Please help me decide........

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
djbully
Airman

Please help me decide........

Post by djbully »

It seems i'm becoming a bit of an A2A addict!

There are only 3 P3D planes I dont own from A2A.

Cessna C182 Skylane
Cessna C172 Trainer
Piper Cherokee 180

Bearing in mind I'm using P3D V5 (now I have it settled somewhat). I am leaning towards the 172 Trainer, as it is V5 ready.

However, what do you think is the most fun to fly out of the above 3? Do all 3 have the walkaround feature? I like that, so it would influence my descision.

My personal favs from A2A are the Comanche 250 closely followed by the P-51 Civilian, then the Bonanza. Just to give you an idea of what I like.

Thanks in advance for any input :D

Bully.
EGHI

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Please help me decide........

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Just pick one of them, you’ll end up with all of them anyway :mrgreen:
I’m use FSX and I don’t own the Cherokee yet, but they are very different aircraft, so for me it’s impossible to compare them. The C172 was my first :a2a: add on , And I can remember I was a bit disappointed when the C182 was launched as it was “just another Cessna” but apart from being a high wing Cessna, it’s completely different from the C172.
I’m thinking of eating one of these fruitsm an apple, a pear or a banana, which is better?? :wink:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

There's a style difference between Cessna and Piper. The Cherokee is basically a slightly scaled down Comanche. I really like it.

I don't know why but I never cared for the Cessna 172. I can't speak for anyone else though. I'm sure there are people who prefer the Cessna, and not just because of the high wing design.

If I had no experience in Piper/Cessna except for the Comanche, I'd go for one of the Cessna variants just to try something different.

Edit: I fly both the Cherokee and Comanche and like them both, so having two similar aircraft isn't a bad thing.

Hook

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hook wrote: 12 May 2020, 09:49 There's a style difference between Cessna and Piper. The Cherokee is basically a slightly scaled down Comanche. I really like it.

I don't know why but I never cared for the Cessna 172. I can't speak for anyone else though. I'm sure there are people who prefer the Cessna, and not just because of the high wing design.

If I had no experience in Piper/Cessna except for the Comanche, I'd go for one of the Cessna variants just to try something different.

Edit: I fly both the Cherokee and Comanche and like them both, so having two similar aircraft isn't a bad thing.

Hook
:mrgreen: I agree, I have both the C172 and the C182, but of the Pipers, I only have the Cub... High Wing for the Win :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Tigerclaw
Technical Sergeant

Post by Tigerclaw »

I USED to own both the C172 and the C182 in my FSX days. Along with others like Spitfire, P51, P47, etc, you get the picture :wink: I gave it all up 5-6 years ago I guess.

I’ve just got back into it, but this time it’s P3Dv5. I, like you, had to make a choice from what was available for P3D. Not all my past purchases work. I got the P40, as it was a free bee (Thank you A2A), and I could buy TWO more planes with the money I had spare. The Bonanza was a no brainier, but what next? After much reflection, I decided on the C182. My reasons being, I remember once I’d bought the C182 last time, I never flew the C172 trainer again. To me the bigger Cessna was much more fun to fly, especially for bush flying.

That isn’t to say I won’t but the C172 this time around, because I will of course. I just had to prioritise what comes first.
Tony (That's all your getting, like it or lump it)

MSFS i7-7700 Kaby Lake CPU @ 3.60 GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores (Liquid cooled) Gigabyte B250M-DS3H-CF M/Board 32 Gig DDR4 Ram Nvidia GTX 1080ti 11GB GDDR 5 Win 10 Home Acer Predator XB271HU.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Get the Spitfire. I like the 172 best for GA stuff, but only because I have an old Stringbag paint scheme for it.

:lol: You'll get them all eventually.

Steve.

djbully
Airman

Post by djbully »

Well, thanks everyone!

I guess I'll jut get the 172 to see what the Cessna high wing is like, plus it's V5 ready.

Probably, then the 182 to compare, and finally the Cherokee, unless something else comes out first :)
EGHI

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

djbully wrote: 12 May 2020, 09:31 It seems i'm becoming a bit of an A2A addict!

There are only 3 P3D planes I dont own from A2A.

Cessna C182 Skylane
Cessna C172 Trainer
Piper Cherokee 180
...My personal favs from A2A are the Comanche 250 closely followed by the P-51 Civilian, then the Bonanza. Just to give you an idea of what I like.
I would say go with the Skylane, as you like the Comanche and Bonanza and they are both low wings. We largely did the 182 because while I had a Comanche it's easy to rent Skyhawks and Cherokees, but very hard to find a Skylane. So the Skylane fulfilled a personal dream to own one. They are so big, bulbous with that nice six cylinder Lycoming 540 stuffed in the nose.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Recently I got the A2A Cessna 182 (sort of a thank you to A2A for offering the extremely cool P-40 for free), and I really like it. It's solid, that's for sure. Almost as fast as the Comanche. Last evening I used my 182 to pre-run a MP flight from Grand Canyon National (KGCN) to Telluride (KTEX). She got into Telluride just fine, despite the 9,078 field altitude. I recommend the 182.

I'd recommend getting the A2A B-25, soon as it come out.

Seeya
ATB

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I agree with Scott. The 182 is a great choice and has a great ability to operate on rough an short airstrips.

But I also love the Cherokee. It has a certain charm lacking in both Cessnas and having flown one in real life, I can attest to it's accurate flight qualities.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”