C172/182 move seats up please

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: C172/182 move seats up please

Post by MarcE »

Anyone who has flown a C182 or C172 know to slide all the way back to get in and out but must slide forward to reach the pedals.
Agree.. in a Cessna I usually sit very close to the front end of the door.. in the A2A version I sit way too far back. This helps the view with the high wings in standard 2D but in VR it feels very wrong, the panel is way too far away, normally you can almost dig your teeth into the panel ceiling. The cabin feels too stretched. I'm 1,80m tall. The Pipers and the Bo are fine.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

This is the view in VR.. zooming in is not possible as it would kind of warp the view... moving the eyepoint won't help either as the airplane is still stretched.

No idea if this is even solvable but that's how it actually is..

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Looks perfect to me! - Manute Bol :mrgreen:

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

MarcE wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 21:50
This is the view in VR.. zooming in is not possible as it would kind of warp the view... moving the eyepoint won't help either as the airplane is still stretched.

No idea if this is even solvable but that's how it actually is..
Would you mind taking the same pic in a piper and bo to show the comparison?
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

MarcE make sure to move the seats as you do in the real aircraft. Move to get comfortable and then hit reset view. This is kinda something all VR users have to do be it sim flying, racing or almost any seated position. games and even several standing ones. What ive found works best a a lot of the time is closing my eyes to sit forward naturally and then hitting re-center view. If you dont close your eyes you can sometimes get distracted by what you are seeing and end up somewhat tilted thinking you are facing forward.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Just want to point out one more time. I am not asking for a fix to the current C172 or C182 addons. That is not what this post is about. While they could use a fix to this issue, the whole reason for this post is to provide feedback to A2A of an issue that is seen in VR more so than in 2D, what the issue seems to be and in hopes that if they are going to release it in MSFS2020 with new updates like PBR, Dynamic lighting and new accusim gauges etc, please consider fixing this issue to bring the plane up to the same standards as the other A2A planes. To do so would require moving the eyepoint forward and moving the seats forward on the floor slider in the VC.

Now to show the difference of the various models I used the default 2D views and then in VR put my head against a wall in my simpit, reset the view and took the pic. So its a bit easier to see how the Cessnas, with their seats all the way back give a more distance reach to the controls and in VR it is very noticeable. PLEASE do not tell me to reset my viewpoint or change my config file. I am NOT trying to fix the current issue. I know how to do that. Unlike others, I can not move my head back to reset my VR eyepoint bringing the panel closer when I sit normal in my simpit seat as I have a wall right behind me. Thats not the point. I am not complaining. Just providing actual customer feedback that any user who takes the time to understand the point realizes its a true point as some posters in this thread have already agreed upon.

C172 2D
C182 2D
Cherokee 2D
Comanche 2D
Bonanaza 2D

As you can see they all look rather normal in 2D

C172 VR
C182 VR
Cherokee VR
Comanche VR
Bonanaza VR

As you can see comparing the various cockpits, the Cessnas are further away from the panel where the other cockpits are not. The C182 is not as bad as the C172 which I noted in the OP but it still suffers the same issue.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

As an amateur photographer, those VR pictures give me the impression that a wide angle lens was used. I don't have VR myself but perhaps the FOV could be adjusted to help mitigate the effect?

Steve.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 17:19 Ok, I see. Ill see depending on how things progress into 2020. In the meantime just move the seat as you would a real aircraft, a lot more immersive in VR imo to do this when you first get in the cockpit. And remember esp when it comes to high wing, whats right for you isnt going to be right for everyone so no matter where that 3d seat is, it'll never be right for everyone.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Amen Lewis !

P.S. I think most of get it by now. :D

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

bladerunner900 wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 10:47 As an amateur photographer, those VR pictures give me the impression that a wide angle lens was used. I don't have VR myself but perhaps the FOV could be adjusted to help mitigate the effect?

Steve.
You actually have to see it in 3D to see that everything looks 100% completely normal and to real life size. Think of world maps that stretches out the poles and flatten a 3d sphere into 2D compared to a globe of the world that is round.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

bladerunner900 wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 10:47 As an amateur photographer, those VR pictures give me the impression that a wide angle lens was used. I don't have VR myself but perhaps the FOV could be adjusted to help mitigate the effect?

Steve.
Unfortuatley VR doesnt translate well to screenshots, what you see in the shot isnt what you see as the effect requires the 3d space effect and both eyes, screenshots are only taken from the single eye. It looks a lot better when actually sat inside the cockpit in VR hehe.

cheers,
Lewis

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 11:39

Steve.
Unfortuatley VR doesnt translate well to screenshots, what you see in the shot isnt what you see as the effect requires the 3d space effect and both eyes, screenshots are only taken from the single eye. It looks a lot better when actually sat inside the cockpit in VR hehe.

cheers,
Lewis
Okay. I'll shut up now.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 04 Dec 2019, 11:39

cheers,
Lewis
I agree with you. However the Cessnas look stretched in VR like they were zoomed out to 0.5 zoom level while all other aircraft (A2A and other) simply look correctly modeled. I have no idea why this happens as - in normal 2D - everything is (or seems to be) measured correctly.

I usually move my head forward in Chaseplane but this is just a fake correction while looking straight ahead. as soon as you move around you clearly are sitting too far forward. I will take a few screenshots, maybe it's possible to see what I mean even in the 2D capture.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I need to correct myself. I see this stretched cockpit also in the Bonanza and in the Cherokee. I can't really describe it but the cockpits in 3D are far too big. A C182 is a tiny airplane and you sit in it shoulder at shoulder but in VR it feels huge. I tried to take some screenshots for comparison but you don't see anything in the images, they look just as far away as the C172 screenshot above. in the 747 and the Duke however it feels like you can easily touch the panel, it's just in front of you were it should be. However in the A2A aircraft I just tried it looks like the panel was 1m away and I had to lean forward. I must add that in 2D I always fly at a zoom level of 1 to 0.9 using TrackIR. I have NO idea how VR manages this zoom stuff. I also want to make clear that I don't say A2A was wrong, maybe it's simply done differently and the VR function handles it differently but it looks very different to sit in an A2A airplane compared to others. Maybe it's a simple camera setting like a forced wide view?

You see in the pictures below that the view to the side looks very stretched. Everything is way longer than in normal 2D. Also the red text in the top right corner says zoom 0.3 in VR although it was set to 1 in 2D. but that is the natural view in VR were everything moves without warp effect and the outside world is zoomed correctly. I have no explanation for that.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Probably really just the seat.. I've just moved my viewpoint to were it is in the real aircraft compared to the door and yoke and it looks much more usual. However A2A moved the seats further forward I would be inside the seat in 2D.. compromises... A2A still makes the best GA airplanes and warbirds :DD

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ive never seen what you are describing before using the Vive or Index. Is it possible you have a certain setting set in correctly in your sim settings somewhere?

If you want to move within VR make sure you are moving and not using any zoom or third party view software to move. Simply move yourself. If you want to move forward, then move back center your view using center view button and then move forward a little etc.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”