V5 & Reality GTN 750 problems.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

V5 & Reality GTN 750 problems.

Post by B-17 Flier »

Hello, today I installed the 182, Comanche, Cherokee, and Bonanza.

I wish the Comanche, 182, and Cherokee had a setting in the Configurator like the Bonanza does where I can select the Reality XP 750.

With the 182, Cherokee, and Comanche I select Flight1 750.
Then run the sim, V5, the latest version, fresh install yesterday.
I now have no GTN in the cockpits, it's inop, black screen with the planes running.
So I go to the Add-On menu and tell it I want to have it Auto Detect and it runs, reloads the plane, and I get the GTN but there's a problem.
The GTN will only show when it pops up. It doesn't show in the VC mode like it does in 4.5.
I'm sure I have seen this before but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to work.
Thanks for any help.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: V5 & Reality GTN 750 problems.

Post by MarcE »

it is actually compatible with v5?

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

MarcE wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 10:24 it is actually compatible with v5?
Is what compatible? The A2A planes have v5 installers as well as the GTN.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Read this series of posts: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=69395. I purchased the RXP GTN 650 and 750 on December 24th, 2019. Installation in the Bonanza was easy. Installation in the other A2A aircraft, including the Comanche, Cessna 182, Connie, Civ P-51, and T-6 required a bit more work.

1. Read the Reality XP GTN User's Manual.pdf. This manual isn't totally newb friendly, but eventually it starts to make sense. Carefully read the "Getting Started" section on pages 4 and 5, as they deal with which options to select as you get the RXP software to convert from Flight1 to RXP. Read this post viewtopic.php?f=108&t=69236#p526621 to see which boxes to tick as you do the Fight1-to-RXP conversion.

2. Download the file described at https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5219 ... nt-3939212 and install it in the panels.cfg folder for each airplane in which you want to use the RXP GTN. Also, read all the way down through the discussions. At the end I posted a description for how to tweak a file to get the mouse wheel to work in what I believe to be the "correct" way when changing radio frequencies with the knobs.

3. I still had problems with the mouse being able to click the buttons, but seemed to solve it by copying RealityXP.GTN.ini from C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Beechcraft_35_Bonanza, and pasting it in the appropriate folder for each airplane in which I wanted to use the RXP GTN.

Granted, this is a somewhat fussy project, with many possible bleep-ups along the way. But if I can do it, anybody can do it. I now find it very satisfying when I navigate and especially when that GTN captures the glideslope and we start down towards the runway.

Oh yeah - Check out the procedure on page 9 of the manual for saving flight plans. You can create a flight plan in Little Nav Map (LNV), then save it using File, Export to Garmin, Save in Garmin GXP format. Then you can import it into your GTN. Very cool.

Seeya
ATB

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Thanks but does this help with V5 not following autopilot on three of A2A’s planes while the same GTN version works and controls all 4 in 4.5?

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Get the latest updates from RXP. I've got everything working in P3D v5 HF2. Also, make sure that the CFI is set to GPS, not VLOC.

Gotta go. I'm flying my Connie from Greenland to Canada. Nav by RXP GTN 650.

Seeya
ATB

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Paughco wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 12:45 Get the latest updates from RXP. I've got everything working in P3D v5 HF2. Also, make sure that the CFI is set to GPS, not VLOC.

Gotta go. I'm flying my Connie from Greenland to Canada. Nav by RXP GTN 650.

Seeya
ATB
Thanks. Yes, updated, and set to GPS..

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”