Thanks for the P-40!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
wrkempson
Airman First Class

Re: Thanks for the P-40!

Post by wrkempson »

Yes, add me to the list of the thankful. I had great fun flying the P-40, did a loop, some stalls and tried to improve the landing. The nose puts Jimmy Durante to shame, but that just makes for a challenge that is more fun. Of course, my fun decreased when other A2A aircraft stopped working correctly. My P-51 military, Cherokee 180 and Cessna 172 lost the sound of switches in the cockpit, the fuel booster pump stopped working, the MP guage went erratic. After a while switches did not even respond to mouse clicks, and that's when I stopped exploring. A folder titled "Unknown" was added along with a file by the same "Unknown" title in the other aircraft folders. I thought that strange. After a day of enjoyable putzing around inside the computer, I finally figured out how to uninstall the P-40 (which did not fix the other problems). In the end I re-installed the P-51 and Cherokee. They are back with all features working. I know there is no way the P-40 could have caused all these problems, but it was interesting. Computers seem to have a mind (?) of their own sometimes. Please do not take this as any kind of complaint, I only share an experience.

But thank you indeed for the generous offering. I had fun while it lasted and that's what counts. Deep down I hope A2A is working on aircraft for MSFS2020. If so, I plan to do my part to get the economy back up and running with several purchases.

Wayne

Buffalo Alien
Airman

Post by Buffalo Alien »

Thank you A2A for the P-40. Very much appreciated! Beautiful plane.

@wrkempson after I installed the P-40 audio went out in my Cherokee 180 also. I ran the "A2A_Update_02_04_19" which did update the P-40, rebooted, and voila, audio was back in the Cherokee.
P3Dv5, DCS World, ED Odyssey, MSFS PC & Xbox Series X. Win 11 23H2, ASRock B550AM, AMD Ryzen7 3700X 3.6 GHz, AMD Radeon RX5700, 64 GB DDR4 3000 MHz, ASUS TUF 23.8 x2, TM Hotas Warthog, TM TFRP, Xbox Elite Controller 2, TM TFlight Hotas One, MX Mech.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Always run the updater after you install an aircraft from A2A. P3D or FSX. The updates fix discovered glitches and bugs . The glitches with the mesh mapping in the P-40 for instance.

Steve.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, the updater should be run after every new A2A install for FSX. It will correct and update all files for the new addition. You can/will encounter issues without running the updater dependant on your Accu-sim fleet for FSX.

P3Dv4 has a different updater method via the updater under the windows start menu for your P3Dv4 fleet.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

wrkempson
Airman First Class

Post by wrkempson »

Honest, I thought I did run the updater. But I am as sure of that as I am that I remembered to put the garage door down. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Anyway, with nothing in particular to lose I think I will install the P-40 one more time and then make double sure I run the update. I might write it down on my hand or something. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks for the feedback.

Wayne

EDIT: Yep, that was the problem.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”