Spit vs P51

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Spit vs P51

Post by jcblom »

SeattleSleeper wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 12:28
Dad preferred the Jug also.
Wow, cool picture!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

jcblom wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 11:56 I'd still prefer a P-47
My favourite warbird is always the Spitfire. What's a P-51??? :? :? :mrgreen:

But the P-47 is a very close second. Can't wait for a :p3d: version.

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

kopolla
Airman

Post by kopolla »

This thread has been really good to a big question I*ve had: What do you guys do with military planes in a civilian flight sim? I mean, I get it, fly them around, but to me it just feels really odd taking a Spit or a B-17 for sightseeing or random travelling. It's sad because that deters me from flying amazing birds over my scenery. If I fly historical, I usually go down to IL-2, but the scenery there is limited
Last edited by kopolla on 07 Jun 2020, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I pretend I'm Kermit Weeks. :mrgreen: I enjoy the warbirds in VFR, actually much more fun than flying the GA aircraft.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

So if you fly a Spitfire you have to shoot at things? Is that what you are saying?
Honestly, what a ridiculous idea.
From experience, I can tell you it's more fun cruising in a Ferrari than in a VW, you don't have ro race it. Same with aircraft, I enjoy sightseeing in a P-51 much more than in a C172, there's little fun and excitement in that, and then there's landing...
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

kopolla wrote: 07 Jun 2020, 13:34 This thread has been really good to a big question I*ve had: What do you guys do with military planes in a civilian flight sim? I mean, I get it, fly them around, but to me it just feels really odd taking a Spit or a B-17 for sightseeing or random travelling. It's sad because that deters me from flying amazing birds over my scenery. If I fly historical, I usually go down to IL-2, but the scenery there is limited
Fly formation on historic missions.

And sometimes get damaged by FLAK if you are running the 91st BG special Lua code that detects FLAK.

kopolla
Airman

Post by kopolla »

jcblom wrote: 07 Jun 2020, 15:01 So if you fly a Spitfire you have to shoot at things? Is that what you are saying?
Honestly, what a ridiculous idea.
From experience, I can tell you it's more fun cruising in a Ferrari than in a VW, you don't have ro race it. Same with aircraft, I enjoy sightseeing in a P-51 much more than in a C172, there's little fun and excitement in that, and then there's landing...
I'm not saying you're doing it wrong, it just feels odd to me.
SeattleSleeper wrote: 07 Jun 2020, 15:07

Fly formation on historic missions.

And sometimes get damaged by FLAK if you are running the 91st BG special Lua code that detects FLAK.
[/img]
Yeah, that does look fun

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

It gets real fun when FLAK knocks out your systems, everything from O2 leaks to engine fires.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Warbirds in civilian sims is a valid question. I enjoy learning the historical startup and operating procedures, and practicing the systems management that A2A has recreated masterfully. FSX offers the opportunity to navigate over terrain and landmarks I know in real life. So no guns or bombs in a civil sim is fine by me.

I also fly DCS and IL-2 Great Battles, and each fills a different role for me. DCS is kind of the crossroads between between FSX and IL-2, where I can practice weapons employment and flight procedures but also some recreational general aviation. IL-2 is for missions and combat.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Why do people run Bugatti's or why does my mate have 26 (at last count) motorcycles. Amongst which are a Vincent Black Shadow, a Manx Norton, a Cossack 750 with sidecar and a Panther Model 100. He has more modern ones too, like a Honda CBX1000 and a Suzuki GT750 for instance. All are running but not all are road legal.

Different strokes for different folks. It's the same for everything.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

mustang without any questions, long time don't fly, so now know it for sure, know, what i'm really missing... after stop fly, i could say "it's hard to say", now it's not, as i stop fly till msfs will realized(can not fly, after seen new sim), soon as stay hope mustang a2a will first for this sadistic(you can see it, and can not touch it) simulator... but i will happy with any of ww2 fighter, actually would be cool found in the a2a store something special new like p-39/63 for msfs with all my love to mustang, p-39 was very interesting stuff with very unstable scheme, it could very eazy go from spin to invert spin, it was dangerouse, as altitude is not infinity, and you have to be accurate and fast and i hope msfs a2a together will recreate this bird and behavior for this bird, have to say, all my flight simulators from i start it in the last century, all my first flight in them, i start from take some alt and start some spin, and p-39 for this would be best choice :) ...sorry for offtopic, as i said before, mustang, yeah :)
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

einherz wrote: 13 Jun 2020, 10:00 mustang without any questions, long time don't fly, so now know it for sure, know, what i'm really missing... after stop fly, i could say "it's hard to say", now it's not, as i stop fly till msfs will realized(can not fly, after seen new sim), soon as stay hope mustang a2a will first for this sadistic(you can see it, and can not touch it) simulator... but i will happy with any of ww2 fighter, actually would be cool found in the a2a store something special new like p-39/63 for msfs with all my love to mustang, p-39 was very interesting stuff with very unstable scheme, it could very eazy go from spin to invert spin, it was dangerouse, as altitude is not infinity, and you have to be accurate and fast and i hope msfs a2a together will recreate this bird and behavior for this bird, have to say, all my flight simulators from i start it in the last century, all my first flight in them, i start from take some alt and start some spin, and p-39 for this would be best choice :) ...sorry for offtopic, as i said before, mustang, yeah :)
A P-39 is a good suggestion. It was an interesting plane and had to be flown properly or it would bite big time.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

yes, best way for this aircraft at tumble speed is pilot 400 lb vs engine behind the pilot
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

P-51 for me, and I am now going to be Arrested as being a brit and saying that comes with a prison sentence :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Also SeattleSleeper that is a damn cool image, thanks for posting!

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 07:17
Also SeattleSleeper that is a damn cool image, thanks for posting!

cheers,
Lewis
Thanks Lewis. I've been working on the FLAK effect, trying to make it look more like the real thing.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”