How Realistic is FS2020?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: How Realistic is FS2020?

Post by Scott - A2A »

We're not in a race to release an airplane for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We have a "it's done when it's done" attitude when it comes to developing because we typically are working on features we haven't done before, now being no exception.

I understand people want to hear solid timelines but we never have been able to do that, starting from our first Accu-Sim release, the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser being 6 months late. And just like that first Accu-Sim release, we have wishes and challenges in front of us.

We are currently focused on making our Aerostar 600. Part of that focus is getting the real airplane back in the air, and flying the heck out of it. We cannot give confirmation one way or the other regarding what platforms it will be released on. But it is not as much a question of if, but when. Again, remember, we're not in a race but we are working very hard on many exciting new technologies.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

cro24
Airman First Class

Post by cro24 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 08:57 We're not in a race to release an airplane for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We have a "it's done when it's done" attitude when it comes to developing because we typically are working on features we haven't done before, now being no exception.
I understand people want to hear solid timelines but we never have been able to do that, starting from our first Accu-Sim release, the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser being 6 months late. And just like that first Accu-Sim release, we have wishes and challenges in front of us.
We are currently focused on making our Aerostar 600. Part of that focus is getting the real airplane back in the air, and flying the heck out of it. We cannot give confirmation one way or the other regarding what platforms it will be released on. But it is not as much a question of if, but when. Again, remember, we're not in a race but we are working very hard on many exciting new technologies.
Scott
Quality more than quantity, here is a serious company. We will wait as long as necessary.
CM ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F / CPU Intel I7 7700K 4,2 GHz / GTX 1080 STRIX 8 Go/ Mem 4 X 8Go DDR4 skill ripjaws 2400 / FS2020 / FFB2 / quadrant & rudder saiteck / Trackir 5 / A2A: I am waiting :cry:

fabristunt
Airman

Post by fabristunt »

Scott - A2A wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 08:57 I understand people want to hear solid timelines but we never have been able to do that, starting from our first Accu-Sim release, the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser being 6 months late. And just like that first Accu-Sim release, we have wishes and challenges in front of us.
[...]
We cannot give confirmation one way or the other regarding what platforms it will be released on. But it is not as much a question of if, but when.
I'm not looking for a solid timeline.
For me it's not a question of when, but of if. A2A has made no statement so far on whether it will consider the new FS or not.
We all know you need time to crank out your masterpieces, and the current world situation may even delay things further, but the majority of us just wanted to know IF you are even taking the new platform into consideration.
You guys have been awfully quiet on the subject and that made some of us worry it meant no A2A airplanes will ever be available for MSFS. :D
Now it looks like you might try to make some aircraft for the new sim. This is great news for me and I'll happily wait! :D

Regards,
Fabrizio
C182 and Comanche

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

Scott - A2A wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 08:57 We're not in a race to release an airplane for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We have a "it's done when it's done" attitude when it comes to developing because we typically are working on features we haven't done before, now being no exception.

Scott

Exactly why I love your products
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I have little interest in any of the planes that the new sim ships with so I hope the higher end developers do jump on board.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

AviationAtWar wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 08:32 I have little interest in any of the planes that the new sim ships with so I hope the higher end developers do jump on board.
I'm with you there!! That and the lack of support for TrackIR is a complete deal breaker for me. It's going to take A2A and TrackIR to get me to consider FS2020. P3D's gonna' have to be realistic enough...for now... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

So after 4 pages of posts, what's the decision? How realistic IS MFS? :wink:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

That airport is LSMI if anyone wants to check it out in the sim.

Hook

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

It's unlikely to kill you if you have a simulated crash in it but it could be designed to do just that with some other extra equipment attached to make it more realistic for realism (REALSIM tm) fanatics :lol:
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

cro24
Airman First Class

Post by cro24 »

Very nice airport in MSFS2020, surrounded by its beautiful mountains :wink:
CM ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F / CPU Intel I7 7700K 4,2 GHz / GTX 1080 STRIX 8 Go/ Mem 4 X 8Go DDR4 skill ripjaws 2400 / FS2020 / FFB2 / quadrant & rudder saiteck / Trackir 5 / A2A: I am waiting :cry:

Jeeno
Airman

Post by Jeeno »

People saying that Asobo developers simply put bing maps into the simulator, haven't understand how MSFS works.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

Ron Attwood wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 15:04 So after 4 pages of posts, what's the decision? How realistic IS MFS? :wink:
:) same question... how it comparable with accu-feel for example, how overspeed is destructive for ac, how good modeling critical aoa, modeling or doesn't negative aoa spine(inverted) how modeling stall at static overstable(dynamic unstable)(dry leaf fluctuations/longitudinal transverse axis)... crash modeling(gear brokes, wing touch water, ground) tunnel vision at over g, ice jam control... so how realistic is msfs2020? :)
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

einherz wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 07:31:) same question... how it comparable with accu-feel for example, how overspeed is destructive for ac, how good modeling critical aoa, modeling or doesn't negative aoa spine(inverted) how modeling stall at static overstable(dynamic unstable)(dry leaf fluctuations/longitudinal transverse axis)... crash modeling(gear brokes, wing touch water, ground) tunnel vision at over g, ice jam control... so how realistic is msfs2020? :)
I think the answer lies along the lines of, 'Very' all the way through to 'Not at all'
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

but, we can hope :)
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

einherz wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 07:31
Ron Attwood wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 15:04 So after 4 pages of posts, what's the decision? How realistic IS MFS? :wink:
:) same question... how it comparable with accu-feel for example, how overspeed is destructive for ac, how good modeling critical aoa, modeling or doesn't negative aoa spine(inverted) how modeling stall at static overstable(dynamic unstable)(dry leaf fluctuations/longitudinal transverse axis)... crash modeling(gear brokes, wing touch water, ground) tunnel vision at over g, ice jam control... so how realistic is msfs2020? :)
In designing a flight model there are two distinct sides to the equation. The first side involves the aircraft behavior when flown correctly. (This is where most developers place the emphasis). Then there is the second side. This side shows aircraft behavior when and if things go wrong. This side has almost limitless variables as contributing factors to something going wrong can range from mechanical to atmospheric to pilot error, and then into combinations of all three factors.
It's all a matter of resources and how deeply and accurately the developers want to get into this very LARGE can of worms.
Having it all I will admit would be ideal, as long as you have a REALLY powerful computer to run all the required code and a Really REALLY large pocketbook to pay for it all. :-)
Dudley Henriques

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”