Will the Aerostar 600 be available for FSX?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Will the Aerostar 600 be available for FSX?

Post by FAC257 »

AKar wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 02:33
TuFun wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 02:20 The F-105's were my favorite to work on!
There is just 'something' in that generation of jets. Too bad I've only seen them in museums.

-Esa
IMO The Century Series jets were the most beautiful combat jets to ever fly. At least the coolest looking. Still had some that romance of flight in their designs. While we were stationed at Patrick AFB, we were lucky enough to see the Thunderbirds do one of their rare routines in the 105's.
FAC257

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

FAC257 wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 04:04
TuFun wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 02:20 The F-105's were my favorite to work on!
There is just 'something' in that generation of jets. Too bad I've only seen them in museums.

-Esa
IMO The Century Series jets were the most beautiful combat jets to ever fly. At least the coolest looking. Still had some that romance of flight in their designs. While we were stationed at Patrick AFB, we were lucky enough to see the Thunderbirds do one of their rare routines in the 105's.
There is something properly 'experimental' in the airplanes of the era. :)

-Esa

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

AKar wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 09:31
FAC257 wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 04:04

-Esa
There is something properly 'experimental' in the airplanes of the era. :)

-Esa
It was a great era for aviation.
Dudley Henriques
Last edited by DHenriques_ on 16 Aug 2021, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

av8erjm
Airman First Class

Post by av8erjm »

Though I understand A2A's position, I sadly have bought my last A2A product, it's not the cost of upgrading to Prepar3d v4 or v5 or going to the MSFS 2020. It's the cost of a complete upgrade, motherboard, graphics card etc I have to look at being 73 and how many years would I continue, for me it plainly doesn't pencil out. But I do want to thank A2A for all the aircraft of theirs that will work in FSX. Party On

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

av8erjm wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 18:30 Though I understand A2A's position, I sadly have bought my last A2A product, it's not the cost of upgrading to Prepar3d v4 or v5 or going to the MSFS 2020. It's the cost of a complete upgrade, motherboard, graphics card etc I have to look at being 73 and how many years would I continue, for me it plainly doesn't pencil out. But I do want to thank A2A for all the aircraft of theirs that will work in FSX. Party On
Yeah, let's all be thankful for what we have, as FSX had a nice library from A2A to play with still, regardless of if it receives new products or not.

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

I too want to thank A2A for the wonderful GA planes I've enjoyed (and enjoy) flying in FSX but I too have to drop out from purchasing any more A2A. I invested heavily in FSX in 2013 knowing it was mature with massive support, and used it as the basis for a complete home cockpit build (piper aztec and cherokee mainly), relying somewhat on FSUIPC to tie the many controllers, screens and panels together... and the investment in software runs into the thousands of pounds! Starting again with P3D or FS2020 is not an option, I don't think I could muster that feverish enthusiasm that took hold of me for three years while I built and perfected it! My harddrive is maxed out, the processor just about ticking over with the sim. I fly almost every day and love what I have with a great and undying passion. Good Luck A2A!

:D :D :) :D

Jenya77
Airman

Post by Jenya77 »

Dear moderators and all the pilots who spoke in this thread! The topic can be closed. I switched to Prepar3D. Now I'm looking forward to the Aerostar. Now I enjoy flying the B-17, the implementation of which in flight simulators is the benchmark. Sorry for my English.
Last edited by Jenya77 on 19 Aug 2021, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

My FSX computer was 10 years old so about three months ago I built a new machine for P3D and potentially MSFS. I would not go so far as to say I built a home cockpit but I have a lot of Satek hardware. The transition to P3D was easy, and HF1 made it really shine. I ported over a lot of files from FSX and added FSUIPC for P3D. I also bought Rex Sky Force for P3D. All my Orbx scenery ported over at no addition cost, although I have bought even more. My M2 drive is up to 1.2 TB. The only FSX hardware that I have not been able to use is the two units I have from Go Flight. From what I can tell they have not updated their drivers to P3D5.2. The thing I like about P3D is that its like FSX on steroids with no memory problems. .
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”