Just one lovely picture of the Bonanza...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Just one lovely picture of the Bonanza...

Post by Medtner »

I just couldn't resist. The cockpit of the Bonanza is so lovely... And P3D v5 is starting to look like perfection.

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: Just one lovely picture of the Bonanza...

Post by TymK »

Niiiice :) I have to admit v5 has been growing on me, too, despite the initial problems. One question, though... Are you using any shader mods? The one issue I still haven't resolved is the overdone contrast in v5, especially in the VC, but the panel in your shot looks perfect.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Yeah, I had some GPU-memory problems in the beginning. I’ve never been as plagued with problems in the beginning as with v5, but it’s stable and beautiful now.

I was also hesitant because of the lack of support by Active Sky and other addons. I’m in Beta for Active Sky now, and that’s all I need. No shaders, and I haven’t really missed them. When/if REX gets back in the game I’m sure I will install and be happier, but v5 looks brilliant these days.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very cool indeed, like others whilst somewhat of a frustrating start, v5 is slowly growing on me as a simmer. I would still at this point describe it as a tweakers sim. A lot is still in beta and is a bit rough around the edges but its getting there. And on the topic of eye candy alone, its hard to go back to v4 given how amazing v5 can look out the box.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 06:31 Very cool indeed, like others whilst somewhat of a frustrating start, v5 is slowly growing on me as a simmer. I would still at this point describe it as a tweakers sim. A lot is still in beta and is a bit rough around the edges but its getting there. And on the topic of eye candy alone, its hard to go back to v4 given how amazing v5 can look out the box.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Yeah, some are more unlucky than others. I haven't tweaked anything in the sim lately, but tweaking is part and parcel of simming. One needs to have that ability - I can't for a second think that any future sim will be without it.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Actually by the end of FSX and P3Dv4 I didn't do any tweaking at all, just settings options set and away I went. Was nice and enjoyable to spend more time flying than in notepad :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 05:11 Actually by the end of FSX and P3Dv4 I didn't do any tweaking at all, just settings options set and away I went. Was nice and enjoyable to spend more time flying than in notepad :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
Here's the trick to increase the ratio of flying / tweaking. Let the tweaking be what it is, and simply fly more. That'll do it. :-P

That having been said. I'm going to go fly... :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”