Scenery Issues??

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Scenery Issues??

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I seem to be having a lot of scenery issues lately. I can be flying along, all fine and good, then BANG. The plane crashes into nothing at all.

This is over the Nile delta using Orbx Africa scenery in P3D V4.5.14.34698, in Win10 build 1903. The sim is on a dedicated SSD only 25% full. My system runs an Intel Core i7-8700 cpu, 16gb ram on an ASUSH370-Pro motherboard, GTX1080 GPU with 8GB vram. It's only 18 months old. Windows updates are all installed, as are A2A updates on my planes as well as Orbx updates

Tried again in the Comanche in the same area.

This suggests it's not the planes. Had the same thing happen again last night on a taxiway at Van Nuys in Orbx Socal scenery, which I've used plenty of times before in FSX and P3D V4.3 with no issues, when the sim was on a SATA III hard drive with plenty of other stuff. It's driving me nuts and really putting me off flightsim.

Hoping someone can help,
Mike.
ImageImageImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Scenery Issues??

Post by MarcE »

The very first thing to do when you install any addon is to turn off the crash detection. Addon scenery often uses invisible vertical elements and sophisticated addon aircraft don‘t work with the detection anyway. After all it‘s probably the most unrealistic feature the sim offers. I think you know yourself when you‘ve screwed it up ;)

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Thanks Marc. Hadn't thought of that - too busy chasing realism :roll: . I'll give it a try tonight.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Fallen foul of this sort of thing myself this past week. I'd forgotten to disable crashes in the sim, def a must have to avoid the annoying invisible scenery and world objects :roll: :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I may have cracked it, thanks to everyone's help. Last night, I took off from Orbx Tyabb airport on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, having turned off crass detection. I had previously been guaranteed a crash using that airport, but it all ran well.

Image.

Back to happy flight simming, I hope.

Cheers,
Mike

PS: Love the Comanche. It's my favourite GA plane by far and having flown in real life, somehow it feels like the most complete and "alive" package ever done for flight sim. Perhaps that's because Scott knows it so well and that comes through in the sim. If so, that bodes well for the Aerorstar when that is eventually released.
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”