Yet another topic about MSFS2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bundi
Airman First Class

Yet another topic about MSFS2020

Post by bundi »

Hello guys, I can't find official info from a2a, about MSFS2020. In video bellow, guy is discussing that a2a has anounced, that it will be developing stuff for new sim.. What is the case...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbRETBd ... dex=6&t=0s

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Re: Yet another topic about MSFS2020

Post by Mantock »

Hi there,

That's my youtube video.

If you listen to what I say, I actually haven't stated that A2A is developing anything for the new sim. I just stated that in my opinion, I think it's very likely. If you want any 100% accurate news on this subject, then we will all have to wait until A2A Simulations speak on this topic themselves. But just so you all know, I in no way have any inside information on this. My comments in that video are entirely my own.

-Peter
ImageImage

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

A2A, can you provide any information regarding A2A product support in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator releasing in less than a month on August 18th?

I'm currently on FSX Steam and A2A aircraft are a must have for my simulator experience and I'm trying to decide if I should invest in Prepar3d or the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. I was ready to purchase Prepar3d and invest in A2A aircraft for it until the announcement that the Microsoft sim was being released sonner than expected on August 18th.

If A2A has plans to develop aircraft for the new Microsoft sim I'd rather go that route and not Prepar3d. Timing is a consideration too. If it's going to be months or longer I'd consider moving to Prepar3d in the interim and only purchase a few of my A2A favorites.

Jon

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

If your intent is to fly A2A aircraft, you may be better off buying P3D now.

You could always buy both P3D and MSFS. :) At some point you could retire P3D but you will have gotten some use out of it.

Edit to add: You've been around A2A long enough to know how long it takes A2A to create a new aircraft, or even to upgrade one to a new version of the sim. It does not appear that A2A will have an aircraft ready for MSFS on release, based on Scott's comments.

Hook

bundi
Airman First Class

Post by bundi »

>If your intent is to fly A2A aircraft, you may be better off buying P3D now...
But you must consider, that he would have to buy those planes again - perhaps there will be some discount if you own version for p3d or fsx, but we should not expect much...
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying thats not ok, but a few hundred bucks is not small amount of money....

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

bundi wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 15:29But you must consider, that he would have to buy those planes again - perhaps there will be some discount if you own version for p3d or fsx, but we should not expect much...
The difference is, he'll be flying all those aircraft in P3D until they're available for MSFS, which might take quite a while. Or he could just stick with FSX.

I have no problems repurchasing A2A aircraft, even if I've only had them for a few months. The A2A experience is well worth it.

Hook

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Hook wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 15:37
I have no problems repurchasing A2A aircraft, even if I've only had them for a few months. The A2A experience is well worth it.

Hook
Ditto & Bingo... :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Throwing some mud into the game....What makes you (anyone) think that the current FSX birds won't fly in MSFS2020? Remembering back to the switch between FS9 and FSX and even further back, we were for the most part, able to convert the then 'purchased' birds into the new sim. As an A2A flyer, the only real aircraft change that I have seen in MSFS2020 so far is the PBR textures and rain on the windshield. Considering the time and involvement in the development of an aircraft, wouldn't it be rather stupid for M$ to force everyone to abandon their current hangar of birds? If I were M$, I would want the current sim users to move to the new product without a huge expense.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Hook wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 15:11
Edit to add: You've been around A2A long enough to know how long it takes A2A to create a new aircraft, or even to upgrade one to a new version of the sim. It does not appear that A2A will have an aircraft ready for MSFS on release, based on Scott's comments.

Hook
Very true, it does take time for A2A to develop their aircraft which is appreciated. I missed Scott's comments about having aircraft available on release of the new sim. Can you point me to that?

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

jclay13 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 16:13Very true, it does take time for A2A to develop their aircraft which is appreciated. I missed Scott's comments about having aircraft available on release of the new sim. Can you point me to that?
My comments were based on this post by Scott:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70862&start=30#p540456

Hook

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Hook wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 16:38
jclay13 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 16:13Very true, it does take time for A2A to develop their aircraft which is appreciated. I missed Scott's comments about having aircraft available on release of the new sim. Can you point me to that?
My comments were based on this post by Scott:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70862&start=30#p540456

Hook
Thank you, that was very helpful. I missed that one. It provides the answer I was looking for. The new sim will be something fun and new but to fly our beloved A2A it sounds like I'll either have to stick with FSX or try out P3D at least for the foreseeable future which is fine because I finally have a PC that can handle P3D but have not purchased it yet and would like to give it a try.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Al FR-153 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 15:59 ....What makes you (anyone) think that the current FSX birds won't fly in MSFS2020?
No, they won't. My guess ist that a simple port-over like from FSX to P3D is not to be expected. The differences seem to be remarkable.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

jclay13 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 15:04 A2A, can you provide any information regarding A2A product support in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator releasing in less than a month on August 18th?
Jon, we can't port any airplanes to FS2020 or any flight sim for that matter. Every airplane we make from this point on, whether it's for FS2020 or P3D is being developed with completely different tools. The end result that the user sees will not be all that different, but from our point of view (developer) it's completely different.

We are currently developing the Aerostar 600 for FS2020 and P3Dv5. We have no timelines because core elements are still being worked out. But the aircraft that follows the Aerostar 600 should be quicker as it will be the second one made with these new tools, but if that aircraft is a Comanche 250 (which we already have made) or another brand new one, it will literally take exactly the same amount of time. As nothing is carried forward.

So don't expect quantity from us, but do expect quality. It's conceivable we will never make an aircraft for FS2020 that we've already made for Prepar3D and instead see two airplanes per year moving forward, all brand new.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 17:21
jclay13 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 15:04 A2A, can you provide any information regarding A2A product support in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator releasing in less than a month on August 18th?
Jon, we can't port any airplanes to FS2020 or any flight sim for that matter. Every airplane we make from this point on, whether it's for FS2020 or P3D is being developed with completely different tools. The end result that the user sees will not be all that different, but from our point of view (developer) it's completely different.

We are currently developing the Aerostar 600 for FS2020 and P3Dv5. We have no timelines because core elements are still being worked out. But the aircraft that follows the Aerostar 600 should be quicker as it will be the second one made with these new tools, but if that aircraft is a Comanche 250 (which we already have made) or another brand new one, it will literally take exactly the same amount of time. As nothing is carried forward.

So don't expect quantity from us, but do expect quality. It's conceivable we will never make an aircraft for FS2020 that we've already made for Prepar3D and instead see two airplanes per year moving forward, all brand new.

Scott
Thank you Scott! That information is very helpful because it helps me know that making an investment in Prepar3D and A2A aircraft for Prepar3D is still a sound decision even with the new FS2020 being released. An investment in Prepar3D will allow me to continue to enjoy the beloved A2A fleet already released so I can transition off FSX which has been my goal. As new releases come out from you I can then make a decision on which platform, Prepar3D or MS2020 (or both :D ) I will run them on.

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

Thank you to everyone including Scott who replied to my question to help me make a decision. I've been on the fence for months since I purchased a new PC and have been agonizing over which direction to go. With P3D v5 out now and the new FS2020 coming out soon I've waited and waited to see which fork in the road I would take. I thought I was heading left or right but after your feedback I'm going with P3D v5 so I can enjoy what's been developed by A2A to date but also go with FS2020 as it looks spectacular from everything I've seen and will enjoy the new A2A releases on it someday when they come out.

Jon

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”