First vaccine to show actual efficacy against Covid 19 developed..

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: First vaccine to show actual efficacy against Covid 19 developed..

Post by lonewulf47 »

Medtner wrote: 19 May 2020, 13:10 Just to add to the mix of different responses: I'll be having the vaccine the day it is available and reasonably safe to use. As Oracle and Patful says, Covid19 can be really bad even for us younger people, and while I feel that I have the health to "take it", I also don't want to be carrying the virus, because while I may be brushing it off my steel armored immune system I may pass it along to others who don't have the same capacity.

All this with the caveat that I need to have reasonable confidence in that the vaccination won't have horrific side effects, and that it will indeed work.

Having learned so much lately about how vaccination helps not only myself, but others as well, I'll be looking into getting the flu-shot too.
I couldn't express myself in better words. It's exactly what I feel. Thank you Erik, for your wise words !!
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I never leave the house except for doctor visits, so I won't be exposing too many people. :D

Hook

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Last edited by Mikenor on 20 May 2020, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Mikenor wrote: 19 May 2020, 15:47 The vaccine will have aluminium and mercury components similar to other flu vaccines. Aluminium for one has been linked to Alzheimer’s. and to top it off they will more than likely rush this to market without extensive testing, and then expect us to have the shot every year. I’ll pass, thanks
I find it extremely dangerous to spread such black/white information without the necessary background.

Virus family Orthomyxoviridae -> Types Influenza A,B,C,D. Disease -> Influenza
Virus family Coronaviridae -> Sub-Type Sarbecovirus SARS-CoV-2. Disease -> COVID-19 which is a SARS type disease

Two completely different virus families which require completely different vaccines.

Furthermore I believe that we should not dig deeper into this subject. This is a Forum mainly coping with Flight Simulation and I believe it should remain so. I would therefore encourage the moderators to close this topic.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

I was debating on responding yesterday and now wish I hadn’t. I agree this is a flight sim forum yet you had no problem commenting on it before I responded, and were happy to participate. That is until someone posted a comment that was contrary to your beliefs. I will delete my comment as I do not wish to offend anyone, but my opinion remains the same.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

If it were a more serious pandemic I would certainly be all for a vaccine, but I just don't see anyone suffering from this disease where I am. A local meat processing plant had all of their employees tested and tons came back positive with most of them showing no symptoms whatsoever.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

My personal feeling is that there is more than enough depressing news and fear-related crap going on in the mainstream media and I do not need to see it on my favorite hobby forum...just my crabby old Wilkinson perspective......
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Busty_Bomber
Airman First Class

Post by Busty_Bomber »

The only "vaccine" for COVID 19 has slipped from the media's report, that is a high dose of Vitamin C. Vitamin C shot is nothing new but considering how powerful it is, Vitamin C it can do the job. I don't know why nobody is talking more on this.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

At my age I get a flu-shot every year (NHS. HURRAH!). I'm told I will be getting a one-off shot for something else at 72. No doubt, eventually, this will be another shot added to those but for everyone this time.

Steve.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I've had one flu shot in my life and that was under duress from my wife. I will not be having another one unless they send four strong men to hold me down. I won't state my reasons as I don't want to be an outcast or pariah (Doh! Too late) :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 20 May 2020, 11:46 My personal feeling is that there is more than enough depressing news and fear-related crap going on in the mainstream media and I do not need to see it on my favorite hobby forum...just my crabby old Wilkinson perspective......
+1

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Depressing? You want depressing? I'll never have my native P3D4 A2A big radial fighter. :mrgreen:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

You want cheering up? It came to me in a flash why nothing is mentioned about the B-17 . They're building a Lancaster!

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Ron Attwood wrote: 22 May 2020, 08:17 You want cheering up? It came to me in a flash why nothing is mentioned about the B-17 . They're building a Lancaster!

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Ron Attwood wrote: 22 May 2020, 08:17 You want cheering up? It came to me in a flash why nothing is mentioned about the B-17 . They're building a Lancaster!
Excellent!! Good news in this thread... :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”