Very new and unfamiliar..

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
plugg1290
Airman Basic

Very new and unfamiliar..

Post by plugg1290 »

I just discovered A2A Simulations, I have decided to join and purchase The Accu-sim C182 Skylane (FSX).
How is Downoad and Installation carried out??? I use FSX:SE windows 10

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Very new and unfamiliar..

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome,

after you purchase you can then download from your account. The download is the standard type of installer inside a zip file. Simply follow the onscreen instructions to install, your FSX will normally be dectected automatically and the software installed.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello plugg1290 and welcome to the A2A forums! :)

If you've purchased the Accu-Sim 182 from our store here, you should find a download link to the product in the "My Account" section on the site. You'll need to click this link and save the zipped file somewhere on your computer. Once you've done this, right click the file and extract it to a folder on your computer, and then run the installer which is inside.

Once you've done this, restart your PC and then download the update which is available here and run it in exactly the same way.

Once installed, if you start FSX you should find the A2A Cessna 172 is available in the list of available aircraft.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. cross-posted at the same time as Lewis.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Your response wins though Nick hehe.

Basic over-view when in doubt ask, we are here to help 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

plugg1290
Airman Basic

Post by plugg1290 »

Thank you for responding.. The Cessna C182T is amazing, I enjoy flying this aircraft, very well crafted.
I am however missing the preflight/walkaround and the Hanger
features... Is there a fix for this?

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

plugg1290 wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 14:52 Thank you for responding.. The Cessna C182T is amazing, I enjoy flying this aircraft, very well crafted.
I am however missing the preflight/walkaround and the Hanger
features... Is there a fix for this?
They should be available with the Shift+7 and 8 hotkeys. If you can‘t see them check in your sim settings that 2D panels are not 100% transparent, this might be the case.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

plugg1290 wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 07:09 I just discovered A2A Simulations, I have decided to join and purchase The Accu-sim C182 Skylane (FSX).
Plugg,

Are you new to flight simulation or have been playing in another flight sim platform?

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

plugg1290
Airman Basic

Post by plugg1290 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 06:50
plugg1290 wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 07:09 I just discovered A2A Simulations, I have decided to join and purchase The Accu-sim C182 Skylane (FSX).
Plugg,

Are you new to flight simulation or have been playing in another flight sim platform?

Scott
I am new to A2A Simulations... I have had the pasts versions of MSFS, I currently use FSX:SE
I've added a couple of aircrafts ... But this Accu-Sim C182T is amazing.

Aeschylus
Airman

Post by Aeschylus »

Welcome Plugg.

My first sim was Sublogic's Flight Simlator II (1983), and then a bit later Flight Simulator 4.0 for the Macintosh. I thought they were the height of realism then. I even made some hardware panels and practiced ATC calls (to myself, no online flying back then).

Skip a couple of decades, then returned simming with with FSX-SE and now I use P3Dv4.5, and I'll be upgrading to v5 this year probably.

The learning curve with FSX-SE was significant. I had to learn a lot about the ecosystem of products and addons that enhance the default simulator. Not just aircraft (and learning about which developers provide real quality, like A2A), but also for weather, camera/viewing programs, scenery, utilities like FSUIPC, online flying networks, navigation databases and charting, the simulator file structure, etc. Most I learned by reading forums and manuals, watching videos and of course trial and error. Its not difficult, just takes time.

Good controllers make a huge difference - and I found early on that using hall-effect hardware (joystick in my case) were key, especially with A2A aircraft. I had a lot of trouble finessing short field takeoffs and smooth touchdowns with joysticks that used purely resistive components. Rudder pedals helped too. Also, turning down scenery settings (especially so for FSX, because even though it is an older simulator it seems to put a massive demand on computing resources) so that you get reasonably smooth FPS was important for flight dynamics realism.

If I could start over I would have gone directly to P3D rather than FSX, but I didn't even know it existed at the time!

plugg1290
Airman Basic

Post by plugg1290 »

Hello Aeschylus,

My story starts back in the days of Sub-Logic as well, Somewhere in1988, Then I moved on to FS'95, '98, 2000, 2002...I skipped 2004 (century) and 2006 FSX (boxed). So now I fly FSX:SE(as of October 2018). I've learned alot from reading, You tube, And a few of my pilot friends, Air shows/ The annual Lakeland Fly-in.
Back in the Day I was against any add-ons due to performance and compatibility issues. Different Story today with high speed internet/Windows 10/better computers-CPU(I'm learning) I have added Active Sky Next, GSX lvl2, A few well modded Aircrafts. Recently discovered A2A Simulations, The Accu-Sim Aircrafts are amazing.
I Really didn't want to learn a new FS Software after 30+ yrs. of Microsoft Flight sim. But the X-Plane Video/Demos are very realistic or more realistic. Switching is being considered.
I still fly with a joystick, Several actually(3)... For the use of additional sliders for Throttle, Prop control and mixture control. I program the extra buttons for other functions, Such as flaps, Trim and various autopilot functions. I have it all connected to a great sound system with amazing sound. Short of pedals and custom a instrument panels my home simulator gets the job done.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Like a lot of the others, I, too, have been with Flight Simulator since the subLogic days(and even Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Simulator), and like a lot of people here we've been with A2A since their previous iteration, Shockwave Productions. I own more than a few of A2A's aircraft, mostly the warbirds, but I own the Comanche as well, and I can assure you that they are all worth it. Since you are new, and it is free currently, I'd suggest that you pick up the A2A P-40 Warhawk as well. Each A2A aircraft is a living breathing machine with its own unique personality. The C172 is great for cutting your teeth, and the P-40 has a "farm tractor of the sky" feel to it, very rugged and solid. You can not go wrong with any of the aircraft, just buy the ones that tickle your fancy and go from there, and do not feel the pressure to own them all, I don't, I only own the ones that represent aircraft that I like, which is why I don't own the Spitfire, P-47 or C-182 or C-172. The warbirds are a handful but the satisfaction you get from getting one off the ground from cold and dark, is so much fun that it doesn't feel like work, and the more you practice the better you get at each and every one of them. My next purchase will be the Bonanza but, I am waiting for P3Dv5 to stabilize and see what the MSFS has up its sleeve.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”