Will the Aerostar 600 be available for FSX?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Jenya77
Airman

Will the Aerostar 600 be available for FSX?

Post by Jenya77 »

Good day! We kindly ask you to make the Aerostar 600 be available for FSX.
Sorry for my English.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: Will the Aerostar 600 be available for FSX?

Post by AviationAtWar »

I don't think we're going to get updates for outstanding issues with existing FSX planes let alone new aircraft, I'm afraid.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Developing for FSX has become increasingly more difficult with Prepar3D adding more powerful features so the Aerostar is being made for the next version of Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepar3D v4 and v5. We expect FSX however to remain an accessible and powerful platform for the foreseeable future. FSX is truly a marvel even today.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jenya77
Airman

Post by Jenya77 »

Gentlemen means aerostar for FSX you can not wait?
Sorry for my English.

robk182
Airman Basic

Post by robk182 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 08:41 Developing for FSX has become increasingly more difficult with Prepar3D adding more powerful features so the Aerostar is being made for the next version of Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepar3D v4 and v5. We expect FSX however to remain an accessible and powerful platform for the foreseeable future. FSX is truly a marvel even today.

Scott.
Hi Scott, its true, FSX still its a oldie marvel, and still have a lot of users that for some reasons cant move forwar to another sim plataform, include me, so,
it is a lot to ask that you include the aerostar even if it is the last a2a plane for the FSX platform, we could say that it was the first and last twin-engine of A2A for this faithful platform!

Redgars
Robert Bernard Kislinger
Cap. Robert Bernard

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

robk182 wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 14:36 ... we could say that it was the first and last twin-engine of A2A for this faithful platform!

Redgars
Robert Bernard Kislinger
To quote the movie Titanic "Go out with a bang eh E.J!?"
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I was against switching from fsx to p3d for the longest time just like upgrading to an iphone. In fact I only switched when p3d v4 came out. However now that I did switch over to p3d I don’t think I could go back to fsx. Just like I can’t go back to a flip phone.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

I am forced to stay with FSX because I only fly the B-377.

I simply dont think there is a better aircraft than this A2A version, not perfect, but darn close.

I am very loyal to FSX, and the A2A, B-377, old school values I guess.

I get as much as humanly possible out of FSX/377, it still puts a smile on my face everyday.

I"m convinced I will be long dead before this great airplane is ever again addressed by A2A.

Ive read every excuse, usually the same one regurgitated every three months for years now when the question comes up.

Not bitter just super disapointed.

Loyalty is earned.

Oh well, it is what it is.
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We feel the same way with loyalty towards FSX and those who wish to stay on that platform. It's not 100% we won't be making for FSX as something big would have to change in expectations for that to happen. It's a completely different art pipeline and there are back end features we are now using in P3D for Accu-Sim v4 that aren't available in FSX. These two differences makes it costly to develop the Aerostar for FSX simultaneously. We will know 100% after the next MS flight simulator is released and we have more time developing with it and Accu-Sim v4.

But this is why we say now the Aerostar won't be available for FSX because, like I said, unless something major changes it's not realistic.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jenya77
Airman

Post by Jenya77 »

Scott, you can release aerostar for fsx for double the price. We are ready for this. And most of the FSX users will support me.

Jenya77
Airman

Post by Jenya77 »

Huge request to make the last plane for FSX! Pray!

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Jenya77 wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 08:14 Scott, you can release aerostar for fsx for double the price. We are ready for this. And most of the FSX users will support me.

You literally could get p3d and buy the aerostar for normal price for that though lmao
AKA "Memey"

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Well, I had to buy Win10 Pro, and a couple of SSDs to my ancient rig to get from P3Dv4 to v5. It was probably the most expensive version upgrade I've ever done. :mrgreen: Still cheaper than getting the entirely new computer I'm wishing for, but can't afford in these uncertain times where I could be out of job at any moment.

Anyways, time goes forward, and I had to give up my Win7. I think it is a case rather like FSX: for me, the 7 was very good and I liked it better than Win10 in some aspects, and never intended to get the new OS until I would buy a new computer. But now having done that, there are no regrets. I'd think it is very likely one feels the same way after changing to P3D. And of course, I hope this will be the case with FS2020 as well.

-Esa

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

How come you had to upgrade so much ? without truesky they are pretty much the same from what I've experienced.
AKA "Memey"

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

It kind of escalated. P3Dv5 and upcoming FS2020 pretty much require Win10 (v5 due to DX11 and FS2020 due to MS). With such an ancient system, I could not fit the Win10 to my original operating system drive configuration. And the second SSD I bought was decided after it turned out that I needed to pretty much re-do the file system I care for anyway, and with today's SSD prices it made little sense to keep my almost eight years old original mechanical HDD.

Sometimes when you're behind enough, you have to sprint for a second. But hey, at least I kept my original build i5 2500K (yes, really!), the mobo, the memories and whatnot! And it runs the v5 perfectly acceptable!

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”