P40: a nice relief from an overworked first responder

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
FireRescue85
Senior Airman

P40: a nice relief from an overworked first responder

Post by FireRescue85 »

To the staff at A2A:

Not sure if you guys will read this, but just wanted to throw it out there that seeing the P40 for free was some of the first good news I've had in the last month since COVID-19 hit the U.S. hard. I can honestly say that being able to play around with it for an hour today was a welcomed distraction from what has become "the new normal".

Things haven't been easy here, especially over the last few weeks. As a firefighter/EMT, we've been seeing an influx of calls (mostly with good intent) from people who think every cough or sniffle is this new disease. Needless to say we've been quite busy. Add to that, with all the businesses shut down and people home, residential structure fires have increased as well. I suppose the one good thing is that our car accident rate has been nonexistent for the last two weeks. My other job as a fire marshal is in complete disarray, as with businesses shutting down or going into isolation, fire inspections can't take place and need to be rescheduled, which is causing havoc for those businesses who require quarterly inspections of fire suppression equipment to keep their licenses (daycare's, healthcare facilities, etc.) My fiance as a Physician Assistant has been working 50+ hour weeks with the influx of sick people as well, leaving both of us exhausted from the increased workload.

On a personal note: my fiance and I just moved into our first home, but this happy event is overshadowed by the complications and disappointments caused by COVID-19: a canceled bridal shower, a canceled honeymoon, and a rather certain disposition that our wedding in two months will be 1/30th the scale we wanted (immediate family only)....that is, if we are even able to have a gathering of more than 10 people by then.

My apologies for the rant, I just wanted to say in no uncertain terms that this small act of kindness by your company was an appreciated gesture and happy distraction, while essentially every other facet of my working life is dissolving to uncertainty.

And to everyone else on this forum: I hope you and yours stay safe and healthy.

Regards,
-Scott
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: P40: a nice relief from an overworked first responder

Post by TreeTops »

Great post Scott. All the best for the upcoming wedding.
I have had a lean 2 something years of not much flying as the passion ran lean, but this year its been slowly back on the increase. Being stuck at home will help add some hours flying.
Its great to see so many people take advantage of the P40 offer which is very generous. One thing i didnt lose my passion for was following other people's love of flying.
So many posts about how this plane works is good to see. Hopefully there are many who are trying A2A for the first time, unable to justify paying a premium price for premium aircraft, and seeing what the fuss has been about for the past 10+ years. Hours flown per dollar is what counts, and also the quality of fun had for each of those hours.
I see by your sig. that you are a love of 4 prop planes also. i am planning to do some supply runs in the Guppy to keep stocks up in remote places.

It seems the world is splitting into those who have too much to do and those who have to sit idle. Just keep in mind, that all of us stuck at home are willing all you workers on to do your best.
Stay safe mate.
Cheers from Perth, Western Australia
Last edited by TreeTops on 25 Mar 2020, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Trev

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Scott, thank you and your fiance both for what you do. Stay safe and healthy!

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

The happiest wedding to you Scott and your future bride during these difficult times
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

@Firerescue85: I promise you just made Scott Gentile's day with this. Well, probably his whole week too. :wink:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the post Scott - it's much appreciated as are the tremendous efforts of those like yourself and your fiancee.

Best of luck with your upcoming nuptials, whenever they can take place and I hope that fiddling with the hydraulic pump in the P-40 gives you some welcome distractions in the meantime! :)

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hope you enjoy the P-40, and on the otherside of all this I look forward to you tongue in cheeky mentioning the mrs as much as the rest of us married folk often do :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”