[Updated 7 June: fourth batch of P3Dv5 installers available] Prepar3D v5 and A2A Simulations

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: [Updated 14 April 2020 with info for current P3Dv4 users] P3Dv5 and A2A Simulations

Post by lonewulf47 »

Thanks a lot, Nick. That indeed did the trick ! I wasn't aware of that. There are also a few changes within SimConnect and I use the new SimConnect.dll on all A2A A/C, but obviously that was not (yet) it... :D . Thanks a lot for your expertise !
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: [Updated 14 April 2020 with info for current P3Dv4 users] P3Dv5 and A2A Simulations

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Oskar! Yeah, I only realised they'd made this change yesterday. :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

I did the 'copy A2A add-on' folder from v4 to v5. On first startup of pp3D v5, all worked fine, (flew some a2a airplanes). After shutting down the sim; On the next session, I run pp3d. V5, there is no A2A airplane in the 'Vehicle selection', window.
When I go to the V5 add-on folder, the a2a folder copied from V4.5 is there but unless I delete the folder, start up the sim, shut it down and then copy the a2a folder again, the a2a airplanes do not show up.

Obviously, this is not a practical solution, any help would be appreciated.
I have not tried the 'XML' method as I am not very computer literate, and every time I have tried editing an XML file, it has always ended in grief.

Thanks,
Robin.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

supersym2
Airman

Post by supersym2 »

Hi !
Don't you see an big drop of the fps ?
With my settings I'm at 55 fps with the Maule (default aircraft) and at 33 fps with the Piper J3...
In P3Dv4 I havn't no significantly drop of fps...

j0nx
Airman Basic

Post by j0nx »

With my 172 I am getting massive bloom in the cockpit from the glare lights I think? It's unusable for me like this because it drowns out the whole cockpit. There's something not compatible with the 172 and p3d5. Anyone else getting this or know a way to work around it? The 172 is the only bird I care to fly.

CCIP
Airman Basic

Post by CCIP »

Hi, just a quick question:

For those of us who've never had P3D v4 (I've just made the jump straight from FSX to v5), is there any way to get the installers to work at the moment - or do we have to wait for an update?

I was hoping to try AccuFeel on the new platform in particular, since I consider it pretty essential - but no luck, as the installer does not recognize v5 as a valid P3D v4 installation (it's not wrong, though one interesting note is quite a bunch of other add-ons I tried so far did recognize v5 as v4 and installed). Tried the P-40 for a test - and much the same result.

Either way, looking forward to when v5 is officially supported - really looking forward to getting the A2A birds in there. And not to forget AccuFeel as well, hopefully!

Fast_Eddy
Airman Basic

Post by Fast_Eddy »

j0nx wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 15:57 With my 172 I am getting massive bloom in the cockpit from the glare lights I think? It's unusable for me like this because it drowns out the whole cockpit. There's something not compatible with the 172 and p3d5. Anyone else getting this or know a way to work around it? The 172 is the only bird I care to fly.
Same issue here. There is no cockpit lighting at night with the exception of gauge lighting. No pedestal or dash lighting

PolynesianPinball
Airman Basic

Post by PolynesianPinball »

Joined just to post this, hope this helps everyone here waiting for the update. I just jumped into P3D at V5 and being excited and not looking after seeing the word "compatible", I bought Connie. After calming down I realized unless I had V4 I was going to be waiting a while to fly this gem, so I did a little digging and found something I believe will help. It's a tutorial on how to install V4 modules in V5. I was able to install PMDG's DC-6 and thought this workaround would work for A2A's P40 and L049 I own AND IT DOES! So I hope this brings some fun and smiles to a few peeps out there!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTsDNwhAsVE (Tutorial - How to install PMDG Aircraft in Prepar3d V5)

amanlulo
Airman Basic

Post by amanlulo »

Hi,
just copied and aste into the Add-ons P3D 5 folder ALL the A2A folders; well, whwnever I apply the Autostart to the Connie, after a short while, engines stop to run.
Did I forgot something?
Thanks for any help & regards,
Fulvio

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

It might be noteworthy that when using the present P3DV4 installers, the "good old" method of first loading a default A/C and THEN change in-game to any other complex A/C like the A2A model has become more important again. I'm not completely sure but it might be that this is still a general requirement for all A2A models. Although I must admit that I didn't stick to this during all P3DV4 operations, now with P3DV5 I often saw sone weird misbehaving when trying to load an A/C directly from the GUI. With a default A/C loaded first and then in-sim loading the desired A2A model, I couldn't detect any misbehaviour, maybe except for some items not correctly stored between flights. But that's manageable... :D The rest of the operation is flawless - at least as far I could see.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

amanlulo
Airman Basic

Post by amanlulo »

Hi,
thanks for your reply and explanation. I'll retry this way.
regards,
Fulvio
Of course hope we'll soon get new installers :D

j0nx
Airman Basic

Post by j0nx »

To solve the massive bloom problem in the cockpit when HDR and dynamic lights are enabled you have to delete all of the *light.fx files from the effects folder. When I did that it fixed the issue with the 172. I don't fly at night so any loss of night lighting in the cockpit won't bother me. I will wait for a V5 compatible bird because this little dude has some issues in V5 for now.

amanlulo
Airman Basic

Post by amanlulo »

Hi,
thanks to al of you; since ev'ry pc is a world apart (a s I learned in different situations), in my case Connie behaves like a crazy horse. The engines does work as they like. In the end, I'll wait for a new installer; I like too much Connie, to let her in the hangar!
regards,
Fulvio

Sheldo
Airman Basic

Post by Sheldo »

Hi, Can you please help me I am trying to re-install my A2A products and keep hitting the same problem the auto-selected directory is "greyed out" and is pointing me to a directory that does not exist anymore ?

How do I reset/clear this direction as delete is not possible it's for use in P3D v4.5 and/or v5 ?

Best regards

KeithImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sheldo wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 10:56 Hi, Can you please help me I am trying to re-install my A2A products and keep hitting the same problem the auto-selected directory is "greyed out" and is pointing me to a directory that does not exist anymore ?

How do I reset/clear this direction as delete is not possible it's for use in P3D v4.5 and/or v5 ?

Best regards

KeithImage
Hi Keith,

Best if you can start a new topic in one of tech support forums and let us now whether you have P3Dv4 still installed on your system, or just P3Dv5.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”