Here we go again

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
LouP
Senior Airman

Here we go again

Post by LouP »

So not sure what happened this time but all my A2A aircraft would not work (again) so I thought I would just take advantage and uninstalled all of my aircraft and later re-installed them to a new SSD as I was getting a bit short of my C drive. Well nothing is working after re-installing my A2A products. I love this stuff but it is starting to get a bit tiring having to go through this every few months. Do I have too many products?

LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Here we go again

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello LouP,

If you're experiencing regular problems such as this is probably either because other software on your system is involved (for example, antivirus software 'quarantining' files) or changes are being made elsewhere (for example other add-ons being installed or modified).

A few questions:
  1. Is this when using P3Dv4.5?
  2. What (if any) modifications have you made to the default scenario in the sim?
  3. What other add-ons launch when P3D is loaded?
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Nick,

I feel like a pita with this stuff but wish it weren't so. This is with P3D 4.5 with hotfix 3. I have made no changes to the default flight. It is and always was the F-22 down in FL. As far as add-ons, just too many to count. I first noticed the issues right after I installed the now freeware P-40. But the most recent add-on b4 that has been the ORBX Utility called PrecipitFX. I already cleared out the flight information in my documents folder and am going to test that out now. Are there any known issues with the ORBX utility I just mentioned as that is the next suspect if clearing the previous flight folders doesn't work. Even if I have a lot of addons my thinking is that it has to be a recent item as everything was working OK not too long ago.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

That didn't work. Makes no sense why but I think it is sound related as there absolutely no sounds when opening and closing windows (shift-2, etc.). I tried to autostart the Cherokee and got a puff of black smoke and the prop did not turn at all.
Last edited by LouP on 29 Apr 2020, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Also, the Cub seems to be working just fine. Maybe I should try and re-install the ones that are not working (most of them)

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Still hung up. Question, if I migrated all of my A2A programs and aircraft to another SSD, should I still have an A2A folder in the Documents section? I do and the only aircraft that has a .dat file is the J3 cub (and that one works).

LouP

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey LouP,

Apologies for the lack of replies to your earlier posts. That's one of the reasons why it's best to post in the tech support forums if you have an issue; it's easier for us to keep track of posts there.

Yes, all the aircraft should be generating folders and .dat files in the "Documents\A2A" directory. If they're not, it's probably because something is preventing the main A2A_AccuSim.dll from writing to this location. For example, antivirus software or similar. The J-3 doesn't use this file hence the difference.

Reading back over your posts, I don't think PrecipitFX would be likely to cause any issues but I've never used it. However, it might be worth deleting the Prepar3D.cfg to get back to default settings and the original startup scenario.

Also, please can you confirm which files are present in the "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi Nick,

Sorry about placing this thread here as I didn't know which support thread to use as all except the cub are not working. I do not have any A2A folder under the P3D Addons folder as I installed all of my A2A items on a separate SSD (J: drive on my machine). However on the J: drive under the A2A gauges folder I have A2A_Accusim.dll, Windshield.dll, and a folder called accusim_xml that contains a file called code_s.xml. I think you hit on the problem as none of the aircraft are generating a .dat file. I am digging deeper to see what can be blocking the A2A_accusim.dll file. I already cleared the way for that file in Malwarebytes and am looking in Avast now.

Thanks for your help,
Lou

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

I have exclusions on in all my anti malware and anti-virus, no change. Couple of more things, first, I have the P3D SDK installed and was wondering if that would cause an issue. Also, none of the controls are moving as if they were frozen in place (yoke, etc.).

LouP

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I read somewhere recently that the F-22 causes problems when using it in your default flight. Use something simpler, such as the Commander 114 and see how you go.

Hope this helps,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 23:44 I read somewhere recently that the F-22 causes problems when using it in your default flight. Use something simpler, such as the Commander 114 and see how you go.
Funnily enough, I came to that conclusion myself. I spent hours always starting from the default flight (which used to be the "mantra") only to have numerous GDI errors. Yet - conversely - when I went to relatively heavily populated ORBX areas with almost any other aircraft, I'd get significantly less errors.

There's a lot to like in P3Dv5, but oh so many bugs!
--
Image--Image

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Adam_NZ wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 03:32
Dogsbody55 wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 23:44 I read somewhere recently that the F-22 causes problems when using it in your default flight. Use something simpler, such as the Commander 114 and see how you go.
Funnily enough, I came to that conclusion myself. I spent hours always starting from the default flight (which used to be the "mantra") only to have numerous GDI errors. Yet - conversely - when I went to relatively heavily populated ORBX areas with almost any other aircraft, I'd get significantly less errors.

There's a lot to like in P3Dv5, but oh so many bugs!
I always use my own default flight, setting it up on a default field in Conneticut, with a propeller driven plane. As V4.5 has the Commander and I have installed improved FDE for it, that's what I use. It's actually not a bad plane with AccuFeel run over it.

I think they've released the alpha version of V5. I'm not going to even think about changing until V5.1 comes out.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. All of this makes no sense and all started when I installed the P-40. I even changed my anti-virus program to another vendor to see if that helps.

LouP

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Nothing yet! I wish A2A came up with a test program that could analyze issues like this. I am not the first and won't be the last to have this kind of problem.

LouP

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”