It's time to say goodbye..

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

It's time to say goodbye..

Post by jcblom »

..to my beloved B-17 and P-47. They were by far my favorite A2A aircraft, and while I could still enjoy them (without accusim) in P3Dv4, they are not cooperating with v5.
And since I don't think we'll see an update to make them work in v5, it's goodbye, my friends!

FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: It's time to say goodbye..

Post by bobsk8 »

Yet another reason why I don't upgrade P3D.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

It's strange to me how the B17 is so 'beloved' in the sim world. I understand completely the history and the nostalgia but to spend an evening in it? I bought it for FSX because I'm weak and succumbed to peer pressure. :roll: I flew it once on a 'mission' in formation with a bunch of other B17s ...drone, drone, drone.

I can hear the teeth gnashing and the swish of fists waving and batons being smacked into the palms of hands so I'd best go... :shock:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 14:31 I can hear the teeth gnashing and the swish of fists waving and batons being smacked into the palms of hands so I'd best go... :shock:
Nah, Ron, you're not alone. While I don't have the B-17, I did buy the Connie, my favorite multi since I was a tot. While it's great to take off and land, the rest of the flight bores me to tears. I just prefer singles.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Somebody's gonna have to go check on Ron.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

AviationAtWar wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 15:05 Somebody's gonna have to go check on Ron.
He seems fine to me!

Cheers,
Rob (Not Bomber Command Guy) Wilkinson :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Funny you don't like the B-17, it's beautiful! So is the P-47. Me, I find all those GA singles extremely boring. I bought and painted most of them at the time, and they probably work in v5, but I can't be bothered to install them. That cherokee, so slow and boring, drone, drone..
Anyway, I have a new big monster:
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Spitfire drone drone? Nope. Mustang drone drone? Nope. P-40 drone drone? Nope. Can't disagree about the Cherky though. Nice and undemanding for a bit of a saunter around. Oh, P-47 drone drone? Nope(once you got the damned thing started!) :D

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 16:01 Spitfire drone drone? Nope. Mustang drone drone? Nope. P-40 drone drone? Nope. Can't disagree about the Cherky though. Nice and undemanding for a bit of a saunter around. Oh, P-47 drone drone? Nope(once you got the damned thing started!) :D
B17 is NOT beautiful. It has looks that only a mother could love.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

patful wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 15:01
Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 14:31 I can hear the teeth gnashing and the swish of fists waving and batons being smacked into the palms of hands so I'd best go... :shock:
Nah, Ron, you're not alone. While I don't have the B-17, I did buy the Connie, my favorite multi since I was a tot. While it's great to take off and land, the rest of the flight bores me to tears. I just prefer singles.
Thank you brother. :D

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

We don't know A2A Simulations could do a remake of it again for the upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 or other aircraft as well.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Could. But as high quality developers never tell us anything until it‘s close to release we can‘t plan ahead and so sometimes have to make decisions. I won‘t upgrade to v5 because I know how long A2A take for updates and I’m simply not willing to lose my P51 and Cub again. And so I don‘t want to lose all my other aircraft I love just because of some better performance and badly sloped runways.

Marco909
Airman First Class

Post by Marco909 »

P3d v4 is my last flight sim - having gone through FSX, P3D v2, 3 and 4 I'm just going to leave it there. The B-17 is a big favourite, also the P-47 (anything with round engines) and it pained me that they remain FSX only even though some have managed to make them work in P3D without the full accusim experience. With v5 and the new Microsoft flight sim I wonder if we will see backwards compatibility with earlier versions of P3D. It would be nice to know, otherwise for me it's off to Aeroplane Heaven for their Fort and Jug. I'd rather not have to :cry:

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

I agree long flights in the big bombers can be a bit dull at times.
That is why the A2A B-17 was such a great airplane.
The in depth systems and Accusim features kept me occupied and interested.
Always a challenge to try and fly her by the book.
The complex systems of the P-47 were a joy as well.
As a real world pilot I like some systems depth in my flight simming.

Ctrl E and go is not for me!

I really miss the Accusim B-17 and P-47 since switching to P3D.
I don’t miss all of FSX’s shortcomings!
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

I've found the trick to keeping things interesting is the flight duration. I don't fly anywhere that takes longer than about an hour and ten minutes or so to get to. Helps cut down on the droning part no matter what I'm flying

But regards the OP, here's to hoping the B-17 is revived in a future update.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”