Photobucket Users - aircraft repainters especially

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Photobucket Users - aircraft repainters especially

Post by Al FR-153 »

Especially those that repaint aircraft,

Have you wondered why your Photobucket linked photos have been blurred of late? I just found out. Photobucket, although I have been a customer for many years, upped their prices, changed their programs, and now restrict your use by blurring your photos and not permitting you to link to your photos for use on this or any other forum until you UPGRADE your account (pay more). I am so mad at this minute that I could scream, and I did just that at Photobucket. There, to the best of my knowledge, was no notification of their intent to do this, even when I renewed my account in December. Just suddenly, I could not link to my photos and investigated as to why. I also, while in the mood let them know that their site being down at least twice recently, was not acceptable as well. Okay, with that off my chest, I will go take another dose of blood pressure medicine.

Al

PS I also informed Photobucket that I would be moving my photos ASAP
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Photobucket Users - aircraft repainters especially

Post by jcblom »

I had a photobucket account as well, but when they changed the policy/pricing scheme a few years ago to totally unreasonble conditions I switched immediately. I have a flickr account now, no problems so far
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

jcblom wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 17:12 I had a photobucket account as well, but when they changed the policy/pricing scheme a few years ago to totally unreasonble conditions I switched immediately. I have a flickr account now, no problems so far
There is a price increase here as well. An increase of about $25 per year for the same POOR service that I had last year. There were two occasions where Photobucket was down for days upon days. During those days, the photos were blurred as well. Maybe they were on a 'training flight' for this weeks actions, not sure. I too went through the previous upgrade blackmail but I bit the bullet and accepted the fact. This time though, with the blurring, not allowing me to link, or download them to my own computer was the last straw. Thank you for the suggestion, I will certainly take that into consideration.
Al Heline

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Yeah. I changed to imjur in July 2017 for the same reasons. Sometimes, I link images to my Dropbox account as well.

Steve.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I moved to ImageShack about three years ago and have been very pleased with their service and cost, so far. I use it mostly to post pictures of my model builds and converted all my builds over to this site at that time. The blurriness of Photobucket's displays now has become a real problem when researching other people's builds, and none of us on that forum still use that company's services.

Here's the plane I'm working on just now:

And one I've just finished a month ago:

And one I finished around the end of November 2019:

No blurries :lol:

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yer I had to stop using photobucket, they priced themselves out of the market, it was all over the news a few years back, I cant imagine how bad things got for them when everyone switched :?

Btw, I love those model shots 8) 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Photobucket can kiss my rosy red butt ! Like most of you I gave them up years ago. There's lots of free photo posting services out there. I have been using postimage.org and I'm very happy with it for my purposes. Did I say photobucket can kiss my rosy red butt ! :D

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I quit using Photobucket long ago myself.

Every time I see a Photobucket logo on a posted pic I want to make a post asking people to boycott Photobucket. As far as I'm concerned, showing that logo on so many pics is just telling everyone not to use Photobucket.

It's too bad, really.

Hook

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I might post no more than two or three flight sim images a month. I wonder what would be the best image service for a casual user such as myself?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

bullfox wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 15:43 I might post no more than two or three flight sim images a month. I wonder what would be the best image service for a casual user such as myself?
I've been using Postimages for a fair while now. It's free ... https://postimages.org/

There's a little dance you have to do to get a decent URL for posting in forums, but it's not too onerous:

1) From your thumbnails list, choose your pic then right mouse click on it to bring up the full size view (I open it in a new browser tab).
2) Right mouse click on the "Download original image" link and use the browser "Copy link location".
3) Paste the URL into your post, using either the image toolbar icon or manually between img tags.

Adam.
--
Image--Image

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Thank you all.

Going to work this morning to drain my Photobucket account ASAP.

Michael - That is taking aircraft repainting to the next level. Great shots and great work.
Al Heline

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Smugmug,,,cost a bit but reliable
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Al FR-153 wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 05:37 Thank you all.

Going to work this morning to drain my Photobucket account ASAP.

Michael - That is taking aircraft repainting to the next level. Great shots and great work.
Thanks Al. Mine is a very different skill set to painting flight sim models. It's very analogue, though the digital age has helped immensely with being better able to share techniques and many other things as well. But I also know well how much skill is required to paint FS models. I used to be a pen pal with the late Frank Gonzalez who's paints for classic Connies were so good. He had heaps of troubles when he started out, but as with my models, persistence pays off. Above all else, whatever your hobby is, when you love what you do, you always want to improve. I've only been building models for 58 years, and I'm finally getting to be reasonably good at it :lol: .

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”