The future of the other A2A machines that aren't yet avalible for Prepar3d

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: The future of the other A2A machines that aren't yet avalible for Prepar3d

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Medtner wrote: 09 May 2020, 21:13 FWIW I think a non-Accusimmed airplane is none. I'm very much into the details under the hood, and while I think A2A produces the most wonderful and greatly detailed models, I would not fly a non-Accusimmed anything. Here's hoping for a new start of the older planes! :-D
I'm not interested in non Accu-Sim aircraft.
bladerunner900 wrote: 10 May 2020, 07:02 Indeed. Port them as is. No PBR. No enhancements. They can add more later if needed. Then do the Avro Lancaster.

Everything else is irrelevant. :P

Steve.
#YES :!:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

Connie is not accu sim so is not in my hangar.

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

First off, I prefer ONLY A2A aircraft because of the detail and realism they bring to my favorite past time. Here’s how I have viewed things. Now with P3D v5 and the pending future release of MSFS, and the slow development or upgrading of new or old A2A aircraft, there must be something in the wind. This is purely speculation, A2A is already developing for MSFS and still trying to keep abreast of any advances with P3D. A stretch could include developing aircraft for Xplane as well. It’s the only way I can justify in my mind how things have slowed. Other developers keep pushing out product, in my opinion, to grab as much money as possible, sacrificing what A2A puts into all they release. When MSFS is finally released, where would I want to be as a developer? Right in the forefront.

None of this is meant as a slam to A2A or any other developer, just my humble opinion from my comfy recliner. With all this down time during the pandemic, it gives one time to think or speculate. In my case, that’s dangerous!
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Medtner wrote: 09 May 2020, 21:13 FWIW I think a non-Accusimmed airplane is none. I'm very much into the details under the hood, and while I think A2A produces the most wonderful and greatly detailed models, I would not fly a non-Accusimmed anything. Here's hoping for a new start of the older planes! :-D
Ditto. I wouldn't even download it at a cost of $0.00. Not worth the time. Accu-sim or nothing for me. And here's hoping you all find the time to update soon :wink:
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

wblackret wrote: 10 May 2020, 10:27 First off, I prefer ONLY A2A aircraft because of the detail and realism they bring to my favorite past time. Here’s how I have viewed things. Now with P3D v5 and the pending future release of MSFS, and the slow development or upgrading of new or old A2A aircraft, there must be something in the wind. This is purely speculation, A2A is already developing for MSFS and still trying to keep abreast of any advances with P3D. A stretch could include developing aircraft for Xplane as well. It’s the only way I can justify in my mind how things have slowed. Other developers keep pushing out product, in my opinion, to grab as much money as possible, sacrificing what A2A puts into all they release. When MSFS is finally released, where would I want to be as a developer? Right in the forefront.

None of this is meant as a slam to A2A or any other developer, just my humble opinion from my comfy recliner. With all this down time during the pandemic, it gives one time to think or speculate. In my case, that’s dangerous!
You might very well be on to something. I just hope the fact that A2A have been hiring lately indicates that they intend do expand rather than change direction.

I just thought about the topic in this post more thoroughly last night when having a 2-3 hour flight in the Bonanza in v5. I can forgo scenery perfection, I can forgo hyper detailed visuals in general (though I need relatively real weather, and preferably live), but I can't forgo the deep modelling of the systems and physics. I feel empty and depressed by just thinking about it. It's like loosing ones color vision.

The corollary of this is that Accusim puts the color back in flight sim. :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Funny that you say a non-accusimmed aircraft is no aircraft.
That's exactly what we have, no aircraft. No P-47, no B-17. So what's the point?
Yes, I would like to have them with all bells and whistles, but I'd rather have them without than not have them at all.
So if the full monty is for you, wait until it is released, somewhere in the distant future, but meanwhile, let me enjoy slightly simpler versions. I'm willing to pay for them, but not for a pipe dream that may or may not materialise.
I am now installing nice old FSX models in P3Dv5, and really enjoying them, but no P-47, no B-17, and I miss them. They were some of the best looking models in FSX, why not for P3D?
BTW, I installed the T-6 and the Bonanza in P3Dv5, but they work poorly I think. C172 works better. Are they too complicated? They do not give me the enjoyment I look for, so I am using them less and less...

Oh, and I would LOVE a T-33 with the A2A looks, even without accusim.
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

Yep! Like Forrest Gump once said while using flight simulator, “Accusim is as Accusim does.” His momma was noted as saying, “Forrest, Accusim is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get!”
Bill Black

MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

jcblom wrote: 10 May 2020, 15:53 Funny that you say a non-accusimmed aircraft is no aircraft.
That's exactly what we have, no aircraft. No P-47, no B-17. So what's the point?
Yes, I would like to have them with all bells and whistles, but I'd rather have them without than not have them at all.
So if the full monty is for you, wait until it is released, somewhere in the distant future, but meanwhile, let me enjoy slightly simpler versions. I'm willing to pay for them, but not for a pipe dream that may or may not materialise.
I am now installing nice old FSX models in P3Dv5, and really enjoying them, but no P-47, no B-17, and I miss them. They were some of the best looking models in FSX, why not for P3D?

Oh, and I would LOVE a T-33 with the A2A looks, even without accusim.
That's my point. Having them without Accusim is the same as not having them for me.
But I'm not going to deny you the enjoyment of great models if A2A choose to go that route. However if the "light" version prohibits a fully Accusimmed version down the road then I'm against it. If we can have both, then I'm very much on board. :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

Medtner: “ However if the "light" version prohibits a fully Accusimmed version down the road then I'm against it. If we can have both, then I'm very much on board.“

I agree totally!
Bill Black

MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

They've done it before. The original P-40, P-51, Spitfire and B-17 started life as standard aircraft, like the default ones. An Accu_Sim package was released later for each of them individually.

Steve.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 09 May 2020, 16:37
jcblom wrote: 09 May 2020, 12:35 Scott, you should go into politics! So many words to say exactly nothing, beautiful!
Thanks for the compliment... I think :)
jcblom wrote: 09 May 2020, 12:35 I had an idea: would it be an option to bring out simplified models of our old friends (17, 47, 377) , Aircraft Factory style, to tie us over, until the moment arrives you guys find the time to update the model to accusim standard?
I know, sacrilege to many, but I'd rather have a flying P-47 than no P-47, same for the B-17. Even without accusim, your models are better than most of the competition.
We're now waiting longer for an update, than it originally took you to make it in the first place I think...
Just a thought..
Lewis, Mike, do you hear this ^ ? We've had plenty of discussions about this, frankly me wanting to do what you are doing. I've been shot down by the entire crew. And in the end I begrudgingly agree. But if you want to make any headway, you need to start bugging Lewis :)

Scott.
Way to through Lewis under the bus :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm very glad to hear that at least the P-47 is being discussed by the team. Speaking only for myself, I'm looking for the Thunderbolt to be updated in it's original form, with AccuSim, and I don't really care if it's too much trouble to update it to PBR, nice though that is. But it has to have the AccuSim model too. If a plane doesn't have AccuSim, I'm not interested. I've recently tried a couple of the free offerings, and it's very nice of these other companies to offer us all a freebie in these difficult times, but I'm sorry to say that they've been quickly deleted, as they just feel lifeless even with AccuFeel. Having had some flying time in real life, nothing other than an Accusim plane holds my interest. And the P-47 is still so much fun to fly with many interesting foibles. I have tried installing the plane without Accusim into P3D V4.3, but on my machine there are too many issues to make it viable so it's been regretfully deleted. This is why I'm nagging for the updated version, even though the A2A model is now more than a decade old. The flightsim world has become a confusing place lately, with so many new developments happening all at once, but this plane has stood the test of time.

I'm on V4.5 of P3D now and I only moved from FSX because I got so tired of it's instability and long load times. It's been an expensive exercise too, so I won't be making moves to another sim for a while either. But I'd happily pay for a P3D P-47 in a heartbeat.

So Lewis, consider yourself about to be nagged some more. Here's the deal. You nag the team for a P3D P-37, and I'll join the chorus nagging for a Lancaster. Sound fair?? :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

The non-Accu-sim B-17 works fine in P3DV4. No need for another non-Accu-sim version. The P-47 in P3DV4 is another story, full flaps cause you to drop straight down. :shock:

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

But they do not work in P3Dv5...I tried

And yes a Lancaster too, of course!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Agree... The same for me. Non-Accusimed? No way. :)
Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

If you limit yourself to Accu-Sim then you will miss out on some real gems out there. For me, that would be the MJ C-47 for one. We all have our favourites and you can guess what mine is. Having it working flawlessly in v5 is a condition of whether or not I will 'upgrade'. There are others I would like to see, to be given the Accu-Sim treatment but being realistic, I know they will never get it.

Steve.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”