The future of the other A2A machines that aren't yet avalible for Prepar3d

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Busty_Bomber
Airman First Class

The future of the other A2A machines that aren't yet avalible for Prepar3d

Post by Busty_Bomber »

Hi,

This is a question mainly for Scott. The Prepar3d section has been missing the P-47, B-377 COTS, B-17 as well for quite some time. Are they making a comeback? Because for example the B-17 would complement the P-40 well. The P-47 on it's own is a flying tank and it was a favorite because of this. And the slow and mighty B-377 Stratocruiser reminded me a lot about the golden age of flying. It's no surprise they are missed. Are they slowly making their way into Prepar3d?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: The future of the other A2A machines that aren't yet avalible for Prepar3d

Post by Scott - A2A »

I can't say one way or another for sure and when because of the rapidly changing landscape. P3Dv5 is showing some promise and the big heavy 4 engined airplanes are a core part of the A2A fleet. In the meantime the way we are staying efficient during this time is building out our core technology. We're a flexible company which has been a reason for our resilience. So for us to make a definitive answer to your question would be premature and take away our ability to adapt. So the short of it all is, right now we just don't know. But we will in the not too distant future. Sorry for not being able to give you a yes or no answer.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Scott, you should go into politics! So many words to say exactly nothing, beautiful!

I had an idea: would it be an option to bring out simplified models of our old friends (17, 47, 377) , Aircraft Factory style, to tie us over, until the moment arrives you guys find the time to update the model to accusim standard?
I know, sacrilege to many, but I'd rather have a flying P-47 than no P-47, same for the B-17. Even without accusim, your models are better than most of the competition.
We're now waiting longer for an update, than it originally took you to make it in the first place I think...
Just a thought..
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

jcblom wrote: 09 May 2020, 12:35 Scott, you should go into politics! So many words to say exactly nothing, beautiful!
Thanks for the compliment... I think :)
jcblom wrote: 09 May 2020, 12:35 I had an idea: would it be an option to bring out simplified models of our old friends (17, 47, 377) , Aircraft Factory style, to tie us over, until the moment arrives you guys find the time to update the model to accusim standard?
I know, sacrilege to many, but I'd rather have a flying P-47 than no P-47, same for the B-17. Even without accusim, your models are better than most of the competition.
We're now waiting longer for an update, than it originally took you to make it in the first place I think...
Just a thought..
Lewis, Mike, do you hear this ^ ? We've had plenty of discussions about this, frankly me wanting to do what you are doing. I've been shot down by the entire crew. And in the end I begrudgingly agree. But if you want to make any headway, you need to start bugging Lewis :)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

fwiw, I tend to agree. I’d rather have a non-accusim’d Strat than none. I’ve still got FSX installed for this and a couple of other planes that didn’t make it across. This at least has left it available for me to use. But the OOM hangs over us there...

If they make it to the top of the accusim pile one day, that would be fantastic. If not, not all would be lost.

Mike
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

FWIW I think a non-Accusimmed airplane is none. I'm very much into the details under the hood, and while I think A2A produces the most wonderful and greatly detailed models, I would not fly a non-Accusimmed anything. Here's hoping for a new start of the older planes! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Medtner wrote: 09 May 2020, 21:13 FWIW I think a non-Accusimmed airplane is none. I'm very much into the details under the hood, and while I think A2A produces the most wonderful and greatly detailed models, I would not fly a non-Accusimmed anything. Here's hoping for a new start of the older planes! :-D
I agree. After flying the Accusimmed A2A aircraft it's hard to fly even my favorite planes ( Carenado 337, Alabeo C170 ) and many more. I still enjoy them but they just aren't the same.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

scubaboy
Airman

Re: The future of the other A2A machines that aren't yet available for Prepar3d

Post by scubaboy »

Scott - A2A wrote: 09 May 2020, 16:37 Thanks for the compliment... I think :)

Lewis, Mike, do you hear this ^ ? We've had plenty of discussions about this, frankly me wanting to do what you are doing. I've been shot down by the entire crew. And in the end I begrudgingly agree. But if you want to make any headway, you need to start bugging Lewis :)

Scott.
Well, the A2A store is still selling non - Accu-sim & older version Accu-sim aircraft, so A2A add-ons are already not exclusively Accu-sim.

Count me in as another customer who will buy any of the older aircraft you can bring into P3Dv5, as well as any of the commercial customer aircraft.
Accu-Feel for P3Dv5 is there is give the non - Accu-sim aircraft a bit of the Accu-sim touch.

Not being able to go back to flying a non-Accu-sim aircraft is understandable, but I suspect some of that preference may not be able to
resist a new A2A release - they're practically unicorns!

Jeeno
Airman

Post by Jeeno »

Medtner wrote: 09 May 2020, 21:13 FWIW I think a non-Accusimmed airplane is none. I'm very much into the details under the hood, and while I think A2A produces the most wonderful and greatly detailed models, I would not fly a non-Accusimmed anything. Here's hoping for a new start of the older planes! :-D
Couldn't agree more!

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

This sure is a difficult one. On the one side there are those who just want to fly the planes now and are prepared to sacrifice the accu-sim side. One the other side there are those of us who love the fact there is accu-sim.
Many years ago there were considerations for bringing some jet fighters into accu-sim and in some respects I am glad they haven't made it, purely because of the fact they are turbine powered and therefore I am guessing more reliable.
Why I am saying this is because for a long time in Australia (and I guess other places) the belief in 2 piston engines, mostly Beech 200's, were required to perform mission critical flights, such as the RFDS (Royal Flying Doctor Service). Then along came the PC-12 with a single turbine and replaced almost all of the B200's due to the reliability of the PT-6 and thus allowing for the fuel saving.
What makes accu-sim fascinating is flying an aircraft that can change / degrade / fail its performance for any number of reasons over time. This is what makes a person fly for 100's, or 1000's of hours in the same aircraft to experience this happening over time and then delivers a byproduct of becoming intimately familiar with the aircraft. This can only occur in an aircraft that is subject to higher failure than a modern aircraft such as the PC-12. Radial engines are a perfect subject for accu-sim.
There is little incentive to fly lots of hours in a non-accusim aircraft outside of simply looking at scenery or practicing navigation procedures. Operating the aircraft is exactly the same everytime and attention required tends to be lax.
Then there is the issue of MFSF adding to the mix and all the work required to make that happen for the existing P3D fleet.
My position is to finish the Aerostar which will finally give us a fancy twin hotrod to play with, then go back and bring the 3 remaining aircraft up to modern standard, starting with the B377 (unashamed plug for my favourite), and somewhere in the mix carry everything through to MSFS.
Then for Lewis the cherry. After all this is down Lewis gets his Lancaster.
Cheers
Trev

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

While I would love to have the B377 for P3Dv4, I don't think I would use it much without Accusim. Without its complex systems and CotS it just wouldn't be the same fascinating experience.

Therefore my favourite would be a straight port-over from the FSX version to P3Dv4&5. So no new features, no PBR, no windscreen rain effects and no model and code enhancements. Just 1:1 the FSX version but converted for 64bit. Most people would be quite happy with that and it would also minimize the workload for the :a2a: team. The same goes for the P-47 and B-17.

For most of us the B377, P-47 or B-17 was the very first Accusim addon and therefore has a special place in our flightsim hearts. It would be awesome to have them back for P3D!

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Tim-HH wrote: 10 May 2020, 06:42 While I would love to have the B377 for P3Dv4, I don't think I would use it much without Accusim. Without its complex systems and CotS it just wouldn't be the same fascinating experience.

Therefore my favourite would be a straight port-over from the FSX version to P3Dv4&5. So no new features, no PBR, no windscreen rain effects and no model and code enhancements. Just 1:1 the FSX version but converted for 64bit. Most people would be quite happy with that and it would also minimize the workload for the :a2a: team. The same goes for the P-47 and B-17.

For most of us the B377, P-47 or B-17 was the very first Accusim addon and therefore has a special place in our flightsim hearts. It would be awesome to have them back for P3D!

Greetings
Tim
Indeed. Port them as is. No PBR. No enhancements. They can add more later if needed. Then do the Avro Lancaster.

Everything else is irrelevant. :P

Steve.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Tim, thanks for stating the direct upgrade to P3D without adding all the new trimmings. I forgot to include this in my post.
Once they are converted to 64 bit, the rest of the new bits can follow when possible.
It sure is heartening to see people that would hardly post about these 3 planes stating their interest in getting upgraded.
Cheers
Trev

woody901
Airman First Class

Post by woody901 »

Tim-HH wrote: 10 May 2020, 06:42 While I would love to have the B377 for P3Dv4, I don't think I would use it much without Accusim. Without its complex systems and CotS it just wouldn't be the same fascinating experience.

Greetings
Tim
That sounds like an idea. Please think about this option A2A.
Mick
ImageImageImageImage

Ssnake51
Airman

Post by Ssnake51 »

Jeeno wrote: 10 May 2020, 04:30
Couldn't agree more!
Me too.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”