Texan Drivers

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Texan Drivers

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Hadn't seen this before, but this little gem popped up in my recommendeds over on YouTube. It is a nice little video and pretty relevant to A2A. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/ZhiZ-Ux6hlk
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: Texan Drivers

Post by patful »

I grew up at Sheppard, and ended up living a couple of miles from the runway, T-38s constantly flying right over my house for 45 years. Broke my heart to move away, and I still don't sleep well out here in the boonies with no aircraft flying overhead. :cry:

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

I hear you patful. I grew up outside of Houston right along the approach path for Ellington field. We got the NASA T-38s over head almost everyday. Couple that with the fact that 3 of the Kate torpedo bombers from the CAF's Tora Tora Tora Sq were based at a grass field just south of my house and you got to see them flying formation over the house once or twice a month and it was an aviators paradise. I hated it when my dad's job moved us to Florida well away from any airports. There was also a doctor that owned a Bell 206 that lived just on the other side of the open land between my street and the next one(about 2 miles across) and he would come home for lunch in it and fly right over our house, land in his backyard, and then about 45min later, take off and head back north. I loved it.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Also nice one, featuring the A2A Texan II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVgFMxjLvkI

razark
Airman Basic

Post by razark »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 06 Dec 2019, 17:21 I grew up outside of Houston right along the approach path for Ellington field.
That's where I am now. Got to watch the B-17 flying around this morning.
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”