How to move my A2A fleet to new PC build?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
joepoway
Airman First Class

How to move my A2A fleet to new PC build?

Post by joepoway »

I just finished a new PC build and wanted to move my 3 A2A aircraft to the new build with the fresh install of P3 Dv4.5, I deactivated P3D on the old PC. I simply copied my A2A folder from my old PC add-on folder into the new PC’s P3DV4.5 add- on folder and they were all recognized at the startup of P3D and work just fine. However I realized I don’t have the update tool or configuration tools installed on the new PC. I had previously uninstalled and reinstalled everything on the old PC using the new A2A xml method and all aircraft are logged with the A2A store. Is there a way to just install the update tool on this new build and it would link the 3 aircraft in my new add-on folder or do I need to delete the A2A add-on folder and start the install process all over after somehow deactivating my aircraft on the old PC.

The reason I’m trying to avoid this is that I make extensive config file mods to all my 2D and VR pop up views and GTN 750 and would prefer to not have to rewrite all those again.

Please advise
Joe
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How to move my A2A fleet to new PC build?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for correct operation ALWAYS reinstall the software and avoid like the plague a copy paste operation.

For your edits, simply back those cfg's up and move across once updated. However make sure the ones you back are fully updated otherwise you will be corrupting any changes made during updates by reverting and potentially breaking your software.

To save your flight hours you can also backup your .dat files for your aircraft so you can start where you left off too flight hours and aircraft wise.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”