Loving the Jug

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
edakridge
Airman Basic

Loving the Jug

Post by edakridge »

Even after all these years the P-47 is a joy to fly!

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Loving the Jug

Post by Skycat »

Agreed!
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I still have trouble with her, all pilot error of course haha 8) :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Prob my favorite warbird of the lot. I do miss it since switching to P3d. I hear dcs world has one in the works
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

If you do not use full flaps or Accu sim, then she will work in P3d v4. If you apply full flaps then you won't get off the ground and if you are already in the air, then you drop like a stone. Straight down.

Oh! The fuel system does not work either. You have to use the sim menu for that. So yeah. It depends on how desperate you are I guess.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

It's funny to find out about this topic, since two days I've relaunched my FSX Acc in order to make some flights on the B377, P-47 and B-17.

I didn't remember the depth of the simulation in the B377, it's very fine, subtle... It's exciting to fly without the help of the CP.

The P-47 was my first A2A aircraft. The sound of the engine is simply fantastic. Climbing and flying at more than 30000 feet with the turbo is a delight as well as the management of the different flaps, cowler and so.

I'm about to make a flight with the B-17, I think I'm going to have some work to get back to my habits with her :lol: .

For sure it's always possible to fly these aircraft in FSX (that's why it's always installed), the problem is that sometimes the OOM is not far away. My last flight with the P-47 resulted in a beautiful Oom during the approach to YBCG with the ORBX Golden Coast scene :mrgreen: .

Because of this and other problems, these planes are cruelly missing in P3Dv4.5.

Hopefully one day maybe... :)
Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

DrumsArt wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 09:50 It's funny to find out about this topic, since two days I've relaunched my FSX Acc in order to make some flights on the B377, P-47 and B-17.

I didn't remember the depth of the simulation in the B377, it's very fine, subtle... It's exciting to fly without the help of the CP.

The P-47 was my first A2A aircraft. The sound of the engine is simply fantastic. Climbing and flying at more than 30000 feet with the turbo is a delight as well as the management of the different flaps, cowler and so.

I'm about to make a flight with the B-17, I think I'm going to have some work to get back to my habits with her :lol: .

For sure it's always possible to fly these aircraft in FSX (that's why it's always installed), the problem is that sometimes the OOM is not far away. My last flight with the P-47 resulted in a beautiful Oom during the approach to YBCG with the ORBX Golden Coast scene :mrgreen: .

Because of this and other problems, these planes are cruelly missing in P3Dv4.5.

Richard.
Hopefully one day very soon. I tried installing it into P3DV4.5 recently with no luck whatsoever, but Bladerunner900's description of it and stuff not working make it all sound like it would be too frustrating anyway.

So come on, A2A, and at least let us know you're working on updating it.

Still hopeful,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

DrumsArt wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 09:50 It's funny to find out about this topic, since two days I've relaunched my FSX Acc in order to make some flights on the B377, P-47 and B-17.

Richard.
I had the same problem. Flew the B377 right across Australia and 40nm out from the Gold Coast i got OOM. Lost all my hours and no career log. I would love these 3 planes to be bought over to P3Dv4.
Cheers
Trev

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Another Jug lover here..
Image2019-12-18_22-42-17-269

I love it in P3Dv5, even without accusim, I think it is still my favorite A2A aircraft
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

jcblom wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 13:59 Another Jug lover here..

I love it in P3Dv5, even without accusim, I think it is still my favorite A2A aircraft
I'd love to give it a try too, despite it's deficiencies in P3D. But as I don't have FSX on my system I can't install it. Tried installing it, but no cigar. One of the things I miss is the great paints for it. I had aver 100 in FSX. :cry: :cry:

Still waiting for an update from A2A. The silence is deafening.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 20:41
jcblom wrote: 27 Feb 2020, 13:59 Another Jug lover here..

I'd love to give it a try too, despite it's deficiencies in P3D. But as I don't have FSX on my system I can't install it. Tried installing it, but no cigar. One of the things I miss is the great paints for it. I had aver 100 in FSX. :cry: :cry:

Still waiting for an update from A2A. The silence is deafening.

Cheers,
Mike
Yes you can. Simply create a text file, rename it to „FSX.exe“ and place it in your P3D folder. If the installer doesn‘t recognize it copy the P3D.exe and rename it.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

And why not a new paintjob?
Imagejk5312

Imagejk5318
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

jcblom wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 14:06 And why not a new paintjob?
Imagejk5312

Imagejk5318
+1 8)
Richard
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

jcblom wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 14:06 And why not a new paintjob?
Imagejk5312

Imagejk5318
Why not, indeed!! Nice paint job :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

MarcE wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 12:28

Yes you can. Simply create a text file, rename it to „FSX.exe“ and place it in your P3D folder. If the installer doesn‘t recognize it copy the P3D.exe and rename it.
Thanks MarcE. As written, your suggestion didn't work. Previously I've also tried copying the FSX exe file directly from that sim to P3D V4.3, with no luck. But I tried it again just now in V4.5 that I've installed a month ago and it's now loaded into that sim. Go figure :roll: . So I'll be giving this a good bash tonight to see how it goes.

This is all very strange as something that didn't work before in V4.3 now works in V4.5. Ditto with trying to change from, say, the Comanche to the Bonanza in V4.3 I got a black screen and CTD, but in V4.5, it all works well. Computers...... :? :? :?

Thanks for your help, again. Success in the end :D
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”