Question about A2A's USAF T-6 Texan II project

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Hobart Escin

Question about A2A's USAF T-6 Texan II project

Post by Hobart Escin »

Hello A2A guys,

I know ya'll are under strict NDA for various reasons in regard to A2A's US Military contract, but at one time Scott intimated that A2A would possibly port the T-6 Texan II project into the consumer version of P3D and make it available to regular customers. I am just wondering if this is still in the long term plan (if you are able to discuss it publicly). Thank you.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Question about A2A's USAF T-6 Texan II project

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hobart Escin wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 17:50 Hello A2A guys,I know ya'll are under strict NDA for various reasons in regard to A2A's US Military contract, but at one time Scott intimated that A2A would possibly port the T-6 Texan II project into the consumer version of P3D and make it available to regular customers. I am just wondering if this is still in the long term plan (if you are able to discuss it publicly). Thank you.
Yes it is in our long term plan but we are still improving both the T-6A and T-6B versions. But it's hard to think timelines until the Aerostar is released.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Well that indeed IS great news. When you asked us about that I thought a release was imminent as it sounded like the addon was ready except the typical accusim manuals etc but I had lost hope as nothing happened. Great to hear that we will eventually get it too :)

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

I wonder if this will be ahead or behind the V5 rebuild of the P47, B17 and B377?
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Ian, it's a game of oneupmanship. If Microsoft can surprise the sim community with the arrival of a brand new flight sim, then A2A will be going for the simultaneous release of 4 new accusimed planes. It's the high speed world we live in these days.
Cheers
Trev

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Scott - A2A wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 19:04
Hobart Escin wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 17:50 Hello A2A guys,I know ya'll are under strict NDA for various reasons in regard to A2A's US Military contract, but at one time Scott intimated that A2A would possibly port the T-6 Texan II project into the consumer version of P3D and make it available to regular customers. I am just wondering if this is still in the long term plan (if you are able to discuss it publicly). Thank you.
Yes it is in our long term plan but we are still improving both the T-6A and T-6B versions. But it's hard to think timelines until the Aerostar is released.

Scott
Nice to see you doing all this long term planning in a high G environment Scott. :wink:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”