Error 525 for forum and site

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Error 525 for forum and site

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello guys,

I get frequently on different browsers:

Error 525 Ray ID: 576ef8e56f11e17e • 2020-03-20 11:07:55 UTC
SSL handshake failed

when I try resolving the forum page or the https://a2asimulations.com/my-account/
Please advise is the issue on my "TV set" lets say my public IP is blacklisted! Thanks

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: Error 525 for forum and site

Post by TymK »

Hi Vladi,

It appears that the release of the free P-40 (a classy move, BTW!) has caused a huge surge in traffic that overwhelmed the servers. It's been happening for everyone since the release...

HTH,
Tym

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont think its A2A fault either , last time this happened it was a problem with the web service provider that A2A use , and last time the web server blamed bots attack.
regards alan. 8)

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

I'm getting this error a lot also (most likely simply the volume of traffic) ... but I find refreshing the page usually brings it up.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

i got the same message a few times too

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

It looks like the server issue again. It has been going on for a couple days now. Hope Scott or somebody is reading the mail on this.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

This is what Nick had to say in another part of the site:
Nick - A2A wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 03:38
rhenson529 wrote: 19 Mar 2020, 23:14 I'm receiving an SSL cert 525 error when trying to select it at the store.
I'm afraid our site is under unprecedented load because of the P-40 giveaway, so if you can't access the product on the store please try again a bit later.

Thanks,
Nick
Hook

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Guys,

Yes, downloads of the free P-40 have hit our file and website hosting service a bit harder than anticipated and various internet services are under increased pressure at the moment due to the number of people who are at home due to the COVID-19 control measures around the world. For example, even Netflix is reducing streaming quality here in Europe.

We're in the process of trying to bring in additional file hosting capacity, but please bear with us in the meantime. :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Thanks, Nick.

I get the error fairly often but I just refresh the page and it usually comes up on the first refresh. I've had worse problems with my Internet. :D

Edit: For example, I got the error when I clicked on Submit for this post, but I refreshed the page and the post was already there. If in doubt, select your post text and copy it so that if it totally disappears you'll won't have to re-compose the post.

Edit2: Then I got it again when I submitted the above edit. This time I had to confirm that I wanted to re-submit the "form" information. No harm, no foul.

Hook

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

after some new measures today the tidal wave of traffic, that has far surpassed any previous records by thousands of percent, should now be sorted and normal service will resume 8)

Sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully a lot of happy simmers are able to enjoy a new aircraft now and in the coming days and weeks. :D

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 20 Mar 2020, 14:57 Hello,

after some new measures today the tidal wave of traffic, that has far surpassed any previous records by thousands of percent, should now be sorted and normal service will resume 8)

Sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully a lot of happy simmers are able to enjoy a new aircraft now and in the coming days and weeks. :D

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hi Lewis,

sorry to me it looks like the web site issue is still ongoing. very slow response times and every second click produces this error message:

Chears Andreas

P.S: a very big thank you for your A2A P40 giveaway!!!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We're been working with our provider on this issue for the past day. Our P-40 launch took down the server but it appears once the smoke cleared something "broke" during the process. We're working on this today as well and if we can't find a solution we're just going to migrate to a new server.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 06:35 We're been working with our provider on this issue for the past day. Our P-40 launch took down the server but it appears once the smoke cleared something "broke" during the process. We're working on this today as well and if we can't find a solution we're just going to migrate to a new server.
It's a shame such a generous gesture has caused you so much grief!!! If nothing else, though, it shows just how popular A2A is as a developer and, coincidentally, how good the P-40 is.

All the best to you [all] in these troubled times.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I think the issue is with Cloudflare. That service is rather draconian at best. I have
run into issues with it on another site as well. I am finding that now when I get the
Cloudfare error that if I just hit my browser refresh function the desired page will
open.

Paul

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey peoples, yes sorry the 525 error is still occurring though a lot less than normal. Just hit refresh and you will then normally load up very quickly. Its an intermittent issue, all related to the P-40 offer. We and our hosts are trying there best to keep things as normal as possible.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”