Yet another topic about MSFS2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
BPL
Staff Sergeant

Re: Yet another topic about MSFS2020

Post by BPL »

Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 17:21
jclay13 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 15:04 A2A, can you provide any information regarding A2A product support in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator releasing in less than a month on August 18th?
Jon, we can't port any airplanes to FS2020 or any flight sim for that matter. Every airplane we make from this point on, whether it's for FS2020 or P3D is being developed with completely different tools. The end result that the user sees will not be all that different, but from our point of view (developer) it's completely different.

We are currently developing the Aerostar 600 for FS2020 and P3Dv5. We have no timelines because core elements are still being worked out. But the aircraft that follows the Aerostar 600 should be quicker as it will be the second one made with these new tools, but if that aircraft is a Comanche 250 (which we already have made) or another brand new one, it will literally take exactly the same amount of time. As nothing is carried forward.

So don't expect quantity from us, but do expect quality. It's conceivable we will never make an aircraft for FS2020 that we've already made for Prepar3D and instead see two airplanes per year moving forward, all brand new.

Scott
Great news! Glad to hear that A2A is developing for the new sim! Thank you for sharing that info with us, Scott; it sounds interesting and exciting. I look forward to seeing what y’all have in store for us in the future. :D

bundi
Airman First Class

Post by bundi »

Thank you Scott. That sort of ''official'' statement I was looking for. We all ''knew'' that a2a will be developing planes for new sim, but until you don't see cnofirmation from a2a team it can't be 100% sure...

I'll miss my Skylane in new sim :( . But I'm sure, that replacements will comfort my sorrow... :D
Looking forward for those two birds per year....

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Wow, just imagine the Aerostar in MSFS2020....*drool*
Cheers!/Andreas

Jeeno
Airman

Post by Jeeno »

Great news here :D :D

Rimshot
Senior Airman

Post by Rimshot »

Thanks for the info Scott. Looking forward to the MSFS Aerostar!
Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

I hope A2A continues to develop for P3D in the future, because the thought of investing yet again in an all new sim is depressing.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

With any luck you'll need a lot fewer add-ons. :)

Hook

FSX-Lumpi
Airman Basic

Post by FSX-Lumpi »

jclay13 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 15:04 A2A, can you provide any information regarding A2A product support in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator releasing in less than a month on August 18th?
Jon, we can't port any airplanes to FS2020 or any flight sim for that matter. Every airplane we make from this point on, whether it's for FS2020 or P3D is being developed with completely different tools. The end result that the user sees will not be all that different, but from our point of view (developer) it's completely different.

We are currently developing the Aerostar 600 for FS2020 and P3Dv5. We have no timelines because core elements are still being worked out. But the aircraft that follows the Aerostar 600 should be quicker as it will be the second one made with these new tools, but if that aircraft is a Comanche 250 (which we already have made) or another brand new one, it will literally take exactly the same amount of time. As nothing is carried forward.

So don't expect quantity from us, but do expect quality. It's conceivable we will never make an aircraft for FS2020 that we've already made for Prepar3D and instead see two airplanes per year moving forward, all brand new.

Scott
Great to hear that you will develop aircraft for the new sim! :D (Even though i was hoping to fly the A2A Constellation in FS2020 sometime in the future :( )

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Hook wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 09:29 With any luck you'll need a lot fewer add-ons. :)

Hook
Do you know if MSFS default will have persistent aircraft and things like clogged spark plugs, flap failures, brake wear, etc...?

BobsterT6
Airman Basic

Post by BobsterT6 »

I notice Scott informed us that the team are developing the Aerostar 600 for MSFS2020 and p3Dv5 .....can we assume that it will also be released for p3Dv4 also? He didn’t actually say that ....or am I just stupid and missed something?

Bobster

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

twsharp12 wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 11:11Do you know if MSFS default will have persistent aircraft and things like clogged spark plugs, flap failures, brake wear, etc...?
Given the target mass market I am going to guess that the default aircraft won't be any more complex than in previous sims. There's no way to know for sure at this time, and the sim isn't finished yet, but I wouldn't be expecting A2A quality. Honestly, no one knows for sure what the release aircraft will be like.

Hook

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott
Very glad to hear you'll be developing for MSFS/FS2020, and I hope you'll also bring the older planes into that sim as well, especially the Spitfire, both Piper singles, and the Bonanza. Also very glad to hear you're likely to be releasing two new planes each year, just like it used to be around the time of the 172 and Cherokee. I think that interval is just right, as it gives us all plenty of time to properly explore the new plane before the next one come out. No one else has that A2A quality, for my money.

However, not so happy that there's no mention of a P3DV4 version of the upcoming Aerostar. Almost certainly, I won't go to P3DV5. $300 here in Aus for the professional version. MSFS will be cheaper and looks like it will be a more advanced sim. I'm on V4.5 of P3D which is heaps better than FSX, but still has a few FSX type momentary freezes on my 1 year old PC which is towards the top end of present machinery.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Hm.

Two aircraft per year from A2A, an expected 10 year life span of MSFS. A2A likely making one aircraft per year for P3D, one for MSFS.

I have one wish, that P3Dv6 has streaming scenery. :D

Hook

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I’m putting together a short and clear statement expanding a bit of what’s been said here. P3Dv5 was mentioned because it will probably be more popular by the time we are ready to release. I have to get with our art leads to discuss the added work to make for both P3Dv4 and v5 as our physics engine plugs into v4 and v5 simultaneously.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 14:58 I’m putting together a short and clear statement expanding a bit of what’s been said here. P3Dv5 was mentioned because it will probably be more popular by the time we are ready to release. I have to get with our art leads to discuss the added work to make for both P3Dv4 and v5 as our physics engine plugs into v4 and v5 simultaneously.

Scott
Thanks for clearing that one up, for the sake of us luddites and cheapskates (I'm both :P ) who haven't got P3DV5. Good to see there's hope for us on V4.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”