Aerostar Checkout - success

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Re: Aerostar Checkout - success

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

jcblom wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 00:16 If A2A were to give us an updated P-47 and B-17, I'd be happy to give my support. But I won't be buying an aerostar I fear
I feel the same way.
AKA "Memey"

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Different strokes for different folks. I'm a confirmed warbird guy with no interest in the Jug (if it was a D model I'd consider it...;)) or Bomber Command and I'll be buying the Aerostar as soon as it's available :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 10:34 Different strokes for different folks. I'm a confirmed warbird guy with no interest in the Jug (if it was a D model I'd consider it...;)) or Bomber Command and I'll be buying the Aerostar as soon as it's available :mrgreen:
Actually, the A2A Jug IS a D model, but I guess you're referring to the D-25 and later, with the bubble canopy? Now there's an idea!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

RonnieDuck
Airman First Class

Post by RonnieDuck »

New accusing code for new twin engines....finally a C-46???

Waiting to spend my money on warbirds,... P47 B17 updates for P3D

Or B24 or C46 for P3D....

Regards Ronald

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

jcblom wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 09:32
MkIV Hvd wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 10:34 Different strokes for different folks. I'm a confirmed warbird guy with no interest in the Jug (if it was a D model I'd consider it...;)) or Bomber Command and I'll be buying the Aerostar as soon as it's available :mrgreen:
Actually, the A2A Jug IS a D model, but I guess you're referring to the D-25 and later, with the bubble canopy? Now there's an idea!
Sorry! :oops: ...not Jug-literate...but yep, the bubble canopy version!
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

jcblom wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 00:16
Hobart Escin wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 09:29 We need to set up a crowdfunding to get Scott a new headliner for the Comanche. :D :a2a:
If A2A were to give us an updated P-47 and B-17, I'd be happy to give my support. But I won't be buying an aerostar I fear
The Aerostar is being built with a more open system that will allow us to create not just piston twins but jets, turboprops, etc. with much better efficiency. It's modular. But we have to start with something we know well, which is the Aerostar. The Aerostar is the airplane I have complete access too and can flight test any day, every day, as much as necessary to get things exactly as they should be. And the Aerostar is designed and build by the same people that built WWII warbirds.

One thing I just am not happy with is the fact we have never been able to produce more than two airplanes per year. Our hope and dream is the next system blows this opened I do plan on getting more Mustang time and using this to build more and more airplanes.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Ha Scott, I understand all of that, and why you are making one, and of course you should do it. It's just that I have no interest whatsoever in an Aerostar. But chaqu'un son gout, as the French say.
And, yes, I'm hoping for more A2A aircraft too (especially warbirds), you make'em, I paint'em, well, most of them anyway.

Cheers
JanKees

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Now it looks like tomorrow (Thursday) is the day the left engine will be started. We've been waiting on two parts to arrive. I'll bring some go pros to capture this very first startup. Can't wait to fly this again.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 16:49 Now it looks like tomorrow (Thursday) is the day the left engine will be started. We've been waiting on two parts to arrive. I'll bring some go pros to capture this very first startup. Can't wait to fly this again.

Scott.
Don't forget a good microphone. Not to hear you speak, but to hear the Aerostar sing! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Scott - A2A wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 16:49 Now it looks like tomorrow (Thursday) is the day the left engine will be started. We've been waiting on two parts to arrive. I'll bring some go pros to capture this very first startup. Can't wait to fly this again.
If you don't mind reminding us, what all was done to the engine in the end, top ovh or more?

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

In the meantime we can all drool a little over this video from September of 2019...

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

amazing that you keep it in a tent!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Part still not here but due today, so tomorrow (Friday) is the day we hope to get this engine started.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 15:17 open system that will allow us to create not just piston twins but jets, turboprops, etc. with much better efficiency. It's modular. But we have to start with something we know well, which is the Aerostar. The Aerostar is the airplane I have complete access too and can flight test any day, every day, as much as necessary to get things exactly as they should be. And the Aerostar is designed and build by the same people that built WWII warbirds.

One thing I just am not happy with is the fact we have never been able to produce more than two airplanes per year. Our hope and dream is the next system blows this opened I do plan on getting more Mustang time and using this to build more and more airplanes.

Scott
That is very exciting to hear. I hope your parts and engine run have gone well!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

AKar wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 22:29
If you don't mind reminding us, what all was done to the engine in the end, top ovh or more?

-Esa

Esa, a full overhaul. We ended up replacing a load of wire that looked like bird's nest today. Hoping tomorrow is the day for startup.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”