FSX SE Beta branch update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

FSX SE Beta branch update

Post by Alfredson007 »

"We've released a new beta branch for FSX:SE that will help us gain valuable new telemetry data that will help us in the development of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator."

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/e ... 9796115748

There actually seems to be some bug fixes too :D After all these years... anyhow, has anyone tried it? Will everything work as before, considering a2a planes, other addons, keybinds etc. And will reverting back to original version be just fine. Little paranoid, do not want to break my FSX installation at this point.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSX SE Beta branch update

Post by Skycat »

The comments say it causes CTD if you have any addons. I happen to have just installed a fresh FSX:SE to my second computer so maybe I'll give it a try. It looks like the developers are testing real time weather delivery.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

CarbonBasedLifeForm
Airman

Post by CarbonBasedLifeForm »

Seems like A2A 182 works right out of the box. Not OrbX.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I just tried the beta with only the Aeroplane Heaven P-47D (a Steam DLC) installed and FSX works fine. I haven't noticed any obvious changes to the base sim other than the real time weather seems to work. I did read the change log about corrected oil pressure tables, etc. But I'll use the beta for a while in case it helps the 2020 team. I wonder what data they are gathering?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

CarbonBasedLifeForm
Airman

Post by CarbonBasedLifeForm »

Skycat wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 19:00 I just tried the beta with only the Aeroplane Heaven P-47D (a Steam DLC) installed and FSX works fine. I haven't noticed any obvious changes to the base sim other than the real time weather seems to work. I did read the change log about corrected oil pressure tables, etc. But I'll use the beta for a while in case it helps the 2020 team. I wonder what data they are gathering?
Did you try to see if your framerates are better in certain situations? Mine are in areas with a lot of autogen.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

No, so far I've only made a few circuits over Great Falls, Montana, a city is best described in real life as an island in a sea of grass. Stock FSX uses almost no autogen outside of city limits. What I have noticed so far is the newly enabled weather isn't accurately portraying my local current conditions. For example it has been overcast and windy here this morning and FSX interpreted it as light rain.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”