Maps & Gps on IPad/Tablet

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
flash2
Senior Airman

Maps & Gps on IPad/Tablet

Post by flash2 »

Does anyone have information on connecting an IPad or Tablet to their computer to show external displays of Maps or GPS instead of those pop ups taking up main screen space when calling up the respective info using the Shift+ Keys in MSF?

Thanks,
flash2

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Maps & Gps on IPad/Tablet

Post by MarcE »

Having the GTN on the iPad would be a really great!

However I don‘t think you can simply drag the GPS to another device. An app would be required. So basically something for Flight1 or REX to consider.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

But you can use the Navigraph charts app on your tablet, I you want a moving map.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Little Nav Map (LNV) has a program called littlenavconnect that works on my Surface Pro 4. I start my Surface, then open LNV. Then, on my desktop, I open LNConnect. They connect. Finally, on LNV on my Surface, I open up the flight plan folder (this is the folder that is actually on my desktop) and load the flight plan. Now, when I run my sim and load the flight plan, I can look over at my Surface and see my airplane at the departure airport. I can see my airplane in flight on LNV. It's pretty cool! I can also see all my friends during a MP flight. Here's a link to the LNV manual: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/li ... NNECT.html. Dunno what to say about getting the GTN working on the remote 'puter, but LNV on the side machine, connected to the main machine with LNConnect, is pretty cool.

Seeya
ATB

CamAir
Airman

Post by CamAir »

Hi all,

Try "TWOMON USB" http://www.easynlight.com/en/twomonusb/. It works on android and Apple as well as Microsoft and Mac.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

CamAir wrote: 22 Apr 2020, 04:14 Hi all,

Try "TWOMON USB" http://www.easynlight.com/en/twomonusb/. It works on android and Apple as well as Microsoft and Mac.
That certainly looks interesting! Thanks for the link, I‘ll try it!

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Thanks for all of the above. I will give it a try. I tried FlightPlanGO and it appears to be more for the professional pilot but there is a sim section which I almost got working but complex.

flash2

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

I use this - https://www.fsxflight.com/ - to connect the Foreflight on my iPad to the sim. Works great.

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

P3D will broadcast your GPS position to your network.
I use ForeFlight on my iPad while sim flying.
I’m sure it will work with other apps as well.
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

thunderstreak wrote: 03 May 2020, 21:31 P3D will broadcast your GPS position to your network.
I use ForeFlight on my iPad while sim flying.
I’m sure it will work with other apps as well.
Yes it will also work very well with Skydemon using the freeware utility fsx2skydemon for connection. In order to get AI Traffic onto FF or SD the payware utility xmapsy makes a great job.

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

If you want a good map application (but without GPS functionality and monthly subscriptions) Remote Flight is my choice. Cheap and versatile and easy to use.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”