FS2020 A2A Aircraft

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Re: FS2020 A2A Aircraft

Post by Mantock »

Yea Twsharp12, i saw some bits in the Fyords or Norway so far that look a bit like that.

I'm sure in time they might tweak their algorithm to fix these sorts of things. I would have thought the alpha and beta testers would have flagged these terrain issues up though?

I have heard of course they are planning on post launch updates to the terrain though so.

-Peter
ImageImage

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

I went to BGKK in Greenland and it's amazing. First sim where the place looks logical.
I went to SCFX, SCIP and again was really surprised at the quality of the scenery.
All these small, lost airports were complete trash in P3D FSX and most of the time there were no payware scenery ... a shame if you are trying make trips around the world, avoiding classic routes using big airliners.
MSFS has a long way to go but the concept works, we have the whole world with satellite images and the performance is already much better than P3D and it looks like an actual modern game.
I'm having a hard time with all the complaining, this is day one release and default scenery is on par with payware.
The only thing left to do for Orbx and the other 3rd party devs is to make custom landmarks/buildings for cities and airports.

kopolla
Airman

Post by kopolla »

twsharp12 wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 13:06
I'll be honest, the scenery hasn't been that great in the area's I like to fly with limited Bing coverage. I prefer Orbx and P3D in those cases. Flying in the cities or where coverage is good then of course MSFS2020 is much better. I hope they continue to update their satellite imagery.

Everything looks washed out and low detail in poor imagery areas.
Do you mind telling where that is? I tried some really remote areas and it all looked fine to me (not having been there myself)

gordonb
Airman

Post by gordonb »

Hi,

So is it the case that all of my A2A aircraft I purchased for FSX are now redundant? If so not very happy as I suppose a lot of other people have spend hard earned cash for them to just be now sitting on the hard drive and not being able to install them. Maybe A2A might do something like a £10 fee in the future when they rewrite the install code to be able to install them into FS2020 but to be honest I for one will not be buying them again at full price just because of the new sim. Yes I want to support A2A as they have excellent work but to be charged twice for the same product just because is an upgraded flight sim.... I would be quite happy to be charged £10 per plane upgrade but not £35 per plane. sorry.
Gordon B
Royal Airforce Retired
UK
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, L-049&COTS

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Annnnnnd...here we go!!!!!

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

gordonb wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 05:58Yes I want to support A2A as they have excellent work but to be charged twice for the same product just because is an upgraded flight sim.
I don't mind being charged again.

I had the 172 for FSX but didn't enjoy flying it, so I didn't buy it for P3D. I bought the Cherokee bundle for FSX and P3D and didn't have to pay extra to upgrade from v2 to v4. I gladly bought the Cub again. I never got the chance to buy the Stratocuiser for P3D but would have if it were available.

If all the A2A aircraft became available at once, I wouldn't buy them all at the same time. I'd get them as I got the urge to fly them. It's not about "supporting A2A", it's about having the aircraft I want to fly. If they were worth buying once, they'll be worth buying again.

Yes, I'm on a fixed income. Where's my senior discount? :D

Hook

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

gordonb wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 05:58 Hi,

So is it the case that all of my A2A aircraft I purchased for FSX are now redundant? If so not very happy as I suppose a lot of other people have spend hard earned cash for them to just be now sitting on the hard drive and not being able to install them. Maybe A2A might do something like a £10 fee in the future when they rewrite the install code to be able to install them into FS2020 but to be honest I for one will not be buying them again at full price just because of the new sim. Yes I want to support A2A as they have excellent work but to be charged twice for the same product just because is an upgraded flight sim.... I would be quite happy to be charged £10 per plane upgrade but not £35 per plane. sorry.
The issue appears to be one of perspective and I have a couple of thoughts...

First and foremost; A2A is a business...not just a hobby addon developer...an actual, full blown, successful business that did not get that way by accident. Your FSX airplanes are no more redundant today than when you bought them and I'm assuming they can all still be installed and will work fine in FSX for which they were bought. I'm also assuming they long ago paid for themselves in terms of enjoyment received from them.

It has been mentioned all over this forum place that A2A cannot rewrite anything for the NEW SIM (as in, not an UPGRADE) so any offerings going forward are by necessity completely new, from the ground up, aircraft builds. Again...any new airplanes will NOT be the same product upgraded, they will be new...and thus not free, or close to free.

So don't be sorry, just go and enjoy your A2A fleet in FSX and your new FS2020 sim with or without A2A...whichever, just enjoy and have a nice life.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Rob, very nicely put.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

I agree with Rob, too, except I've uninstalled P3D already. I like to fly VFR and sightsee and P3D, even in places where I have Orbx scenery, just doesn't come close to MSFS, which gives me the whole world. I put my wishlist already (Skylane, Bonanza, Aerostar) so now I'll wait patiently for A2A to make these great planes. :)

Plus, MSFS is still being developed, even though it's released. So, there are other things I'm waiting for, too, like a GTN750 and support for external panels like the Saitek ones. All that takes time to build for a new sim platform, so I'll fly what I have and enjoy them while I wait. :)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Buffy Foster wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 10:15 Plus, MSFS is still being developed, even though it's released. So, there are other things I'm waiting for, too, like a GTN750 and support for external panels like the Saitek ones. All that takes time to build for a new sim platform, so I'll fly what I have and enjoy them while I wait. :)
Hopefully they can get the weird pauses with CPU inexplicably going from 50% to 100% figured out. I can't join their forum for some reason, so I can't submit a bug report, but Googling shows I'm not the only one with the problem. It didn't do this on Day One, only when it updated the next day. :cry: The miracle fixes I've found so far haven't worked. Otherwise I may go back to P3D.

Looks like I could be doomed. The miracle fixes only work for people with hyperthreading, not for those with a 4-core i5. No wonder the Recommended CPUs both had 6 cores. :(
Last edited by patful on 23 Aug 2020, 17:45, edited 2 times in total.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I bought it on a whim. Friday night I felt like flying the Milviz F-100 and got my stick out for the first time in a few months, and I ended up buying and downloading 2020 instead. I've flown a few short flights yesterday and today and I'm quite impressed with it as a whole. With ultra settings it did slow down a bit when I flew around Chicago this morning but still faster than FSX and the scenery is light years ahead of FSX even with Orbx. The sim definitely isn't perfect but look at where we're at now compared to when FSX launched. I'm really looking forward to buying some good payware aircraft.

gordonb
Airman

Post by gordonb »

The issue appears to be one of perspective and I have a couple of thoughts...
First and foremost; A2A is a business...not just a hobby addon developer...an actual, full blown, successful business that did not get that way by accident. Your FSX airplanes are no more redundant today than when you bought them and I'm assuming they can all still be installed and will work fine in FSX for which they were bought. I'm also assuming they long ago paid for themselves in terms of enjoyment received from them.
Yes I agree but why would you install fsx now when you have something far better. You could with the same thought process say you have bought a sports car but can no longer get the parts, but hey, you paid a ?()^ load for it so suck it up you have to buy a new one now.
It has been mentioned all over this forum place that A2A cannot rewrite anything for the NEW SIM (as in, not an UPGRADE) so any offerings going forward are by necessity completely new, from the ground up, aircraft builds. Again...any new airplanes will NOT be the same product upgraded, they will be new...and thus not free, or close to free.
Yes totally agree they run a business and produce fantastic products, the point I’m making is that maybe they would could do something whether they will or not is ok I understand the thought behind it. I have already made the conscious decision not to buy any Orbx products because why would you need to with such fantastic real world land class.

So don't be sorry, just go and enjoy your A2A fleet in FSX and your new FS2020 sim with or without A2A...whichever, just enjoy and have a nice life.

You too buddy but I’m leaving fsx behind...all hail Fs2020
[/quote]
Gordon B
Royal Airforce Retired
UK
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, L-049&COTS

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Sounds like the SDK was released today. We will probably have an answer sooner rather than later on whether or not A2A can be brought over the easy way, or the hard way.

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Buying addons for FSX and expecting them to be updated for FS2020 for 10 euros per plane?
Am i going to ask to Sony to sell new PS5 games at a discount because i already have PS4 games?

I mean really?

Hapless2305
Airman First Class

Post by Hapless2305 »

I prefer A2A's "you better think about this and check it out before flying" version of airplanes. I'm assuming the aircraft in the MSFS 2020 are their (historically) standard:

1. Get in
2. Throw the throttle forward
3. Look! You're flying
4. Don't worry about overheating, pressures, or anything else for that matter. It's all good?

I'm really waiting for the B-17. In the meantime, the Comanche and C182 (with some side jaunts into the civilian Mustang) are making me very happy. Oh! and the Cub for those "I just want to sight see" days.
Lee

Image Image
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”