P3D v5 Hotfix 2

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

P3D v5 Hotfix 2

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Hotfix 2 is out for P3D v5. They fixed a few things, one of which was kinda bothersome on my setup (seems like everybody has a problem or one sort or another, but they're different for all of us). My problem was when I'd start out with the default Maule at an ORBX airport, I'd be treated to the bushes on the side of the runway flashing into boxes then flashing back. Sort of like "The Upside Down" trying to get into my flight sim. Now that is GONE!

Another thing, and this would apply to most of us: I was positioning my Connie at Frankfort (EDDF), in preparation for next Sunday's MP flight. This is a multistep process. First get P3D going with the default scenario (Maule at W16), then load the MP flight scenario (Connie at EDDF). Finally I had to change the time, because it was completely dark. That's when I got the blue spiral of zeroness. I checked the P3D shortcut on my desktop and it was no longer set to start the program in administrator mode. I fixed that and now it works. No blue spiral.

Also, there's a new beta for Active Sky P3D. I fixed the desktop shortcut so it will launch in administrator mode also.

OK - think I'll go fly the Spitfire now.

Seeya
ATB

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Re: P3D v5 Hotfix 2

Post by twsharp12 »

I had my first crash with v5 since release with the new update. Was flying from Madagascar Aéroport de Tulear over to Saint-Denis in the Majestic Q400. Was about a 2.5 hour flight and it crash an hour in, right as I got over water. The system said my GPU stopped responding, or something similar.

The only thing I updated was the client. Maybe it will be worth starting fresh if these issues continue to happen.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: P3D v5 Hotfix 2

Post by lonewulf47 »

No crashes at all here, but significantly better framerates. As stated above: everyone has his own experience as everyone has his own setup. I bet there are zillions of install variants among zillions of users. You'll never find one common way... :D
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”