Around the World Plan with a Cessna

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
CookerCook
Senior Airman

Re: Around the World Plan with a Cessna

Post by CookerCook »

Hook wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 23:55 This is why you didn't fly the 172. :D

Completing the world flight in the same aircraft you started is part of the special challenge.

Hook

Though I just want to know what Model is the C182 based off? Is the engine turbocharged or no?
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

its a C182T so no turbo no.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

If it makes ya feel better I’m still working on my cross the USA trip in the piper cub.. going on 7 years and I started in California at half moon bay and I’m only at Texas.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

n421nj wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 19:17 If it makes ya feel better I’m still working on my cross the USA trip in the piper cub.. going on 7 years and I started in California at half moon bay and I’m only at Texas.
Dang!! I knew the Cub was slow, but I had no idea it was *that* slow! :D :D

Hook

ironmanthe3000
Airman

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

beautiful indeed............................................................................happy flying sir...

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

n421nj wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 19:17 If it makes ya feel better I’m still working on my cross the USA trip in the piper cub.. going on 7 years and I started in California at half moon bay and I’m only at Texas.
Only 7 more years! :lol:

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

That is actually awesome
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

UPDATE: Still in Alaska, will be going out to the Mainland USA soon.
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

UPDATE: I am now flying to CYXY then to PAJN, after that I’d go south passing the US Western seaboard
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

CookerCook wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 01:19 UPDATE: I am now flying to CYXY then to PAJN, after that I’d go south passing the US Western seaboard
You'll definintely want to fly from Whitehorse to Juneau by following the railway line. Fly straight to Carcross that lies on the shore of Bennett Lake. Follow the railroad on the eastern shore, and through the White Pass to Skagway. Then you're over the sea, simply fly the Lynn Canal south all the way to Juneau. One of my favorite sim trips!

-Esa

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

Just landed in Whitehorse at about 7AM -9 UTC (10 PM in my local time)
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

AKar wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 01:34
CookerCook wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 01:19 UPDATE: I am now flying to CYXY then to PAJN, after that I’d go south passing the US Western seaboard
You'll definintely want to fly from Whitehorse to Juneau by following the railway line. Fly straight to Carcross that lies on the shore of Bennett Lake. Follow the railroad on the eastern shore, and through the White Pass to Skagway. Then you're over the sea, simply fly the Lynn Canal south all the way to Juneau. One of my favorite sim trips!

-Esa
I’m in FSX though, I might not see the Railway.
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

CookerCook wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 19:33
AKar wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 01:34

-Esa
If you happen to have the Orbx Southern Alaska region, it is there indeed. Not sure about the default world.

-Esa

CookerCook
Senior Airman

Post by CookerCook »

AKar wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 04:46
CookerCook wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 19:33
AKar wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 01:34 You'll definintely want to fly from Whitehorse to Juneau by following the railway line. Fly straight to Carcross that lies on the shore of Bennett Lake. Follow the railroad on the eastern shore, and through the White Pass to Skagway. Then you're over the sea, simply fly the Lynn Canal south all the way to Juneau. One of my favorite sim trips!

-Esa
If you happen to have the Orbx Southern Alaska region, it is there indeed. Not sure about the default world.

-Esa
Yeah, I have no Orbx, I’m trying to be as freeware as possible so that I can save enough for the new Flight Simulator.
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

cro24
Airman First Class

Post by cro24 »

As soon as the C182 and / or the B17 will be worn on FS2020, I would go around the world.
https://fs-tutoriels.com/voyage-escales ... du-monde/
CM ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F / CPU Intel I7 7700K 4,2 GHz / GTX 1080 STRIX 8 Go/ Mem 4 X 8Go DDR4 skill ripjaws 2400 / FS2020 / FFB2 / quadrant & rudder saiteck / Trackir 5 / A2A: I am waiting :cry:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”