p3d v5 hf2 - A2A not showing

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
aceridgey
Airman

p3d v5 hf2 - A2A not showing

Post by aceridgey »

- Hi all,

Is there a specific process to get the A2A showing in p3d v5 after a reinstall of p3d?

Do we have to reinstall the A2A products as well when we do a full reinstall of A2A, even if they're located outside the root folder?

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: p3d v5 hf2 - A2A not showing

Post by lonewulf47 »

All A2A products for P3DV4 & V5 are installed outside the root folder of P3D. They are registered to P3D by the so called Add-on Package system. See here: http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/add-o ... kages.html By re-installig P3D the package entry into the add-on.cfg is no longer present. Therefore P3D cannot find the installed A2A Products. IMHO it should be sufficient to install ONE A2A aircraft inorder to create the entry in add-on.cfg as this is a general enty for all A2A aircraft.

The entry in the add-on.cfg is of the following form:

[Package.XX]
PATH=<main installation path of the A2A A/C>, in my install it looks like this: D:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A
TITLE=A2A P3D Add-Ons
ACTIVE=True
REQUIRED=False
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just to expand a little on Oskar's reply, if you install your A2A add-ons to the default "Documents/Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" folder, they'll be automatically detected, even if you do a completely clean uninstall and reinstall of P3D. One of the main advantages of the sim's logic whereby add-ons are installed outside of the main P3D directory is that it's not necessary to reinstall your add-ons when you reinstall P3D itself.

However, it sounds like you may have installed your add-ons to a different drive or directory and done a completely clean reinstall of the sim too (i.e. deleted the files generated by the sim). In this case, when you first launch P3D it won't automatically detect your A2A Add-ons. If so, reinstalling just one of them should do the trick, as Oskar says, or alternatively you could manually add the entry he mentions to the add-ons.cfg file in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

aceridgey
Airman

Post by aceridgey »

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go.

I don;t install in the default directory as that is the C drive. I have a separate drive for P3D so i'll reinstall one product.

Cheers,
Alex

Eric Bakker
Airman First Class

Post by Eric Bakker »

I had the same issue, and reinstalling one A2A aircraft indeed solved it.
My add-ons are installed on another drive, not in MyDocuments.

Thanks guys.
Bonanza - T6 Texan - Constellation - PA-24 Comanche - PA-28 Cherokee - C182 Skylane - C172 Trainer - Spitfire - Accu-Feel
| [email protected] | RTX2080ti-11Gb | Win10

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”