Well, this is pure flight simulator *orn now.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Hobart Escin

Well, this is pure flight simulator *orn now.

Post by Hobart Escin »

Pretty much gonna sell my house and buy a new computer for this. :oops:

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Re: Well, this is pure flight simulator *orn now.

Post by Bruce66 »

I was already tipped off by a guy on the Beta team that my new computer is up to scratch for MSFS 2020! :shock:

I was surprised and somewhat in disbelief BUT there are huge steps in progress for efficiency so maybe it is true.

Either way that video makes it look pretty good - and makes me wonder what the difference is between the minimum spec and the spec used to create a video like that....I suspect it is similar to the difference between a bicycle and new car!

We will see when it finally gets released.....
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Bruce,

Based on other modern PC games it‘s mainly FPS. The loading stutters that are/were present in P3Dv4 are acient relicts of really old technology. It‘s a bit like you would want to get and hold exactly 22C/72F in your 25 years old Car. Today you select the temperature and the computer regulates the airflow so the driver can have 22C and the lady on the right can be warm at 24C. I‘m confident we won‘t have real issues with a good but not latest computer.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

MarcE wrote: 10 May 2020, 03:17 Bruce,

Based on other modern PC games it‘s mainly FPS. The loading stutters that are/were present in P3Dv4 are acient relicts of really old technology. It‘s a bit like you would want to get and hold exactly 22C/72F in your 25 years old Car. Today you select the temperature and the computer regulates the airflow so the driver can have 22C and the lady on the right can be warm at 24C. I‘m confident we won‘t have real issues with a good but not latest computer.
Precisely. Actually a pretty brilliant analogy. We won't discuss MY current computer specs, lol, but let's just say instead of having air conditioning while I'm driving, I just roll the windows down. Also, window on passenger side is stuck. :lol:

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

It is a good analogy!

Especially when you consider my 2 year old Mini Cooper 7 - on a hot day even the computer and all the fancy gadgets cant keep the inside temperature down to 22C! :D

Which is my point - you can NEVER have a powerful enough computer for a flight sim IMHO.

I reckon my current computer will be enough for the minimum and maybe a bit more for MSFS2020 - but looking at that rain on the aircraft, nipping in and out of clouds without a glitch and the detail of the scenery on the ground (though I thought the waves on the river still left something to be desired :) ) that must have been a kick a** computer the Beta tester was using!
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

haha yep, I'm definitely going to get a new Mainboard and CPU :D My Z170A and 6700k has done fine but... I WANT MOOOORE :DD

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”