A2A on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
CookerCook
Senior Airman

A2A on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by CookerCook »

I am wondering, is A2A planning on porting their planes to FS2020 as it comes out?
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by Hook »

I don't have any inside information, but it's almost certain A2A and all other developers will eventually be moving to MSFS.

Given what we've seen so far, MSFS will render other flight sims obsolete at some point. People will still be flying in XPlane, Prepar3D and even FSX, even as some are now still flying in FS9, but new development will concentrate on MSFS.

I can't predict the future near-term, and I don't know which of A2A's current stable will be converted or how long it might take, or even if they are already working on new aircraft for MSFS. But I will predict that within a couple of years we will be flying A2A aircraft in the new sim.

My best guess is that the Comanche will be one of the first, and the Aerostar. The former because it's Scott's personal aircraft and it's one of the best A2A makes, and the latter because it's currently in production.

MSFS even in it's current state is mind boggling, and we face a very bright future.

Hook

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

If anything, folks behind MSFS2020 have been brilliant in creating hype around this. :mrgreen:

-Esa

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the hype, and I got tired of the constant tease after a few months. Then we started getting leaked videos which showed what the game really looked like, and it was good.

Then... I got an invitation to the Alpha and the opportunity to upgrade my Internet so I could take advantage of it.

The best way I can describe it is, it's not perfect yet. It's still a flight simulator with all that implies. But even flying well off the beaten path, it's mind-boggling.

Take advantage of your current sims now, because once you've experienced MSFS you might have a problem going back. :)

Hook

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

Hook wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 04:08 Agreed. I'm not a fan of the hype, and I got tired of the constant tease after a few months. Then we started getting leaked videos which showed what the game really looked like, and it was good.

Then... I got an invitation to the Alpha and the opportunity to upgrade my Internet so I could take advantage of it.

The best way I can describe it is, it's not perfect yet. It's still a flight simulator with all that implies. But even flying well off the beaten path, it's mind-boggling.

Take advantage of your current sims now, because once you've experienced MSFS you might have a problem going back. :)

Hook

We gotta make sure that MS guarantees the game would look like the pictures they uploaded. (Also would look good even on low graphics)
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

CookerCook wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 06:36We gotta make sure that MS guarantees the game would look like the pictures they uploaded. (Also would look good even on low graphics)
It does. :) Not everything is to the highest level of detail, but it's all close. Basically, what you see is what you get. Some airports don't have everything, some cities aren't high detail. Most airports have more than you expect.

Hook

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

Hook wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 07:16
CookerCook wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 06:36We gotta make sure that MS guarantees the game would look like the pictures they uploaded. (Also would look good even on low graphics)
It does. :) Not everything is to the highest level of detail, but it's all close. Basically, what you see is what you get. Some airports don't have everything, some cities aren't high detail. Most airports have more than you expect.

Hook
I still wish it would still be great even if you set the graphics to minimal or very very low. I am used to low graphics actually. (I have a potato pc)
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

I can concur with Hook. I too am on the Alpha team and it is a whole new experience. Still lots of bugs but this will be a game changer. The graphics are just like the videos and true to life. Flying is very life like including ground maneuvers (however a little more work is still needed).
But until the official release, A2A is still my preferred choice.

Cheers,
Ron
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

rhenson529 wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 22:26 I can concur with Hook. I too am on the Alpha team and it is a whole new experience. Still lots of bugs but this will be a game changer. The graphics are just like the videos and true to life. Flying is very life like including ground maneuvers (however a little more work is still needed).
But until the official release, A2A is still my preferred choice.

Cheers,
Ron

Well, looks like I am gonna invest on a better PC. I am planning to buy X-Plane at first but FS2020 convinced me not to leave The Microsoft Flight Simulator Series.
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

Hook wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 03:00 I don't have any inside information, but it's almost certain A2A and all other developers will eventually be moving to MSFS.

Given what we've seen so far, MSFS will render other flight sims obsolete at some point. People will still be flying in XPlane, Prepar3D and even FSX, even as some are now still flying in FS9, but new development will concentrate on MSFS.

I can't predict the future near-term, and I don't know which of A2A's current stable will be converted or how long it might take, or even if they are already working on new aircraft for MSFS. But I will predict that within a couple of years we will be flying A2A aircraft in the new sim.

My best guess is that the Comanche will be one of the first, and the Aerostar. The former because it's Scott's personal aircraft and it's one of the best A2A makes, and the latter because it's currently in production.

MSFS even in it's current state is mind boggling, and we face a very bright future.

Hook

I really wish they'd put it on Steam, It is easy for me to use. Still, it is up to A2A.
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I recommend holding off on a new PC for now. By the end of the year when MSFS is available, the same PC you would buy now will cost less, or for the same price you can get a better PC. I'm guessing we will be able to get a Jetline system with MSFS already installed, very useful for the currently 112 Gig download which will increase before release.

According to the MSFS specs, for the best experience you'll want 32 gig RAM and 50 MBps Internet. You can get by with less if you lower your settings. Given what we've seen with Prepar3D v5 you'll need a video card with more than 8 Gig VRAM although I don't know if that's necessary with MSFS.

The Alpha is being handled through the Microsoft Store and you might find it works as well as Steam. If you're buying A2A products for FSX, I recommend going through A2A anyway.

Hook

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

Hook wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 02:05 I recommend holding off on a new PC for now. By the end of the year when MSFS is available, the same PC you would buy now will cost less, or for the same price you can get a better PC. I'm guessing we will be able to get a Jetline system with MSFS already installed, very useful for the currently 112 Gig download which will increase before release.

According to the MSFS specs, for the best experience you'll want 32 gig RAM and 50 MBps Internet. You can get by with less if you lower your settings. Given what we've seen with Prepar3D v5 you'll need a video card with more than 8 Gig VRAM although I don't know if that's necessary with MSFS.

The Alpha is being handled through the Microsoft Store and you might find it works as well as Steam. If you're buying A2A products for FSX, I recommend going through A2A anyway.

Hook

Thanks for the reply, though I do not really aspire a PC specifically built for Flight Simulation, just a PC with enough power to run it and I also aspire FS2020 to have Gamepad Compatibility.

EDIT: Actually about the ram it can do 8GB in minimum settings but recommended that you have 16 GB and Is it also gonna have ATC in which you actually talk to it like in VATSIM?
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

Without wishing to break my vow of confidentiality, I'm an Alpha tester, and my rig could hardly be called cutting-edge. 32GB DDR4 RAM, i7 7700K, 1080ti, and it runs well, and looks sensational! My only gripe with it is I can't get my MS Sidewinder FFB2 to set up properly!

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

^
Excellent, that's essentially the system I'm building now except with i7-9700K CPU.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

I wish it was cheap though. At first I thought a computer with higher Ghz makes a difference turns out you have to have enough cores to speed it up. I wish there was a cheap i7 Computer though
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”