. Really looking forward to this.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 15:45
HarryVoyager wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 09:21 So, it looks like getting an FSX aircraft into FS2020 may be possible, but will involve some conversion with the FS2020 dev kit.

Before I start trying to figure out how to do that, I just want to check, is that permissable under the A2A EULAs, provided that one has the license to use the aircraft in either FSX or P3D?
We're going through what works and what doesn't in terms of our existing fleet with 2020, but it's a process of testing things and compiling a list of results. If it turns out things work 100% then we would likely bring the entire fleet into 2020 rather quickly. There are still things being worked out with 2020 in terms of this compatibility.

In the meantime we don't want people moving planes in for several reasons. One is the files are only licensed for the platform they were designed for. The other is we don't want a 1/2 baked version out there with our name on it.

If the process is simple then we would likely make official installers for a much reduced price. If there are big issues, then we will just have to see what is possible. But again, as of right now we are in the midst of doing these tests to see where things stand.

But clearly, from our POV we would love to fly our Accu-Sim airplanes in 2020. We will keep you updated and thank you also for asking. I would expect to hear something definitive from us very soon.

Scott
Any news on this front? I know it is early on in the release of FS2020 and the SDK still has a ways to go from what I gather, but I would love to have an update on the prospects of converting the A2A fleet and development of the Aerostar. My mind races when I think of someday having my beloved B-17 in FS2020! :D
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”