Microsoft Flight Simulator - Aerodynamics

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Aerodynamics

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Found this video for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 features. I personally like how they show the airflow around terrain and clouds, also how the 172 freezes over with ice. It looks very eye candy, lets hope it is going to be a good successor for FSX. :wink:

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator - Aerodynamics

Post by n421nj »

It does look good but the more I see the more I’m thinking this will be a subscription not a flat purchase
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi n421nj,

Do you think so? They can forget me then, I am moving to P3D, if this would be the case :)

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Last edited by patful on 14 Feb 2020, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'm suspecting subscription also; from what I've been told the replacement for Windows 10 is even going to be subscription.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

If it is subscription then I shan't bother. As for subscribing to Windows I think, or hope, that is just for upgrading from Pro to Enterprise.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Guys, this will not be a subscription service. The only subscription you'll need is for your internet at whatever speed you want to be able to stream the data. There are several other games coming online that use streaming of major amounts of assets like MSFS 2020 is going to do which also aren't subscription-based business models, so Microsoft won't be doing anything new. In fact, one game I've been part of early access for, Star Citizen (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/) streams all of its assets in and out and does a lot of server-side computing to make the experience much more immersive because the servers can crunch so much more raw data than most PCs can. The base game takes about 55GB on your drive. That's 1/10th of say GTA 5 (over 500GB drive) and about 20% of my current P3D installation (~350GB).

I know there are people who will not believe it, but bandwidth is still pretty cheap, especially for companies like Microsoft who buy it in massive amounts. The only place we have bandwidth limitations today is over wireless connections. There is still plenty of bandwidth available via "wired" connections and it's only expanding. "Cloud Computing" costs are plummeting to the point that individuals can afford to have their own AWS subscription.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”